Why are you punishing good players?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why must you punish the high skilled and high rank players, was it because I spawned killed to much in halo reach?
In all seriousness though this matching true skill crap has got to go. When I play halo I want to have fun, not try my balls off every freaken game I play. I understand the counter arguments are going to be well the bad players and noobs don’t want to be killed so much every game, well like in life you learn from experience. Bad kids playing bad kids all day will only result in bad kids who think they are good, but actually arn’t. Plus, it will keep the high skilled players from improving because in those lower stress easier games they are able to practice routes and jumps etc… however in the high stress intense games, which are every match I play in, I’m just worried about trying to maintain a lead and how fast I have to strafe.
You are preventing me from being better, high skill vs high skill only equals stress and frustration and rage, not better gameplay, especially now when kids can leave at any point during a game, wouldn’t it make the most sense to make all matchmaking random pairings?

If only you would have released a beta… but I am sure Microsoft’s blank check didn’t allow there money for beta.

It sounds like you just want to stomp on bad players all day? You aren’t interested in even and fair matches? Or having some healthy competition?

Sounds to me like True Skill matching is working. Nice one 343.

You do realise your game history can still be viewed on B.Net for Reach and H3?

I hate playing all of these amazing players all of the time. I know there has to be people below level 40 but i RARELY see anyone lower then 40!!! :confused:

> It sounds like you just want to stomp on bad players all day? You aren’t interested in even and fair matches? Or having some healthy competition?
>
> Sounds to me like True Skill matching is working. Nice one 343.
>
> You do realise your game history can still be viewed on B.Net for Reach and H3?

Not healthy competition when we have to work hard 24/7 every game.

You do realise how silly these statements are don’t you? You don’t get better playing bad players, you get better learning from mistakes and losses.

I’m not saying you get better from playing bad players. Some times i would like to relax in a social playlist or atmosphere rather then playing very competitively all of the time.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

I’m not saying you get better from playing bad players. Some times i would like to relax in a social playlist or atmosphere rather then playing very competitively all of the time. I would justify that your opinion is void anyways, as you have only reached SR-16 and have not played a reasonable amount of games to have a good understanding of what we are saying.

> You do realise your game history can still be viewed on B.Net for Reach and H3?

basically this. he talks like he is a high skilled player when in fact he’s not even close. I can see why the OP would want a free ride and lax trueskill in crushing new players now and it’s not for the benefit of making matchmaking fun or fair for everyone else.

I’m all for the tight trueskill matching me with other skilled players. That is the only way to get better actually when you are facing players that are as good as or better than you. Playing against noobs teaches you nothing.

You are right - after over 13,500 matches in Halo 3, thousands of COD FFA matches and some couple of thousand Halol Reach I don’t understand how True Skill matching works or the difference that ranked and social can bring.

It is a different system used in H4, so obviously you do not.

Are you complaining because matchmaking is matching you against players around your skill level instead of beginners? Seriously?

It seems to be the essence of it VVhale. Static has ‘discovered’ that 343i is no longer using Microsoft TrueSkill also! We got some geniuses over here.

Umm, you clearly aren’t good at all if you dislike enemies who can shoot straight. Everyone loves killing. Even the beginners you want to run circles around

Just play Halo Trial for PC if you want to dominate noobs. That’s what I do after playing annoying tryhard matches in Halo 4. Seriously I haven’t met one person in Halo Trial that knows how to use the pistol or strafe right. Last match I got 125 kills and 2 flag captures only using pistol and sniper. Trust me it’s so much better than tryhard matches in Halo 4.

I don’t mind the competition I just hate when I am teamed up with a bunch of less skilled players against dudes that were SR60+ it was insane and I keep getting matches like that. Like the OP said, I want to chill sometime and not have to get slaughtered if I do try to chill and have fun. Big Team battle used to be the fun game type now it’s like Big Team MLG.

I just hit 48 and the highest I’ve seen is 54 , by rank 2 everyone has a rifle. I was fine fighting light rifles with my carbine early on

OP needs to get a grip. Probably the most selfish whine thread I’ve ever seen on these forums.

You are not unique in wanting to have fun. New players and much more casual players who payed just as much for the game as you did also want to have fun. They do not have fun being killed off spawn and repeatedly kerb stomped by people who devote a large proportion of their time to practicing at a game.

I’m certainly a halo n00b and getting completely destroyed would suck. But i have to agree with the OP maybe atleast an open pool option to matchmake with all skills along with the skill based matchmaking would be cool. In all honesty though the OP could just goof off against elite players if he wanted to, but may be worring about stats.

> in life you learn from experience. Bad kids playing bad kids all day will only result in bad kids who think they are good, but actually arn’t.

So, you say you spent past Halos playing bad kids all day…

OP does not represent competitive players.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not engage users who are trolling.

OP does not represent competitive players, OP is a scrub who likes to pick on noobs to feel better about himself.

I find that this whole True Skill thing is really working well, I’m still dying (it happens A LOT!) but I’m finding myself coming up against guys that I can compete with rather than being completely overmatched, 343 have done a good job with this.