Why can't we carry 2 of the same weapon??

Say you have a DMR and a UNSC Pistol. The DMR has ammo but you are out on your Pistol. On the ground you have a DMR and a plasma pistol. You can’t pick up the DMR because you already have one and its full, And no one wants a plasma pistol because they stink. Make it where we have the option to carry two of the same weapon! Who says you can’t carry two of your favorite weapons threw a mission? Make it happen Captain! I much rather use my empty weapon to crack some skulls than pick up that stupid plasma pistol! What’s your thoughts?

I love the plasma pistol.

I also routinely start with two BRs or two ARs because I have multiple variants for each (and because I play Warzone). In Arena, I try to be a little more varied. Having two headshot weapons just means you’re not hitting your shots, and switching weapons is faster than reloading.

Halo 4 was the prime idea why it didn’t work to a degree. Dueling a few in halo 2 and 4 helped some for weapon variation. Weapon balance is a big factor to halo’s multiplayer core game play.

Both great and interesting comments, but let me be a little more specific. I talking more about the campaign but would also be good for multiplayer. I’m not talking about dual welding, I’m simply saying if you are carrying a good weapon and your other gun is out of ammo. Why not be aloud to carry the same weapon that you can switch to if you don’t like anything else that is laying on the ground at the point of your location. If that makes a little more sense.

Real question: Why would you want to?

In a matter of speaking, you can. If you have different variation of a weapon, like a BR with a laser sight, it counts as a separate weapon. So you could spawn with an ordinary BR and one with an attachment in Warzone, if you wanted to.

Ever heard of Guerrilla Warfare? It’s what makes Halo campaigns what they are. Out of ammo? The battlefield is your armoury.

> 2533274925602214;7:
> Ever heard of Guerrilla Warfare? It’s what makes Halo campaigns what they are. Out of ammo? The battlefield is your armoury.

And if all else fails, you are the weapon.

In custom games, we can’t even have both weapon starts be the same :/… Where’s infinite ammo and bottomless clip too?

> 2533274874421442;4:
> Both great and interesting comments, but let me be a little more specific. I talking more about the campaign but would also be good for multiplayer. I’m not talking about dual welding, I’m simply saying if you are carrying a good weapon and your other gun is out of ammo. Why not be aloud to carry the same weapon that you can switch to if you don’t like anything else that is laying on the ground at the point of your location. If that makes a little more sense.

As Halo CE manual says: You’ll see the advantages and disadvantages of carry two weapons.

This isn’t just in Halo…plenty of shooters do the same thing…it doesn’t make sense to have two of the same weapon. Especially since it wouldn’t be fair.

Say for instance a person has two RPGs. Nobody would like that since the RPG is an overpowered weapon. Or say someone has two Assault Rifles. They deal a fair amount of damage and are good for putting pressure on opponents. Imagine two of those? YOU might think it’s a good idea at first, but then someone else does it. Then it’s no longer a good idea, but a stupid one.

Overall, the game forces players to use tactics when choosing weapons. Tactics make a game fair. Spamming your favorite weapon takes the strategy out of the game, since all guns are suited for various scenarios. It’s best to use the options given to us and make the most of them.

Also, the Plasma Pistol is more suited for Anti-Vehicle and Anti-Shield attacks. Hit a Spartan with a fully charged Plasma Pistol, switch to the DMR, and aim for the head. It’s a powerful and highly effective combination. : )