why aren't hands seen when activating panels

hey are there in canon reasons pertaining to why when you activate panels in halo don’t you see your hands touch the panel and why a notification like hold right bumper to open door turn up on screen

In the future all humans have moderate telekinetic abilities and are in the habit of using them to press buttons for sanitary reasons. Mjolnir armor reminds the user to do this by displaying the mnemonic he/she uses to activate telekinesis.

Um, no it’s just a video game. Although to be fair you do see the player activate things in Halo 4.

I like to Melee the door panel and press the Action button at the same time, making it look like my Spartan is in a REAL hurry to get to the next room.

> I like to Melee the door panel and press the Action button at the same time, making it look like my Spartan is in a REAL hurry to get to the next room.

This. Show those door controls who’s boss!

26 century humans have Telekenetic powers but Spartans need to have a reminder in their HUD because they’re alway fighting and might forget about their Telekentic Powers. :smiley:

But I think I saw in a Spartan Ops video of the 5th mission at I’m guessing E3 (Of terrible quality because it’s one of those videos thats held by a Camera man -___-) where you can see other players using their hands to activate something but only on other players, you can’t see it on your character, so in other words, you can see fellow players use an animation to activate something, but it’s the same as other games when your the one who activated something. Alteast, thats what I think I saw.

Guys, c’mon, you know there’s no telekinesis in Halo. It was technology that was invented in the early 25th Centurey called Manual Interface Normalization. Check the halopedia article yourself!

This is technology we could really use today. Think how much easier it would be to play iPhone and DS games if your hands didn’t get in the way of the screen! That is why the technology was invented!

Have you guys ever seens ‘Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny’?

Well, y’know the part where they have to deactivate the laser…?

That’s why.

Same reason you can’t see your character’s feet normally.

http://youtu.be/uzXNRfuzLcw?t=11m6s

As the video shows, future Halo game probably will feature animations for opening doors, acessing terminals, and so on.

> Same reason you can’t see your character’s feet normally.

But beyond Halo: CE, you can see your character’s legs in practically every Halo game. So how does that add up?

I’ve seen some footage of H4’s terminals that show we will now see Chief put his hands on interfaces/buttons/etc.

And then there’s the work in progress footage that we’ve all seen that shows a lot more interaction by Chief with his hands on objects.
So rest assured OP, your complaint can be thrown out the window :wink: