Why can't anyone stay true to Canon?

Et Tu BS Angel?
In this weeks Caption Fun picks one of the winners makes this comment…

Caption Fun 51

<mark>“Sometimes, Dr. Halsey wondered if her Spartan III’s ever got the correct gun training the UNSC promised.”</mark> -Ninjaman3250

Dr. Halsey had nothing to do with the Spartan III program. She only had suspicions that Col. Ackerson had started with his own program. This was poke in the eye in Reach and now even waypoint is at fault.

I know that this was the comment from a member and not an official waypoint rep. I also know that this is suppose to humerous rather than serious.

My problem is that there is already too much confusion over the Halo canon and now that 343i is connecting all the books into the plot it should be a mission of theirs to keep true to canon.

Your seriously complaining about an individuals comedic comment on a photo because it’s not canon? Please back away from the keyboard, go outside and take a couple deep breaths of fresh air.

> I know that this was the comment from a member and not an official waypoint rep. I also know that this is suppose to humerous rather than serious.
>
> My problem is that there is already too much confusion over the Halo canon and now that 343i is connecting all the books into the plot it should be a mission of theirs to keep true to canon.

Well, 343i never called that statement canonical. They just called it funny. :\

Picking that line as a caption contest winner is just a more formal and widely-broadcasted way of saying, “lol”.