Why are XP/RP boosts consumed as a game starts?

Sometimes you will play Warzone and use legendary REQ’s or just be playing in Arena and use XP or RP boosts, it consumes them as soon as the game starts opposed to when the game ends. This means if for whatever reason if the servers crash or something on 343’s end happens, you lose your legendary and it is quite frustrating because these can be tedious to acquire.

To the people who say “you can just quit and save them if you have a bad game then!”…It’s simple, if the person quits the match, then they lose anything they may have used, that’s how it works anyways…you have to complete a game for the stats to be applied.

Thoughts?

Completely agree!

It’s also quite annoying when you use a gambit: victory boost only to be put in a game in progress on a team that is 500 points down.

The are consumed at the end of the game. If the server crashes or you decide to leave it is the end of the game for you. Once the game starts you cannot change your wager, for obvious reasons.

Yeah I lost an Ultra Rare Warzone RP Boost last night because of… a power cut. No joke. Also really hate it when you use very rare boosts and it puts you on the losing side of an in progress match normally one that is about to finish, this is also the reason I sell every single gambit boost I get. Its the only thing I could say I “hate” about Halo 5.

> 2533274814708067;1:
> if the person quits the match, then they lose anything they may have used, that’s how it works anyways…you have to complete a game for the stats to be applied.

If this is how the system works already, why change it?

I don’t even give much thought to boosts. 80% of the time they get wasted. I’ll try to use the one for most assists. Then in game I get destroyed. so it goes bye bye.

One time I activated a rare warzone RP boost (which I rarely ever get), the game started, the screen was still black, Palmer said "initiating Warzone simulation), and then suddenly I was at the main menu!

> 2533274875982754;4:
> The are consumed at the end of the game. If the server crashes or you decide to leave it is the end of the game for you. Once the game starts you cannot change your wager, for obvious reasons.

I don’t believe so. I used a legendary xp boost…the game had host problems and kicked everyone out. I checked my boost and it was gone. Can you provide proof?

Because of quitters.

It really should be consumed at the end of the match, with the exception of people who specifically leave early.

Making a game that can tell the distinction between someone leaving and someone being kicked by servers is not easy. The program would have to run through all the feedback of people leaving. You got different internet providers, different countries with different setups for internet, Wi-Fi users. Looking through every leaver/disconnect and finding out whether or not data stopped sending from their end or if it stopped sending to is a lot of work.

Besides, all you have to do is unplug your router to disconnect your Wi-Fi while playing the game and it won’t be able to tell if it was on their end or yours. Shutting off your Xbox, holding down the power button, unplugging the Xbox… that would all show up under your fault. Disconnecting from Wi-Fi would make that extremely hard to tell the difference. Then you could put on a Gambit and if the team you’re playing is better you could DC your Wi-Fi and get your boost back. That’s not good. Especially if we’re already having problems with leavers, we need more reasons for them to stay in.

Not saying you’re wrong or anything, you’re mind is in the right place but programming has its limitations.

> 2533274864139918;12:
> Making a game that can tell the distinction between someone leaving and someone being kicked by servers is not easy. The program would have to run through all the feedback of people leaving. You got different internet providers, different countries with different setups for internet, Wi-Fi users. Looking through every leaver/disconnect and finding out whether or not data stopped sending from their end or if it stopped sending to is a lot of work.
>
> Besides, all you have to do is unplug your router to disconnect your Wi-Fi while playing the game and it won’t be able to tell if it was on their end or yours. Shutting off your Xbox, holding down the power button, unplugging the Xbox… that would all show up under your fault. Disconnecting from Wi-Fi would make that extremely hard to tell the difference. Then you could put on a Gambit and if the team you’re playing is better you could DC your Wi-Fi and get your boost back. That’s not good. Especially if we’re already having problems with leavers, we need more reasons for them to stay in.
>
> Not saying you’re wrong or anything, you’re mind is in the right place but programming has its limitations.

First of all good post. Thank you for explaining yourself. Yes the problem with quitters is very bad but those people do get punished for that. Also, intentional dc or uncontrollable dc, if you dc enough you will get banned by the system. All the system wants you to do is not leave. Excessive dc’ing is punishable with a ban. Trying to cheat the system by turning your wifi off is against the rules. Trust me, they know. That’s why when people were exploiting a credit bug in Reach by turning their wi-fi off, they all got rolled back to level one and got all their earnings rerolled to 0.

Not saying you are wrong, I’m just saying it’s not hard for 343 to find who is exploiting the system.

> 2533274882108474;3:
> It’s also quite annoying when you use a gambit: victory boost only to be put in a game in progress on a team that is 500 points down.

that’s the one thing i ‘liked’ about BO3 (albeit i dislike the game).

no matter where the game is when you enter (win or lose) you don’t receive marks for games joined in progress.