Why are the new elites so ugly

I’m just wondering why the new elites in halo 4 are so ugly ? I know there a rogue fraction of the covenant who want to eradicate all mankind and still believe in the great journey and that they are also less equipped then the original elites but why are they so ugly?

In Halo I always used to like the Elite’s , I thought they looked really awesome and a cool looking alien . But in Halo 4 they are just disgusting and awful to look at .

Halo 3 Elite , What I think looks awesome and badass : http://www.digitalmonkeybox.com/Hl3S3Elit.jpg

What we have in Halo 4 : http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30500000/Halo-4-Elite-halo-30585551-1349-1920.jpg

It’s not just the Elite’s that have been made to look ugly its the other covenant enemy’s . The covenant used to look really cool and awesome and the flood used to look disgusting now all the covenant look ugly to . I’m really disappointed with the covenant in this game . The Promethean look cool then there’s just the covenant.

Why did you ruin them 343??? :’(

Holy ****! I didn’t realise how ugly they were…

The old Elite looks badass.

I miss Halo 3.

Halo 3 Elites: The full force of the covenant army.

Halo 4: Pirates/zealots who no longer have engineers to maintain their gear, hence why they look all like they are in a crap state.

if you were to see the Arbiter side of the elites, they SHOULD look a lot more like the ones we’re familiar with. (haven’t finished Glasslands so no spoilers about it please)

> Halo 3 Elites: The full force of the covenant army.
>
> Halo 4: Pirates/zealots who no longer have engineers to maintain their gear, hence why they look all like they are in a crap state.
>
> if you were to see the Arbiter side of the elites, they SHOULD look a lot more like the ones we’re familiar with. (haven’t finished Glasslands so no spoilers about it please)

I’m just sad thats all the halo 3 elites were perfection to me every detail looked stunning , Halo 4 elites kinda taken away the beauty of Halo and the covenant

> I’m just sad thats all the halo 3 elites were perfection to me every detail looked stunning , Halo 4 elites kinda taken away the beauty of Halo and the covenant

I wasn’t a huge fan of the elites in Halo 3, thought they looked too comical, the Elites in 2 were awesome. Really liked the way they looked in REACH though, The Officer has been my favourite looking elite.

> Halo 3 Elites: The full force of the covenant army.
>
> Halo 4: Pirates/zealots who no longer have engineers to maintain their gear, hence why they look all like they are in a crap state.
>
> if you were to see the Arbiter side of the elites, they SHOULD look a lot more like the ones we’re familiar with. (haven’t finished Glasslands so no spoilers about it please)

Halo 3 Elites were working off maybe a 1/10 of their full force and had stolen ships they got from the Civil War. Halo 2 Elites were the full force…and they looked a lot better then in any other Halo

> > I’m just sad thats all the halo 3 elites were perfection to me every detail looked stunning , Halo 4 elites kinda taken away the beauty of Halo and the covenant
>
> I wasn’t a huge fan of the elites in Halo 3, thought they looked too comical, the Elites in 2 were awesome. Really liked the way they looked in REACH though, The Officer has been my favourite looking elite.

Yh I agree the reach elite’s didnt look bad , infact i thought they looked quite good and that elite you posted does look awesome , but i dont know why the elite minor will always be my favourite.

> Halo 3 Elites were working off maybe a 1/10 of their full force and had stolen ships they got from the Civil War. Halo 2 Elites were the full force…and they looked a lot better then in any other Halo

I meant more the fact that a couple months prior to it that they were the army the covvies had. There hadn’t been any real time to change anything for them, where as with Halo 4 being set so far ahead, they can have a cosmetic change.

One thing I’ve never understood is how they have gotten so tall. In REACH I can see it because III’s weren’t as too as the Chief. But in 4 they are massive.

If you look at this chart you can really see that there wasn’t that much height between a spartan and an elite.

Holy Yoink! I never realized how awesomely badass they looked in 3 until I compared both of the pictures together.

I miss this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrHfdkY2V1M

Halo 3 comes along - people say they look like dinosaurs and hatred ensues.

Reach comes along - people generally like the change, probably the one thing most people agreed that bungie did right.

Halo 4 comes along - all the fans get on the forums to spew their unresolved sexual frustration towards elites.

The Elites in Halo 3 have a shiny black undersuit which is used by most Covenant branches, the Elites in Halo 4 do not, same goes for the Grunts.

> I miss this;
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrHfdkY2V1M

That was so great lol

I think it’s because they wanted them to look more alien and threatening, like what they did in Reach, except far more effective at that task.

Overall, they aren’t that different, it’s just a change of skin texture, sharper teeth, and a more savage facial expression. The core Elite remains intact.

Personally, I want to see the Arbiter return with this style of Elite appearance. It would be epic, and he could have a voice that’s like a cross between his old voice and the new Elite voice. Plus, seeing someone who looks this ugly act dignified, noble, and heroic truly strikes me. I just like seeing that, it’s entertaining. I don’t know why.

Anyway, as for which past Elites looked most dignified, I’d say Halo 3. Halo 2 looked anorexic, and Reach struck me as…well, stupid. They looked stupid.

I still prefer this, at least for having them as enemies. It looks powerful and savage.

> One thing I’ve never understood is how they have gotten so tall. In REACH I can see it because III’s weren’t as too as the Chief. But in 4 they are massive.

Is it not because Halo 4 is basically Reach with better graphics? So the proportions in H4 of the Spartan 4 to Elite is the same as Reach’s Spartan 3 to Elite.

Same as with the Mongoose in Reach and H4 the mongoose looks like it dwarfs the Saprtan.

It isn’t ugly…it’s just much more rounded and flattened armor, rather than the sleeker and far more angular armor in Halo 3.

In other words, 343 chased an ‘artistic’ style which looks like trash to everyone.

I think the Halo 4 Elites look like badass mother yoinks. They look like they’ll kill you as soon as they look at you. Much more scary than past incarnations and I mean that for all the covies in H4. They never looked threatening in past games.

> I think the Halo 4 Elites look like badass mother yoinks. They look like they’ll kill you as soon as they look at you. Much more scary than past incarnations and I mean that for all the covies in H4. They never looked threatening in past games.

Yh they look more threatening but there so damm ugly lol , there hideous. The Halo 4 elites looked like a Elite -Yoink-*d a Brute and They came out