Why can't the TU be implemented in all playlists?

I just don’t understand these people on the fourms, just what is your definition of “casual”, does it mean someone who just plays Reach every once in a while, or is it someone who is the opposite of “competitive”? And if it is the opposite of competitive, just why should every playlist be a competitive playlist? I understand that some playlist are considered less than competitive, like Living Dead and Action Sack, and I very rarely play those. I loved to play Invasion but that playlist hasn’t had an update and I got tired of the same three maps being played over and over again.

I bought an X Box 360 to play Halo and only Halo, after Halo 3 I have played Reach and it is the only game I play on X Box live, I have played other games but I devote almost all my time to playing Halo Reach, so I don’t think that makes me a “casual” player, I drop hundreds of dollars on the Halo franchise, and I don’t like the TU. It is more acceptable than it was before bleed through was removed, however I still hate the way Armor Lock was nerfed, now armor lock is a deathtrap. I have been playing BTB again since the bleed through was removed and it is now PLAYABLE, however I really don’t think the armor lock nerft should be in BTB at all! Go into armor lock and you can be knocked out of it and die, I mean come on that is B.S.! Especially in a playlist like BTB, and with the new heavy maps. I have been killed so many times after going into armor lock by just TWO grenades, TWO! It is so stupid that I can go into Armor Lock to avoid something in the hopes that my teammates can kill the guy, but no, I get two nades thrown at me and it knocks me out and I die, not to mention any vehicle damage in that playlist as well.

I can accept the sword block removal and the 85% bloom, those do make the game play better, but the armor lock nerf is complete dried up smelly no good horse manure and I would love to see that removed from Big Team playlist. If nothing else remove TU completely from Big Team, that playlist doesn’t need it, Vanilla Reach worked fine for over a year and I the TU really hurts the game play in Big Team. Mostly because of the size of the teams and the fact that there are now heavy maps (which is good).

> I can accept the sword block removal and the 85% bloom, those do make the game play better, but the armor lock nerf is complete dried up smelly no good horse manure and I would love to see that removed from Big Team playlist. If nothing else remove TU completely from Big Team, that playlist doesn’t need it, Vanilla Reach worked fine for over a year and I the TU really hurts the game play in Big Team. Mostly because of the size of the teams and the fact that there are now heavy maps (which is good).

Removal of sword block gave Sprinter/Sword players the exact advantage they tried to take away with bleed through. The run-up or roll-up beat down. Sword block at least gave the player half a chance to fight back.

This last paragraph illustrates the issue with TU perfectly. You are an armor locker, which is why you are upset about the new weaker version. Because you use(d) armor lock so much, you can get into situations that you really shouldn’t be in, and survive. Over-exposure, rushing into a group, etc, can be mitigated with use of armor lock. You don’t have to use strong, viable tactics, because armor lock will save you from yourself. It’s why it was created, so no-one can fault anyone for it.

That being said, you have had no need to better your skill, because you have AL as a crutch. Sword block removal and 85% bloom allow you to get more kills, so you say they make the game better. They don’t, really. They make it worse for people that took the time to learn tactics, and how to aim, and easier for people that didn’t.

343 isn’t doing you any favors with this. They are saying that H4 will be the BR from H3, with hitscan implemented. By not forcing you to become more skilled now, you will get wrecked in H4, assuming they actually follow through with an H3 or H2 style BR. Right now, you can torso spam at mid-range and beat players that are aiming at your head, and hitting on target, because of the 85% bloom. You will lose those battles when bloom is removed and hitscan/recoil is re-implemented.

In the meantime, I will stay with any playlist that is not TU, so I can be prepared and on point when H4 MM drops.