Why are there no colors in Halo 5?

I’m a person who likes to color their Spartan I liked the multitude of colors that were offered in every single Halo prior and i’m wondering where they went. It feels like they removed 60% of the colors and replaced them with very dull colors that don’t work well together, and armors that come with a color pre-embedded into them. I would like to know if anyone shares this opinion or if I have suddenly become colorblind.

There’s been a lot of complaints about the colors before, totally. I don’t like them that much either, but I’m not so sure it’s something that’s going to change. It’s something I definitely hope they take into consideration for Halo 6, though.

Dear 343,

Why did you -Yoink- my life?

-XanthousChaos

Seriously though, the customization in this game is REALLY crap, which is weird considering they did such a amazing job with the gameplay. I feel like they messed up the easy part. The white that they force you to have on some armors is atrocious and it really just makes some armors not usable in my opinion (Locus is really terrible now.)

Some armors also do this weird thing where they auto darken the shade, usually for the secondary color. It’s odd.

I really see no point in the colors of your spartan, except for FFA. Unless they bring a mode similar to firefight, there would be no point in having a lot of colors. I didn’t even know there were a lot more colors in previous games. LOL.

Armor looks like it’s clay, and not metallic.

It should look metallic and shiny.

343 why

sage/olive drab needs to return. It was in the beta…I don’t know why it didn’t make the final cut.

> 2533274831364893;8:
> sage/olive drab needs to return. It was in the beta…I don’t know why it didn’t make the final cut.

Because they’re stupid and don’t really listen. They just give us what we want to hear when we start to doubt them… that’s what I’ve seen at least.

Some armor design look like wearing a life jacket, lol

I think the colors could be a lot better too. It’s like they are really pastel on your armor or plastic like, how 343i seems to make everything. Nobody likes the dull plastic/polymer look of H4/H5, yet 343 keeps doing it.

I think they should add more colors to Halo 5. I always find my spartan looking pretty dull. I am always for a darker Master Chief-esque green.

The stages now are very colorful so they must’ve tested which colors are easier to see and this is what we got…

I doubt they tested which colours were the most visible on maps. Most of the time were seeing red vs blue and blue has the advantage on 90% of maps blending in the easiest. Free for all is just a mess, with -Yoink- map rotation and terrible spawning, so colours don’t matter.

I agree however that the armor looks too muddy like clay. I think if they made it too shiny and metallic all spartans would look like they were fresh off of the assembly line like new cars

the colours don’y really bother me! I like everyone else have edited my avatar but for in game thats only used for Free-for-all and as i mainly play team games am either gonna be red or blue.

I know its a historical thing that the teams have always been red or blue but d’ya think more colours should be added to team games? Just a thought!

> 2533274869008839;1:
> armors that come with a color pre-embedded into them. I would like to know if anyone shares this opinion or if I have suddenly become colorblind.

Seriously, what the hell? What genius thought well whoever wants this armor will most likely choose this color, so let’s just make it permanent.

> 2533274805762526;5:
> Some armors also do this weird thing where they auto darken the shade, usually for the secondary color. It’s odd.

Yeah, there’s a MK VI that does that. Why give us an option to choose the color if your just going to change it anyhow?

> 2533274831364893;8:
> sage/olive drab needs to return. It was in the beta…I don’t know why it didn’t make the final cut.

Got linked to some interview with the guy who makes the decisions about our color options. Basically, he doesn’t like dark/drab colors so none of us can use them now. Selfish much? He was also wearing some brightly colored shirt/tie combo or something (iirc, saw it a while ago) so, go figure.

I too dislike the new colour system, more so for emblems than armour, however I can live with it.

I want my pink shirt back!!!
Sorry, couldn’t resist. Watched that movie last night.

Yeah, they need more colors. There aren’t even shades of red other than “Sarge” anymore.

I once saw my Spartans head cave in it was really weird and kind of gory even though there was no blood

> 2533274811205481;10:
> Some armor design look like wearing a life jacket, lol

He’s looking at you Seeker Intrepid armor.