Why BTB maps has so bad graphics ?

Firstly;

They gave us Forge maps…I was expecting special maps not forge ones…

Secondly;

Graphics…Those maps are like they dont have textures…Remember Reach, Halo 4 forge maps…Even they look way better than this…What is the reason for this ?

Also free content will be forged maps also. This is not good

Halo 4 Forge map

Halo 5 Forge map…Ridiculous

Because Forge.

AND NO, FREE DLC COMING NEXT YEAR WILL NOT BE FORGE.

> 2533274812698627;2:
> Because Forge.
>
> AND NO, FREE DLC COMING NEXT YEAR WILL NOT BE FORGE.

I know it’s because of Forge…But look at Reach and Halo 4 forge maps…At least they had some texture

The community who uses forge asked for the more simple textures. They allow us more freedom to build without it looks like a glitch of a clipping mess.

> 2533274794410385;3:
> > 2533274812698627;2:
> > Because Forge.
> >
> > AND NO, FREE DLC COMING NEXT YEAR WILL NOT BE FORGE.
>
>
> I know it’s because of Forge…But look at Reach and Halo 4 forge maps…At least they had some texture

We don’t know what is completely coming with Forge in Halo 5 so personally I don’t know how you can compare the two completely at this time till the actual complete product is out. I also find the maps to look nice even without textures, but usually I’m too busy shooting and playing the game to be able to stop and look for long periods of time, just the scan of the map in the beginning looks nice even without textures.

Shouldn’t the question be “Why do FORGE maps looks so bad” then?

> 2533274814523119;4:
> The community who uses forge asked for the more simple textures. They allow us more freedom to build without it looks like a glitch of a clipping mess.

Also this as well.

> 2533274882036522;7:
> > 2533274814523119;4:
> > The community who uses forge asked for the more simple textures. They allow us more freedom to build without it looks like a glitch of a clipping mess.
>
>
> Also this as well.

Which is a stupid reason in itself and i cant believe343 listened

halo 5 forge map look like a stupid PC game

> 2533274863167785;8:
> > 2533274882036522;7:
> > > 2533274814523119;4:
> > > The community who uses forge asked for the more simple textures. They allow us more freedom to build without it looks like a glitch of a clipping mess.
> >
> >
> > Also this as well.
>
>
> Which is a stupid reason in itself and i cant believe343 listened

That they listened to the people who are actually going to use Forge compared to the people who are just going to run around it without having done any kind of work into the map? Like I said earlier we don’t completely know what Forge has in store just yet so I think we should wait till its out and know what it has in full before ranting about it.

> 2533274882036522;10:
> > 2533274863167785;8:
> > > 2533274882036522;7:
> > > > 2533274814523119;4:
> > > > The community who uses forge asked for the more simple textures. They allow us more freedom to build without it looks like a glitch of a clipping mess.
> > >
> > >
> > > Also this as well.
> >
> >
> > Which is a stupid reason in itself and i cant believe343 listened
>
>
> That they listened to the people who are actually going to use Forge compared to the people who are just going to run around it without having done any kind of work into the map? Like I said earlier we don’t completely know what Forge has in store just yet so I think we should wait till its out and know what it has in full before ranting about it.

Well then without further reasoning I will give it a shot and then my review on it but I will say this though Forge World has Alpine and Glacier beat by miles to come

Fair enough, but thank you

> 2533274814523119;4:
> The community who uses forge asked for the more simple textures. They allow us more freedom to build without it looks like a glitch of a clipping mess.

Well I’m part of the forge community and I for one think that the Halo 5 ‘simple’ textures is just horrible. They look ridiculous and tbh I could have made more interesting textures while still keeping it ‘simple’ if they let me go over it all with a dull crayon. IMO it’s 343 appealing to the new halo generation where we are not actual Spartans anymore, we are just a bunch of plastic soldiers on a ship playing ‘war games’ and ‘arena simulations’ because forget actual battlefields, don’t wanna get my pretty suit dirty. Fake looking items to appeal to the fake battles we play. What ever happened to the feel of Reach and Halo 3 where you actually are a spartan on a battlefield. Now we are just suppose to be idiots playing a simulation (in a game). It’s an act of laziness on the part of 343.

People just want instant grat these days. All pretty and stuff. Like my Nan used to say. ‘Its about what you feel inside, not looks’.

forgers have been asking for plain textures for a long time now, 343 have listened and given forgers exactly that, IMO i think they look great, i quite like the blank textures lol.

Also, reach’s forge pieces were disgusting, these are definitely nicer to look at :stuck_out_tongue:

and new original, studio maps are coming as free DLC, there will be a total of 15/18+ of them…

> 2533274808159740;13:
> > 2533274814523119;4:
> > The community who uses forge asked for the more simple textures. They allow us more freedom to build without it looks like a glitch of a clipping mess.
>
>
> Well I’m part of the forge community and I for one think that the Halo 5 ‘simple’ textures is just horrible. They look ridiculous and tbh I could have made more interesting textures while still keeping it ‘simple’ if they let me go over it all with a dull crayon. IMO it’s 343 appealing to the new halo generation where we are not actual Spartans anymore, we are just a bunch of plastic soldiers on a ship playing ‘war games’ and ‘arena simulations’ because forget actual battlefields, don’t wanna get my pretty suit dirty. Fake looking items to appeal to the fake battles we play. What ever happened to the feel of Reach and Halo 3 where you actually are a spartan on a battlefield. Now we are just suppose to be idiots playing a simulation (in a game). It’s an act of laziness on the part of 343.

Because bringing the multiplayer into the lore of the universe is lazy.
You are just looking for excuses. Quit playing if you dislike it

First of all i dont think they look bad.
But id imagine the reason behind it is the worse the textures the more stuff you can put in cause its taking up less of the memory

i actualy like the halo 5 forge maps, there simpel and make it easy to spot enemy’s what makes the game more fun for me

I dont like the new forge assets neither. I am fine with having objects without textures, but pls give us the same objects with textures.

Then you can do both, build complex structures with objects clipping into each other and build some aesthetic looking stuff -Yoink- well.

These “no textures btb maps” just look horrible to me. It kills the feeling of fighting on a “real” battle environment.

At least with the forge in Halo 5 we will be able to add color to our buildings.