Why are we still seeing Chief wearing a cloak?

Everyones probably knows by now that Master Chiefs cloak was just a hype. But if that were the case, how come 343 insists on giving us these images? I refer to Halo 5’s trailers, loading screen with chief wearing a cloak, and achievements like “My Rules”.

Why are we still being shown all these images of Chief wearing a cloak if it never even happened in the game, or the “not-limited-to-trilogy” story.

It doesn’t make any sense. If you have an explanation please comment.

Why do you think the Star Wars movie is called “The Force Awakens”? The legendary Jedi Master Chief is making his journey to Luke Skywalker to the Jedi Temple of Yavin.

Because it’s marketing.

Just because it wasn’t in the game doesn’t mean they can’t use it. We’d never see concept art, or have past projects incorporated into new games.

Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).

> 2533274907934539;3:
> Because it’s marketing.
>
> Just because it wasn’t in the game doesn’t mean they can’t use it. We’d never see concept art, or have past projects incorporated into new games.

Its kind of a mild form of mis-advertisment. This is content and product alluded to in ALL the marketing and VR games yet was never intended for the final product. Hell even a halo channsl trailer descibed it as the best hunty hunting across the hunty hunterverse. No this is take with a pinch of salt as it was obviously a joke but still, it makes you wonder how much 343 have theirs heads in the clouds.

Not that I dont like 343, Halo 5 or the campaign, I was just a little underwhelmed. All the man hunt hype killed my opinion.

> 2533274794373199;4:
> Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).

Halo 3 trailer, showed the Portal the ark. In-game.
ODST trailer showed New Mombasa (destroyed). I’m-game.
Halo 4 trailer showed Requiem and hinted of Forerunners. In-game.
Halo 5: Guardians trailer shows guardians. In-game… but not all that cloak business.

My question is not “why is Chief wearing it”, but rather “why is he in much of the concept art?” EDIT: and why is 343 Guilty spark rubbing it in Chiefs visor?

It should be armor.

> 2535414369351666;6:
> > 2533274794373199;4:
> > Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).
>
>
> Halo 3 trailer, showed the Portal the ark. In-game.
> ODST trailer showed New Mombasa (destroyed). I’m-game.
> Halo 4 trailer showed Requiem and hinted of Forerunners. In-game.
> Halo 5: Guardians trailer shows guardians. In-game… but not all that cloak business.
>
> My question is not “why is Chief wearing it”, but rather “why is he in much of the concept art?” EDIT: and why is 343 Guilty spark rubbing it in Chiefs visor?

The cloak was meant as a cloak you know. Like how they portrait that the MC was going rogue? He was hiding from ONI finding him, (not like a 8 foot spartan won’t be noticed) It wasn’t meant to be something that he would wear ingame.

And to reply to you, I didn’t mean show anything about the game. I meant that trailers never showed ingame footage, like actually clips from people playing the game. The trailers have always been CGI based to have more graphical detail instead of showing off ingame footage.

> 2533274794373199;8:
> > 2535414369351666;6:
> > > 2533274794373199;4:
> > > Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).
> >
> >
> > Halo 3 trailer, showed the Portal the ark. In-game.
> > ODST trailer showed New Mombasa (destroyed). I’m-game.
> > Halo 4 trailer showed Requiem and hinted of Forerunners. In-game.
> > Halo 5: Guardians trailer shows guardians. In-game… but not all that cloak business.
> >
> > My question is not “why is Chief wearing it”, but rather “why is he in much of the concept art?” EDIT: and why is 343 Guilty spark rubbing it in Chiefs visor?
>
>
> The cloak was meant as a cloak you know. Like how they portrait that the MC was going rogue? He was hiding from ONI finding him, (not like a 8 foot spartan won’t be noticed) It wasn’t meant to be something that he would wear ingame.
>
> And to reply to you, I didn’t mean show anything about the game. I meant that trailers never showed ingame footage, like actually clips from people playing the game. The trailers have always been CGI based to have more graphical detail instead of showing off ingame footage.

It’s not just the trailers, it’s even in the artwork of the achievements and loading screens. And what you say is true, where is the evidence that suggests he was trying to hide? It can be seen for him as being rogue by blaming him for the Guardian attack on Meridia, but that was an outer colony.

> 2533274794373199;8:
> > 2535414369351666;6:
> > > 2533274794373199;4:
> > > Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).
> >
> >
> > Halo 3 trailer, showed the Portal the ark. In-game.
> > ODST trailer showed New Mombasa (destroyed). I’m-game.
> > Halo 4 trailer showed Requiem and hinted of Forerunners. In-game.
> > Halo 5: Guardians trailer shows guardians. In-game… but not all that cloak business.
> >
> > My question is not “why is Chief wearing it”, but rather “why is he in much of the concept art?” EDIT: and why is 343 Guilty spark rubbing it in Chiefs visor?
>
>
> The cloak was meant as a cloak you know. Like how they portrait that the MC was going rogue? He was hiding from ONI finding him, (not like a 8 foot spartan won’t be noticed) It wasn’t meant to be something that he would wear ingame.
>
> And to reply to you, I didn’t mean show anything about the game. I meant that trailers never showed ingame footage, like actually clips from people playing the game. The trailers have always been CGI based to have more graphical detail instead of showing off ingame footage.

So what if trailers are CGI, they can still be true to the game. Mass effect, previous Halos etc lots of games have CGI trailers. Imagine halo wars in game footage as a trailer. It wouldnt work. Your point is invaild.

> 2535414369351666;9:
> > 2533274794373199;8:
> > > 2535414369351666;6:
> > > > 2533274794373199;4:
> > > > Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).
> > >
> > >
> > > Halo 3 trailer, showed the Portal the ark. In-game.
> > > ODST trailer showed New Mombasa (destroyed). I’m-game.
> > > Halo 4 trailer showed Requiem and hinted of Forerunners. In-game.
> > > Halo 5: Guardians trailer shows guardians. In-game… but not all that cloak business.
> > >
> > > My question is not “why is Chief wearing it”, but rather “why is he in much of the concept art?” EDIT: and why is 343 Guilty spark rubbing it in Chiefs visor?
> >
> >
> > The cloak was meant as a cloak you know. Like how they portrait that the MC was going rogue? He was hiding from ONI finding him, (not like a 8 foot spartan won’t be noticed) It wasn’t meant to be something that he would wear ingame.
> >
> > And to reply to you, I didn’t mean show anything about the game. I meant that trailers never showed ingame footage, like actually clips from people playing the game. The trailers have always been CGI based to have more graphical detail instead of showing off ingame footage.
>
>
> It’s not just the trailers, it’s even in the artwork of the achievements and loading screens. And what you say is true, where is the evidence that suggests he was trying to hide? It can be seen for him as being rogue by blaming him for the Guardian attack on Meridia, but that was an outer colony.

All of the ‘Hunt the Truth’’ Mentioned that the Master Chief was KIA (Killed in action), going rogue, disobeying orders etc. You even see it in the game SPOILER
Where master chief disobeyed orders from the Infinity to not follow Cortana as he was emotionally unstable to handle her at this time. (which is why they gave command to Locke to chase down Master chief and bringing him back). So you could state that he was hiding by using that cloak.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

> 2533274794373199;11:
> > 2535414369351666;9:
> > > 2533274794373199;8:
> > > > 2535414369351666;6:
> > > > > 2533274794373199;4:
> > > > > Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Halo 3 trailer, showed the Portal the ark. In-game.
> > > > ODST trailer showed New Mombasa (destroyed). I’m-game.
> > > > Halo 4 trailer showed Requiem and hinted of Forerunners. In-game.
> > > > Halo 5: Guardians trailer shows guardians. In-game… but not all that cloak business.
> > > >
> > > > My question is not “why is Chief wearing it”, but rather “why is he in much of the concept art?” EDIT: and why is 343 Guilty spark rubbing it in Chiefs visor?
> > >
> > >
> > > The cloak was meant as a cloak you know. Like how they portrait that the MC was going rogue? He was hiding from ONI finding him, (not like a 8 foot spartan won’t be noticed) It wasn’t meant to be something that he would wear ingame.
> > >
> > > And to reply to you, I didn’t mean show anything about the game. I meant that trailers never showed ingame footage, like actually clips from people playing the game. The trailers have always been CGI based to have more graphical detail instead of showing off ingame footage.
> >
> >
> > It’s not just the trailers, it’s even in the artwork of the achievements and loading screens. And what you say is true, where is the evidence that suggests he was trying to hide? It can be seen for him as being rogue by blaming him for the Guardian attack on Meridia, but that was an outer colony.
>
>
> All of the ‘Hunt the Truth’’ Mentioned that the Master Chief was KIA (Killed in action), going rogue, disobeying orders etc. You even see it in the game SPOILER
> Where master chief disobeyed orders from the Infinity to not follow Cortana as he was emotionally unstable to handle her at this time. (which is why they gave command to Locke to chase down Master chief and bringing him back). So you could state that he was hiding by using that cloak.
>
> Just my 2 cents opinion.

The cryptic message from Cortana didn’t make a lot of sense. That scenario could’ve been turned into a whole level. Even where Chief faints, end mission.

> 2535414369351666;12:
> > 2533274794373199;11:
> > > 2535414369351666;9:
> > > > 2533274794373199;8:
> > > > > 2535414369351666;6:
> > > > > > 2533274794373199;4:
> > > > > > Dude, not a single Halo campaign add has been the same as ingame. Ofcourse the trailers are CGI based and not anything gameplay related. I still have a feeling that the E3 trailer has something to do with Halo 6 (MC cracked visor etc).
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 3 trailer, showed the Portal the ark. In-game.
> > > > > ODST trailer showed New Mombasa (destroyed). I’m-game.
> > > > > Halo 4 trailer showed Requiem and hinted of Forerunners. In-game.
> > > > > Halo 5: Guardians trailer shows guardians. In-game… but not all that cloak business.
> > > > >
> > > > > My question is not “why is Chief wearing it”, but rather “why is he in much of the concept art?” EDIT: and why is 343 Guilty spark rubbing it in Chiefs visor?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The cloak was meant as a cloak you know. Like how they portrait that the MC was going rogue? He was hiding from ONI finding him, (not like a 8 foot spartan won’t be noticed) It wasn’t meant to be something that he would wear ingame.
> > > >
> > > > And to reply to you, I didn’t mean show anything about the game. I meant that trailers never showed ingame footage, like actually clips from people playing the game. The trailers have always been CGI based to have more graphical detail instead of showing off ingame footage.
> > >
> > >
> > > It’s not just the trailers, it’s even in the artwork of the achievements and loading screens. And what you say is true, where is the evidence that suggests he was trying to hide? It can be seen for him as being rogue by blaming him for the Guardian attack on Meridia, but that was an outer colony.
> >
> >
> > All of the ‘Hunt the Truth’’ Mentioned that the Master Chief was KIA (Killed in action), going rogue, disobeying orders etc. You even see it in the game SPOILER
> > Where master chief disobeyed orders from the Infinity to not follow Cortana as he was emotionally unstable to handle her at this time. (which is why they gave command to Locke to chase down Master chief and bringing him back). So you could state that he was hiding by using that cloak.
> >
> > Just my 2 cents opinion.
>
>
> The cryptic message from Cortana didn’t make a lot of sense. That scenario could’ve been turned into a whole level. Even where Chief faints, end mission.

Don’t get me started on the campaign. I loved to play it, but they could’ve done so much more. I’m just seeing it as a huge setup for Halo 6, which should hopefully be HUGE.

It’s for Halo 6.