Why are the grenades not being fixed in the TU?

I’m glad there removing bloom and bleed through will also be good as long as they reduce the damage of the melees but I really wish they would nerf the grenades. The grenades are way too powerful in this game and it’s almost just as annoying as bloom. I don’t understand why they were even changed from halo 3. I never heard anybody complain about grenades in halo 2 or 3.

Eh… I don’t mind grenades.

I hope we get a Weapon Damage modifier, if grenades are not included in the options, then there always exists changin the resistance to 110% and all weapons damage to 110%, but what we need is a movement buff, is impossible to strafe withouth bloom, and even harder with 85 bloom

Grenades aren’t broken.

Do you people actually play this game? Halo used to be about killing people with your GUN and actually having to aim it, and using grenades to fish people out of hiding spots when they’re one shot. Now with Reach since the grenades are RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED, people don’t even use their weapons. Just spam left trigger and you’ll get tons of kills. This is a crutch for bad players that needs to be fixed. Bungie made it this way to try and introduce new players to halo, turning their backs on the veteran players.

Think of it this way, how many times in H3 did you see someone with grenades as their tool of destruction? Hardly ever. I see it every 3rd game in Reach. Grenade damage should be cut in half, at the very least.

> Grenades aren’t broken.

Actually they are. Its way too easy for anybody to get easy kills with the grenades. You don’t even have to have throw the grenade that close to the person to get the kill because the blast radius is so big. The grenades in halo 3 were fine and they should of never been changed. The way it is now must be just to make the game more noob friendly.

There is a very simple fix to grenades. Increase movement speed and acceleration, so we can actually move out of the grenade’s way.

I’ve played zero bloom with increased speed and jump in a custom games, and grenades weren’t a problem

Increasing movement speed won’t be enough. The nades have 10 times the blast radius as halo 3 nades. They require no aiming. People just toss and pray. Go play halo 3 and watch how bad you are with nades since you are used to not aiming.

grenades? we dont have grenades. where have you been bro?

they are MINI NUKES. dont kid yourself, or mislead people. no more using the word ‘grenade’ to describe the mini nukes we have in reach.

lolz.

> grenades? we dont have grenades. where have you been bro?
>
> they are MINI NUKES. dont kid yourself, or mislead people. no more using the word ‘grenade’ to describe the mini nukes we have in reach.
>
> lolz.

exactly. the biggest problem I have with the grenades is how high the damage is at the edge of the blast radius. halo 3 grenades were perfect.

> There is a very simple fix to grenades. Increase movement speed and acceleration, so we can actually move out of the grenade’s way.
>
> I’ve played zero bloom with increased speed and jump in a custom games, and grenades weren’t a problem

This x1000

Movement and aim acceleration are the noobiest aspects of reach that we currently can’t get rid of without 343’s help.

> > grenades? we dont have grenades. where have you been bro?
> >
> > they are MINI NUKES. dont kid yourself, or mislead people. no more using the word ‘grenade’ to describe the mini nukes we have in reach.
> >
> > lolz.
>
> exactly. the biggest problem I have with the grenades is how high the damage is at the edge of the blast radius. halo 3 grenades were perfect.

and amazingly fast fuse time, and gigantic blast radius, and damage in general. ‘mini nukes’ heh.

> Do you people actually play this game? Halo used to be about killing people with your GUN and actually having to aim it, and using grenades to fish people out of hiding spots when they’re one shot. Now with Reach since the grenades are RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED, people don’t even use their weapons. Just spam left trigger and you’ll get tons of kills. This is a crutch for bad players that needs to be fixed. Bungie made it this way to try and introduce new players to halo, turning their backs on the veteran players.
>
> Think of it this way, how many times in H3 did you see someone with grenades as their tool of destruction? Hardly ever. I see it every 3rd game in Reach. Grenade damage should be cut in half, at the very least.

this

I agree with the OP grenade damage needs to be reduced

> > Grenades aren’t broken.
>
> Actually they are. Its way too easy for anybody to get easy kills with the grenades. You don’t even have to have throw the grenade that close to the person to get the kill because the blast radius is so big. The grenades in halo 3 were fine and they should of never been changed. The way it is now must be just to make the game more noob friendly.

I disagree. Grenades are just fine the way they are. They cant do too much damage, the frag can barely kill a full-shielded person. The range is small enough to strafe away from without taking too much damage to your shields. And even then, you only get 2 of both kinds. In Halo 2 and 3 they were weak as hell. It’s not like they equal the power of the grenades in Halo CE or the Reach Beta when they were tough.

People don’t aim nades on reach. They blindly throw them and still get kills. This is a problem

> Do you people actually play this game? Halo used to be about killing people with your GUN and actually having to aim it, and using grenades to fish people out of hiding spots when they’re one shot. Now with Reach since the grenades are RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED, people don’t even use their weapons. Just spam left trigger and you’ll get tons of kills. This is a crutch for bad players that needs to be fixed. Bungie made it this way to try and introduce new players to halo, turning their backs on the veteran players.
>
> Think of it this way, how many times in H3 did you see someone with grenades as their tool of destruction? Hardly ever. I see it every 3rd game in Reach. Grenade damage should be cut in half, at the very least.

In the Reach I’ve been playing people spam RB for double melee instead.

Just throw nades at the ground and nobody can get close enough to double melee you

> There is a very simple fix to grenades. Increase movement speed and acceleration, so we can actually move out of the grenade’s way.
>
> I’ve played zero bloom with increased speed and jump in a custom games, and grenades weren’t a problem

The armor abillities help get away from them like evade, sprint, and armor lock.
i dont see a problem with the grenades, seriosuly. the grenades seem the very same to H3.

Those aren’t grenades. They portable MINI-NUKES.