Why can't AI move around the map in Warzone?

I notice that in Warzone the bosses always stay in the same radius of space of where they spawned and I really don’t get that. I thought Warzone was meant to be more of a battlefield with dynamic bosses, but with them not moving they basically feel like bullet sponges with guns. Even the banshees and phaetons stay pretty much in the same area.

Please 343i, have them move around.

I kind of like that I don’t have to chase around a boss. If I had to chase a banshee around the entire map for only 25 points, I’d let it fly on.

That’s what PvE is for, other than that, I definitely wouldn’t want my Elite assassin or Knight Dignitary moving towards a team that already has one on their side and is dominating on top of that.

> 2533274821174589;3:
> That’s what PvE is for, other than that, I definitely wouldn’t want my Elite assassin or Knight Dignitary moving towards a team that already has one on their side and is dominating on top of that.

> 2533274822820920;2:
> I kind of like that I don’t have to chase around a boss. If I had to chase a banshee around the entire map for only 25 points, I’d let it fly on.

True, but don’t you guys think it gets boring having them in the same spot never moving after awhile?

> 2533274821174589;3:
> That’s what PvE is for, other than that, I definitely wouldn’t want my Elite assassin or Knight Dignitary moving towards a team that already has one on their side and is dominating on top of that.

That’s one way to look at it.
But OP got a point though, for a PvPvE game mode, there’s not much of the E that make it exciting or even that special.

Bosses spawn in small areas, have a small handful of minions and that group is stationary.

Now of course, bosses rewarding points shouldn’t move around. However, that’s not to say other AI shouldn’t spawn to wreck havoc around the map.

Now I haven’t played much Vanilla Warzone, but I think I’d be more interested in it if there was more stuff going on in terms of the AI.

AI’s control the bases at the start of matches, why not spawn in larger groups of AI to assault those bases later in the game in order to take them back? With bosses and all, but no points for killing the boss, just got to keep the base.

Or roaming AI groups of both factions. It’d be cool to see them fight each other and then have players of both teams join the fray.

Or even start assaulting Cores.
“Warden Eternal has spawned a Siege wave against the central objective”
“Warden Eternal has captured central objective”
“Warden Eternal now assaulting both armories”
“Warden Eternal has captured your Armory, your core is exposed”

“Warden Eternal is assaulting your core, protect it”

Its similar to the enemy movement in other PVP/E games isnt it? Destiny enemies would only stay in one general area too.

> 2533274831388058;1:
> I notice that in Warzone the bosses always stay in the same radius of space of where they spawned and I really don’t get that. I thought Warzone was meant to be more of a battlefield with dynamic bosses, but with them not moving they basically feel like bullet sponges with guns. Even the banshees and phaetons stay pretty much in the same area.
>
> Please 343i, have them move around.

The AI enemies are for players to travel toward. That’s the gameplay design point.