Why bash on the Competitive players?

People are saying how useless it is for 343i to appease the competitive community. Why? We are just trying to have our way of fun just like you. Maybe we are a minority, but Halo honestly maintained its huge popularity thanks to competitive players (ie MLG tournaments, AGL, Gamebattles, etc) in my opinion. There’s only a couple thousand players playing Team Throwdown? So what? Grow up and realize that not every competitive player is playing TT, nor is every competitive player online. Stop talking -Yoink- to/about us and enjoy your style of play, while we ask to be able to enjoy ours.

Because we’re all like the “mlg pros” they run into when they play MM who trash talk, brag, and stat on them.

> People are saying how useless it is for 343i to appease the competitive community. Why? We are just trying to have our way of fun just like you. Maybe we are a minority, <mark>but Halo honestly maintained its huge popularity thanks to competitive players</mark> (ie MLG tournaments, AGL, Gamebattles, etc) in my opinion. There’s only a couple thousand players playing Team Throwdown? So what? Grow up and realize that not every competitive player is playing TT, nor is every competitive player online. Stop talking -Yoink- to/about us and enjoy your style of play, while we ask to be able to enjoy ours.

I honestly really dislike you right now. Halo never needed MLG or hyper competitive players. It was already very fun very unique game without all of that. Halo never needed this “competitive” crap. It was all about those fun moments where you fragged a buddy or sprayed wildly and got a double kill. Now we have un real expectations from all of these “supposed true fans” trying to claim that reach/halo 4 arn’t halo because it doesn’t meet competitive standards. You get bashed on because of all the negitivety your crowd brought. Also you bash on casuals claiming we lack understanding or have no opinion because it “doesn’t effect us” Changing the game at all does.

Both casuals and competitives alike are responsable for bad things. So don’t come at me or the forums with this holier then though mentality its sickening. I’m glad 343 decided to go to its silly over the top nonsense with these new game mechanics. While still keeping the halo gameplay. We don’t need or ever needed a super serious crowd. Halo was not built upon you. Your apart of our family now so you should get attention (team throw down) I wouldn’t considering how ungreatful most of you are but thankfully 343 doesn’t let feelings get in the way like most forum goers. I would just leave this thread and be greatful that your getting not only your own playlist but a whole map pack for your styles AND a skill based ranking. (CSR)

You’re just instigating a vicious cycle by trying to define the line betweeen a competitive and casual player and a competitive and casual critic.

Both sides are equally guilty in overwhelming numbers on these forums. For every competitive player that gets bashed, a casual player gets bashed for their take on the game as well.

If I had to guess- and this is coming from a neutral party- the reason competitives may be bashed so often is because they are perceived as a collective whole to be arrogant or too demanding.

Now while I most certainly do NOT agree that this is the case, I do notice a lot of the ‘competitive’ minded players who post on these forums are quite belligerent and demanding when they want something.

Even your responses on this thread are easily perceived as passive-aggressive, for example. Now I’m not trying to imply I think all competitives are mindless aggressive creatures, but it is a pretty common trait on these forums that a competitive-minded player tends to have some form of aggression in their logic and wording, even if it is meant to be latent or otherwise passive.

There have been some brilliant pleas from the competitive fanbase in the past though; if the nasty end of the spectrum weren’t so militant perhaps these more neutral and understanding voices would be heard more easily.

I always laugh at anyone who thinks that calling themselves a “competitive” player makes them any different from anyone else to plays games online

Noone goes online to lose, most just dont demand special playlists so they can go and feel all “pro” and smell their own farts.

Just to add, having an MLG gamerpic doesnt make you pro, making an emblem with MLG colours doesnt make you pro…calling yourself a competitive player also doesnt make you pro

> > People are saying how useless it is for 343i to appease the competitive community. Why? We are just trying to have our way of fun just like you. Maybe we are a minority, <mark>but Halo honestly maintained its huge popularity thanks to competitive players</mark> (ie MLG tournaments, AGL, Gamebattles, etc) in my opinion. There’s only a couple thousand players playing Team Throwdown? So what? Grow up and realize that not every competitive player is playing TT, nor is every competitive player online. Stop talking -Yoink- to/about us and enjoy your style of play, while we ask to be able to enjoy ours.
>
> I honestly really dislike you right now. Halo never needed MLG or hyper competitive players. It was already very fun very unique game without all of that. Halo never needed this “competitive” crap. It was all about those fun moments where you fragged a buddy or sprayed wildly and got a double kill. Now we have un real expectations from all of these “supposed true fans” trying to claim that reach/halo 4 arn’t halo because it doesn’t meet competitive standards. You get bashed on because of all the negitivety your crowd brought. Also you bash on casuals claiming we lack understanding or have no opinion because it “doesn’t effect us” Changing the game at all does.
>
> Both casuals and competitives alike are responsable for bad things. So don’t come at me or the forums with this holier then though mentality its sickening. I’m glad 343 decided to go to its silly over the top nonsense with these new game mechanics. While still keeping the halo gameplay. We don’t need or ever needed a super serious crowd. Halo was not built upon you. Your apart of our family now so you should get attention (team throw down) I wouldn’t considering how ungreatful most of you are but thankfully 343 doesn’t let feelings get in the way like most forum goers. I would just leave this thread and be greatful that your getting not only your own playlist but a whole map pack for your styles AND a skill based ranking. (CSR)

Actually MLG has helped with Halo’s fame loads and vice versa.

> > > People are saying how useless it is for 343i to appease the competitive community. Why? We are just trying to have our way of fun just like you. Maybe we are a minority, <mark>but Halo honestly maintained its huge popularity thanks to competitive players</mark> (ie MLG tournaments, AGL, Gamebattles, etc) in my opinion. There’s only a couple thousand players playing Team Throwdown? So what? Grow up and realize that not every competitive player is playing TT, nor is every competitive player online. Stop talking -Yoink- to/about us and enjoy your style of play, while we ask to be able to enjoy ours.
> >
> > I honestly really dislike you right now. Halo never needed MLG or hyper competitive players. It was already very fun very unique game without all of that. Halo never needed this “competitive” crap. It was all about those fun moments where you fragged a buddy or sprayed wildly and got a double kill. Now we have un real expectations from all of these “supposed true fans” trying to claim that reach/halo 4 arn’t halo because it doesn’t meet competitive standards. You get bashed on because of all the negitivety your crowd brought. Also you bash on casuals claiming we lack understanding or have no opinion because it “doesn’t effect us” Changing the game at all does.
> >
> > Both casuals and competitives alike are responsable for bad things. So don’t come at me or the forums with this holier then though mentality its sickening. I’m glad 343 decided to go to its silly over the top nonsense with these new game mechanics. While still keeping the halo gameplay. We don’t need or ever needed a super serious crowd. Halo was not built upon you. Your apart of our family now so you should get attention (team throw down) I wouldn’t considering how ungreatful most of you are but thankfully 343 doesn’t let feelings get in the way like most forum goers. I would just leave this thread and be greatful that your getting not only your own playlist but a whole map pack for your styles AND a skill based ranking. (CSR)
>
> Actually MLG has helped with Halo’s fame loads and vice versa.

And microsoft helped bungie “get out there” but that doesn’t mean what microsoft chooses to do with halo will always be right. Same goes for MLG. It may have got halo around. But that doesn’t mean it MADE halo or that it needed it.

> I always laugh at anyone who thinks that calling themselves a “competitive” player makes them any different from anyone else to plays games online
>
> Noone goes online to lose, most just dont demand special playlists so they can go and feel all “pro” and smell their own farts.
>
> Just to add, having an MLG gamerpic doesnt make you pro, making an emblem with MLG colours doesnt make you pro…calling yourself a competitive player also doesnt make you pro

I consider myself competitive because I take strategy, teamwork, callouts, and knowing the game seriously. Plus, I always track my stats. That doesn’t mean I don’t try to have fun or that I only play certain playlists, it just means that I want to win and I want to know how to effectively make a win happen.

> > > People are saying how useless it is for 343i to appease the competitive community. Why? We are just trying to have our way of fun just like you. Maybe we are a minority, <mark>but Halo honestly maintained its huge popularity thanks to competitive players</mark> (ie MLG tournaments, AGL, Gamebattles, etc) in my opinion. There’s only a couple thousand players playing Team Throwdown? So what? Grow up and realize that not every competitive player is playing TT, nor is every competitive player online. Stop talking -Yoink- to/about us and enjoy your style of play, while we ask to be able to enjoy ours.
> >
> > I honestly really dislike you right now. Halo never needed MLG or hyper competitive players. It was already very fun very unique game without all of that. Halo never needed this “competitive” crap. It was all about those fun moments where you fragged a buddy or sprayed wildly and got a double kill. Now we have un real expectations from all of these “supposed true fans” trying to claim that reach/halo 4 arn’t halo because it doesn’t meet competitive standards. You get bashed on because of all the negitivety your crowd brought. Also you bash on casuals claiming we lack understanding or have no opinion because it “doesn’t effect us” Changing the game at all does.
> >
> > Both casuals and competitives alike are responsable for bad things. So don’t come at me or the forums with this holier then though mentality its sickening. I’m glad 343 decided to go to its silly over the top nonsense with these new game mechanics. While still keeping the halo gameplay. We don’t need or ever needed a super serious crowd. Halo was not built upon you. Your apart of our family now so you should get attention (team throw down) I wouldn’t considering how ungreatful most of you are but thankfully 343 doesn’t let feelings get in the way like most forum goers. I would just leave this thread and be greatful that your getting not only your own playlist but a whole map pack for your styles AND a skill based ranking. (CSR)
>
> Actually MLG has helped with Halo’s fame loads and vice versa.

Although if we are to be fair, without Halo MLG might have never truly been realized to the scope it is today. :stuck_out_tongue: If anything, MLG just built up Halo 3- Halo 2 was already a hit before MLG was. So while MLG did help Halo with putting it on the circuit, the street goes both ways and I’d say Halo probably gave MLG a lot more than MLG gave Halo.

Just to put things in perspective, mind you.

> I always laugh at anyone who thinks that calling themselves a “competitive” player makes them any different from anyone else to plays games online
>
> Noone goes online to lose, most just dont demand special playlists so they can go and feel all “pro” and smell their own farts.
>
> Just to add, having an MLG gamerpic doesnt make you pro, making an emblem with MLG colours doesnt make you pro…calling yourself a competitive player also doesnt make you pro

You just proved the OPs point

> > I always laugh at anyone who thinks that calling themselves a “competitive” player makes them any different from anyone else to plays games online
> >
> > Noone goes online to lose, most just dont demand special playlists so they can go and feel all “pro” and smell their own farts.
> >
> > Just to add, having an MLG gamerpic doesnt make you pro, making an emblem with MLG colours doesnt make you pro…calling yourself a competitive player also doesnt make you pro
>
> I consider myself competitive because I take strategy, teamwork, callouts, and knowing the game seriously. Plus, I always track my stats. That doesn’t mean I don’t try to have fun or that I only play certain playlists, it just means that I want to win and I want to know how to effectively make a win happen.

This is how I am, but since I am against VIGR I get bashed for it.

> > > > People are saying how useless it is for 343i to appease the competitive community. Why? We are just trying to have our way of fun just like you. Maybe we are a minority, <mark>but Halo honestly maintained its huge popularity thanks to competitive players</mark> (ie MLG tournaments, AGL, Gamebattles, etc) in my opinion. There’s only a couple thousand players playing Team Throwdown? So what? Grow up and realize that not every competitive player is playing TT, nor is every competitive player online. Stop talking -Yoink- to/about us and enjoy your style of play, while we ask to be able to enjoy ours.
> > >
> > > I honestly really dislike you right now. Halo never needed MLG or hyper competitive players. It was already very fun very unique game without all of that. Halo never needed this “competitive” crap. It was all about those fun moments where you fragged a buddy or sprayed wildly and got a double kill. Now we have un real expectations from all of these “supposed true fans” trying to claim that reach/halo 4 arn’t halo because it doesn’t meet competitive standards. You get bashed on because of all the negitivety your crowd brought. Also you bash on casuals claiming we lack understanding or have no opinion because it “doesn’t effect us” Changing the game at all does.
> > >
> > > Both casuals and competitives alike are responsable for bad things. So don’t come at me or the forums with this holier then though mentality its sickening. I’m glad 343 decided to go to its silly over the top nonsense with these new game mechanics. While still keeping the halo gameplay. We don’t need or ever needed a super serious crowd. Halo was not built upon you. Your apart of our family now so you should get attention (team throw down) I wouldn’t considering how ungreatful most of you are but thankfully 343 doesn’t let feelings get in the way like most forum goers. I would just leave this thread and be greatful that your getting not only your own playlist but a whole map pack for your styles AND a skill based ranking. (CSR)
> >
> > Actually MLG has helped with Halo’s fame loads and vice versa.
>
> Although if we are to be fair, without Halo MLG might have never truly been realized to the scope it is today. :stuck_out_tongue: If anything, MLG just built up Halo 3- Halo 2 was already a hit before MLG was. So while MLG did help Halo with putting it on the circuit, the street goes both ways and I’d say Halo probably gave MLG a lot more than MLG gave Halo.
>
> Just to put things in perspective, mind you.

You must not have ever played Unreal Tournament or CS, there were Leagues way before MLG that had Halo and other much more competitive games, MLG was bound to be created at some point in time.

I bash “competitive” players because everybody here who claims they’re part of the “competitive” crowd is obnoxious, entitled, insulting, close-minded, immature, etc.

I am aware, however, that these are simply the “bad eggs” of the competitive community. It’s just a shame I’ve come to equate “competitive player” with “mindless child”.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > I always laugh at anyone who thinks that calling themselves a “competitive” player makes them any different from anyone else to plays games online
> >
> > Noone goes online to lose, most just dont demand special playlists so they can go and feel all “pro” and smell their own farts.
> >
> > Just to add, having an MLG gamerpic doesnt make you pro, making an emblem with MLG colours doesnt make you pro…calling yourself a competitive player also doesnt make you pro
>
> You just proved the OPs point

Happy I could help…I have no care for the thoughts of the butt hurt “competitive” players

> > > I always laugh at anyone who thinks that calling themselves a “competitive” player makes them any different from anyone else to plays games online
> > >
> > > Noone goes online to lose, most just dont demand special playlists so they can go and feel all “pro” and smell their own farts.
> > >
> > > Just to add, having an MLG gamerpic doesnt make you pro, making an emblem with MLG colours doesnt make you pro…calling yourself a competitive player also doesnt make you pro
> >
> > You just proved the OPs point
>
> Happy I could help…I have no care for the thoughts of the butt hurt “competitive” players

You seem to be the one that’s mad

Yeah…anyone saying MLG or any competitive play hasn’t helped Halo doesn’t know
they history of Halo that well.

MLG actually helped maintain Halo. It was a HUGE part of the game in the beginning from Halo CE-Halo 2.

It’s perfectly fine to have to spectrum of gaming. Recreational and Competitive.
There always has been and look how good the games were and popular they were.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 had great competitive scenes with MLG and look how popular and successful they both were. That is honestly why. People like a challenge. If there isn’t one, it gets boring.

MLG and competitive gaming in general is the only Reason Reach was made playable and Halo 4 is getting better.

We need a MLG playlist; we need 343i to listen to us for once and stop making excuses and being silent; and we need less n00bs online so we can have fun without the “spray & pray” tactics (or rather “stick & pray” tactics) being used so much that no one cares to live very long and get any form or shape of a spree.

> We need a MLG playlist; we need 343i to listen to us for once and stop making excuses and being silent; and we need less n00bs online so we can have fun without the “spray & pray” tactics (or rather “stick & pray” tactics) being used so much that no one cares to live very long and get any form or shape of a spree.

Throwdown is using MLG settings

I think people are just frustrated that there is a lot of useless and sometimes hateful complaining coming from self described “competitive” players right now.

Look mistakes were made with Halo 4 at launch and we all know it and 343i has even admitted it. But many of you are lingering on about that and spewing hateful garbage instead of looking at how Halo 4 has been consistently improving since launch. Or how many of you are not actually trying to help improve things further intelligently.

Look at Team Throwdown as an example. That was a playlist made by Halo Pros with 343i’s blessing for the competitive crowd, but yet some of you yoink over that too.