Why are there no shade turrets?

I can’t recall seeing a single shade turret on any map in halo 4. Why is this? The shade turret is awesome man I would jump in that thing and control it all game.

Seriously that would be such a great power weapon for teams to fight over, I hope they add a few shade turrets to some maps. What about you?

I think the operator would just be too exposed.

> I can’t recall seeing a single shade turret on any map in halo 4. Why is this? The shade turret is awesome man I would jump in that thing and control it all game.
>
> Seriously that would be such a great power weapon for teams to fight over, I hope they add a few shade turrets to some maps. What about you?

They added 4 shade turrets on Longbow. All 4 were located on the top of the middle base.

All of them were crap.

They take too long to kill a player, and plasma grenades can easily destroy the turrets and anyone who were interested in trying it.

You really don’t want to be in one. Not in its current state. Due to that, 343 quickly removed them. I vote no until 343 buffs them.

Shade Turrets would be nice on matchmaking maps.

> >
>
> They added 4 shade turrets on Longbow. All 4 were located on the top of the middle base.
>
> All of them were crap.
>
> They take too long to kill a player, and plasma grenades can easily destroy the turrets and anyone who were interested in trying it.
>
> You really don’t want to be in one. Not in its current state. Due to that, 343 quickly removed them. I vote no until 343 buffs them.

Ahh well I didn’t make it too clear but I’m thinking add some to most 4v4 maps. No vehicals to blast them, less players shooting at them, and they would simply have a stronger presence.

That’s what I want I’d be in that turret all game. That would be great.

They’re bad…

Any type of stationary turret in Matchmaking will always be useless because of the lack of cover. That’s why the only turrets in Matchmaking are the human turrets and Plasma Cannons, both of which can be detached.

If you can’t move with the turret you’re a sitting duck. The amount of easy kills I get cause people don’t detach, is actually quite laughable…

Its slow kill time along with its ineffectiveness against vehicles, and the fact that 90% of the Populace goes around holding the Plasma Grenade/ Plasma Pistol lodaout, means that getting into a shade turret would get you a faster death than getting into a warthog.

> > >
> >
> > They added 4 shade turrets on Longbow. All 4 were located on the top of the middle base.
> >
> > All of them were crap.
> >
> > They take too long to kill a player, and plasma grenades can easily destroy the turrets and anyone who were interested in trying it.
> >
> > You really don’t want to be in one. Not in its current state. Due to that, 343 quickly removed them. I vote no until 343 buffs them.
>
> Ahh well I didn’t make it too clear but I’m thinking add some to most 4v4 maps. No vehicals to blast them, less players shooting at them, and they would simply have a stronger presence.
>
> That’s what I want I’d be in that turret all game. That would be great.

Still doesn’t change that you will be a sitting duck, do hardly any damage for the situation you would be in, and be open to all sorts of damage, including Headshots, Plasma Grenades, Pulse Grenades, and so on.

That, and your bullets that you fire from them are almost as slow as a Suppressor bullet. You’ll quickly change your mind. Just saying.

As much as I want to use Shade turrets, reminiscing from back in Halo 1 of the Truth and Reconciliation level where you can use shade turrets to wipe out waves of Covies as they try to prevent you from boarding their ship, they’re just not good for all the cons you are putting yourself into just by jumping into one of them in this game.

Would they be awesome? Sure. But not in the way they are now. Their bullets are too slow, the damage is too low, and the risk is too high for use. It’s only there just to look at and look cool sitting in one. It sucks. :frowning:

> They’re bad…

Not really… They would serve a nice purpose on matchmaking.

I’m baffled. I thought the shade turret was a highly sought power weapon.

> I’m baffled. I thought the shade turret was a highly sought power weapon.

Me too ):

> They’re bad…

Depends on how you use them.

> > They’re bad…
>
> Depends on how you use them.

Depends on:
If against AI enemies with bad aim, they’re good.
If against enemy Spartan players who are equipped with shields and non-CQC weapons, they’re bad.

> I’m baffled. I thought the shade turret was a highly sought power weapon.

Well, it should be but unfortunately you will likely get more kills with a plasma pistol than with that thing.
It has a slow kill time, a slow rotation, quite limited operation field, the operator is highly exposed and if all that is not worse enough it is even stationary.

> > > They’re bad…
> >
> > Depends on how you use them.
>
> Depends on:
> If against AI enemies with bad aim, they’re good.
> If against enemy Spartan players who are equipped with shields and non-CQC weapons, they’re bad.

Arent they like a Plasma rifle kinda ? they seem to be mostly good at close range than far away.

> > >
> >
> > They added 4 shade turrets on Longbow. All 4 were located on the top of the middle base.
> >
> > All of them were crap.
> >
> > They take too long to kill a player, and plasma grenades can easily destroy the turrets and anyone who were interested in trying it.
> >
> > You really don’t want to be in one. Not in its current state. Due to that, 343 quickly removed them. I vote no until 343 buffs them.
>
> Ahh well I didn’t make it too clear but I’m thinking add some to most 4v4 maps. No vehicals to blast them, less players shooting at them, and they would simply have a stronger presence.
>
> That’s what I want I’d be in that turret all game. That would be great.

Yeah great idea… Shade Turrets in TS…

Haven: We could put one on Mohawk
Solace: Replace the Fuel Rod
Adrift: Stick one in each attic
Opus: Bottom Mid
Dispatch: On flag

Yeah in 4v4, ridicules idea. Not only is there nowhere to put them but they are completely out of place.

they should add the anti-cannon from Halo Reach, that’d be useful

Shade turrets have never natively appeared on any map in any Halo game outside of the PC version of Halo CE, despite the option to include it being there in all the games (with the possible exception of Halo 3? I cant remember if it was in the Forge Objects or not, but I don’t remember ever seeing them forged in)

For the most part I’m fairly certain this is because it is always INCREDIBLY weak for some silly reason.