Why can't they just get rid of AA's?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo is following COD and Battlefield, adding all this unnecessary crap that alters the core gameplay. Why can’t they just leave it where it lay?

Because AA’s add more strategic value to the game.

Why can’t you just play Halo’s or playlists that don’t have them?

Because apparently Halo needs to change even though there is absolutely no evidence to support that theory and the last time it tried, it failed hard.

I can’t think of anything in CoD or BF that is similar to AAs, so I don’t know where that’s coming from. In any case, Halo 4 is a class-based shooter now, and while AAs are out of place in a hyper-equalized arena setting, with class-based systems it’s a lot more sensible.

Because a lot of people enjoy having Armour Abilities in Halo, since they add fresh and new gameplay experiences.

Just because you don’t like them, it doesn’t mean that they’re stupid and don’t belong in Halo. If you’re not happy with them, either go play in playlists that won’t have them, or play some good old Halo 3.

> Because AA’s add more strategic value to the game.

No they just slow down the gameplay.

Ok, I’m gonna say this. If they made Halo 4 EXACTLY like Halo 3, that would not interest me at all.

> Because AA’s add more strategic value to the game.

Because spamming Armor Lock while under attack from a sword wielder has any element of strategy?

Please dont do this. You are basically begging for people to bash this thread.

> > Because AA’s add more strategic value to the game.
>
> Because spamming Armor Lock while under attack from a sword wielder has any element of strategy?

Armor Lock wasn’t the only AA. Did you seriously create this thread just to bash AA because of Armor Lock?

> Because apparently Halo needs to change even though there is absolutely no evidence to support that theory and the last time it tried, it failed hard.

Halo would become stale and boring if it stayed the same for more than 11 years. Unlike you, some of us don’t want to see that happen to such a great game franchise. Something fresh needs to be added to the game to make it interesting.

> Because apparently Halo needs to change even though there is absolutely no evidence to support that theory and the last time it tried, it failed hard.

In fact, there is strong evidence that the contrary is true. CoD “stays the same” every year yet it has only grown in popularity and financial success.

And there are plenty of game series that do that.

IDK about you but i don’t want the same game each and every time.

>
> Because spamming Armor Lock while under attack from a sword wielder has any element of strategy?

It does, but most people just don’t approve of its use (like me, thus why it’s not in Halo 4). Enough about Reach though.

> > > Because AA’s add more strategic value to the game.
> >
> > Because spamming Armor Lock while under attack from a sword wielder has any element of strategy?
>
> Armor Lock wasn’t the only AA. Did you seriously create this thread just to bash AA because of Armor Lock?

No, I hate Jet Pack too, it turns a 1 minute walk into a 5 second flight.

I’m sad that no one saw what I did in my OP.

>

Don’t be so narrow minded.

Because even though bungie didn’t implement them well, AAs still have potential. The only problem Bungie made with AAs was building them to completely alter the flow of the game. 343 is trying to make them much more subtle towards gameplay, making no one AA give you the ability to escape death or destroy map movement. Instead they will give you the option between better visibility, slight speed boost, limited defense in a single direction, etc. In fact, so far they make so little impact on gameplay compared to reach, that AAs finally act as bungie wanted them to; equipment that lasts longer than one use, and gives a small edge to gameplay.

> > > > Because AA’s add more strategic value to the game.
> > >
> > > Because spamming Armor Lock while under attack from a sword wielder has any element of strategy?
> >
> > Armor Lock wasn’t the only AA. Did you seriously create this thread just to bash AA because of Armor Lock?
>
> No, I hate Jet Pack too, it turns a 1 minute walk into a 5 second flight.
>
> I’m sad that no one saw what I did in my OP.

I saw your OP, and you aren’t understanding me. Not all AA’s were broken. AL was Jetpack was, but not all of them.

> > > Because AA’s add more strategic value to the game.
> >
> > Because spamming Armor Lock while under attack from a sword wielder has any element of strategy?
>
> Don’t be so narrow minded.

That’s not the problem, the fact that something that requires no risk to acquire, and can’t be lost allows you to counter a power weapon.