why are we not shot out of scope?

i can learn to deal with all of the new stuff 343 added over time but i dont think ill ever get used to this feature.

this is my only major dislike about H4 i mean i had great aim in h2, h3, and reach but now the skill that took me years to perfect, is gone in this game.

not getting shot out of scope ruins most of the bigger maps like ragnarok seriously that map wasnt made for the DMR the insane range and kill times + fast respawns + not getting shot out of scope make pushing for a flag near impossible.

this has caused the majority of my friends whom i was excited to find out were returning to halo after giving up on reach stopped playing this game too.

im probably gonna stop playing as well if changes dont occur soon i hope 343 is listening to the community because i heard the population is dropping and i really feel like this game has potential, it really is amazing.

and i could extend more on this issue but im typing on my 360 and its sort of a hassle to write out everything but im sure thousands of people understand how much of a pain this feature about the game is just by their experience in game.

id love to hear your opinions.

yeah, i would like de-zooming back too, but they added FLINCH instead (if you’re scoping, your reticle moves upwards if you get shot).

if they add dezooming back, it would fix DMR imo.

Getting shot out of scope is frustrating as heck, especially when you’re trying to scope back in to return fire. I like it because it eliminates the need to shoot first. Do wish snipers would flinch just a touch more, though.

The whole “not un-scoping when being shot” thing was suppose to be a perk of a specialization. I guess they felt it would’ve been too dominate of a perk so they gave it to everyone.

I miss the way it used to work, but I’ll adapt to this new way.

Honestly i understand where you are coming from, but these are the changes the people expect as a franchise goes on, especially if the ownership has changed hands. I don’t think that they will change this, which can be a good thing as it might leave us open to new ideas for halo 5 and 6.

I haven’t had too much trouble adapting this mechanic to my player skill. Don’t know why it was changed since being sent out of scope has a similar effect of flinching but whatever.

My only gripe is that Snipers don’t flinch enough when hit. I swear, i don’t even have Stability yet and it feels as though my flinches are already reduced without it. That’s just me though, i could be wrong.

Now getting hit by the sniper when scoped? Holy -Yoink-, dat scope climb.

Gets sniped

FUUUUU-

Spawns

Shoots sniper with DMR 3 times

Gets sniped again because they weren’t knocked out of scope

FFFFUUUUUUU-

Tries to sneak past them

Either gets sniped by them again or gets killed by the mantis

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Tries to kill them with warthog

Sniper kills warthog in 4-5 shots

OH MY GOD ARE YOU -Yoinking!- KIDDING ME?!?

Tries to sneak past them with camo

Camo runs out before I’ve even made it a quarter of the way through the map

Gets sniped

Sits in base hoping random ordnance gives me a sniper to kill the sniper

Gets sticky detonator

Rage quit

(In case you haven’t noticed, this thread has my full support)

Well…I feel like a -Yoink- ive wanted this since i started halo

Yes, because 1) being able to out-snipe a Sniper is totally balanced, 2) whoever shoots first wins is not fun or fair.

Seriously, being killed in a long range duel because you couldn’t catch a break to re-scope was all kinds of bull in Reach. I’m glad it’s gone.

It’s not like the new method doesn’t have it’s downside. Now, in close range, you don’t de-scope if someone starts shooting you with an AR, meaning you have to waste precious seconds de-scoping and trying to turn and face them.
It makes you better able to fight at long range and better able to die up close. Fair trade off I say.

> Getting shot out of scope is frustrating as heck, especially when you’re trying to scope back in to return fire. I like it because it eliminates the need to shoot first. Do wish snipers would flinch just a touch more, though.

I understand what youre saying but from what ive seen the person who shoots first always wins mid-long range fights where as in other halos the person with the better aim will win as its supposed to be.

flinch is extremely easy to adjust too it really makes no difference in long range fights.

This is a strange topic because there is no real solution to the problem

Maybe make the no-zoom-out-when-shot a support mod or something

Or perhaps only some weapons should get zoomed out when shot (Like the Snipers and perhaps DMR)

I disliked it too, takes away the challenge in long-distance battles (in any battle actually).

> I disliked it too, takes away the challenge in long-distance battles (in any battle actually).

Uh, yeah, right, because it’s totally challenging being killed by some git halfway across the map with no ability to fight back whatsoever because you can’t scope in to shoot him accurately.

/facepalm

It is one of the changes that at first I wasn’t to concerned about but now I realize what it meant to the game and skill gap. I know people here hate the term skill gap getting thrown around but honestly it was a skill to be able to win a DMR/Sniper battle when you were constantly being knocked out of scope. It was the decision to try and zoom back in, quick scope or go un-scoped. I miss that a lot.

I also think it would calm a lot of the complaints about the DMR being OP. It wouldnt be nearly as OP if winging a few br shots in their direction was able to keep them out of scope.

> This is a strange topic because there is no real solution to the problem
>
> Maybe make the no-zoom-out-when-shot a support mod or something
>
> Or perhaps only some weapons should get zoomed out when shot (Like the Snipers and perhaps DMR)

nah, then it would be a necessary mod to use, and I like using dexterity (which is somewhat already a necessary mod lol)

> > I disliked it too, takes away the challenge in long-distance battles (in any battle actually).
>
> Uh, yeah, right, because it’s totally challenging being killed by some git halfway across the map with no ability to fight back whatsoever because you can’t scope in to shoot him accurately.
>
> /facepalm

why the facepalm? He is 100% right. If you put yourself in a place where someone can 5 shot you and you don’t have time to get to cover or fight back… you made a mistake. I don’t understand this mentality in video games now where players feel they should never not have a chance to fight back… If you make a silly decision like going out in the open exposed to a long range 5 shot… you should be punished for doing so.

IMO its what separates great players from decent players. Knowing where your enemies are and where you should and shouldn’t be is a skill.

Flinch is just another stupid mechanic that breaks games and exists only to introduce randomness.

Descoping was good. It prevented Snipers from becoming insanely over powered and made long range combat skillful.

Now, using a Sniper is basically getting free kills and range combat is PURELY who shoots who first. In the past you could easily turn the tide at range by quick scoping and either winning or forcing the player back. Now, you have no choice but to back down because of how ludicrously easy it now is to hit every shot at long range.

> Yes, because 1) being able to out-snipe a Sniper is totally balanced, 2) whoever shoots first wins is not fun or fair.
>
> Seriously, being killed in a long range duel because you couldn’t catch a break to re-scope was all kinds of bull in Reach. I’m glad it’s gone.
>
> It’s not like the new method doesn’t have it’s downside. Now, in close range, you don’t de-scope if someone starts shooting you with an AR, meaning you have to waste precious seconds de-scoping and trying to turn and face them.
> It makes you better able to fight at long range and better able to die up close. Fair trade off I say.

well i really only use the BR so i dont know what out sniping a sniper feels like :stuck_out_tongue: but again the person who shoots you first on a map like ragnarok will win because they dont get descoped and they already have a shot on you, you know?

well in reach if you moved around the map and expected to not get shot at, out in the open obviously the long range battles wouldnt end in your favor you had to move around the map with cover around you and play smart in those long range fights to stay alive

well if someone starts ARing you while being in scope they were probably sneaking up on you or you just werent being aware and they deserve to kill you for that.

it took me a while to type that and now i see some people feel/think the same way i do.

I barely notice the flinch, it balances nothing. The way it was in past games was very good. I just don’t get why they changed something that worked perfectly fine.

> I barely notice the flinch, it balances nothing. The way it was in past games was very good. I just don’t get why they changed something that worked perfectly fine.

343 logic.