Why are Prometheans worse?

Hey, so after Halo 4, with Watchers being able to summon Crawlers and Knights being able to summon Watchers, what happened? Why are most Prometheans now just generic Soldiers with more health than necessary?

Back in Halo 4, there were Knight Lancer’s and Crawler Snipes, what happened to these designs?

Promethean Soldiers were a good idea because more variety is always good, especially if they force you to change strategy on the fly, but why add Soldiers then remove so many other good features and designs?

The only thing I really like about the new Knights is how they mortar your location - forcing you to move around but now they are really slow and quite underwhelming when you compare them to their Halo 4 counterparts.

Another thing, why can’t Knights teleport anymore? It made them terrifying when they popped up behind you after avoiding an incoming rocket.

What went wrong?

> 2533274810001991;1:
> why remove so many other good features?

Because 343.

> 2533274975021613;2:
> > 2533274810001991;1:
> > why remove so many other good features?
>
>
> Because 343.

Pretty much the answer to everything wrong with halo.

Edit: Lol look what I just found.

All Soldiers do is be a pest, they do nothing but tank damage, deal damage faster than a wraith, and can hijack vehicles.
I personally hope they never return in Halo. I couldn’t care less if it defied lore, or changed Promethean variety up. Why have it in if all it does is ruin the fun of Halo with how unfair it is?

> 2533274975021613;2:
> > 2533274810001991;1:
> > why remove so many other good features?
>
>
> Because 343.

Ouch.

> 2533274876083867;4:
> All Soldiers do is be a pest, they do nothing but tank damage, deal damage faster than a wraith, and can hijack vehicles.
> I personally hope they never return in Halo. I couldn’t care less if it defied lore, or changed Promethean variety up. Why have it in if all it does is ruin the fun of Halo with how unfair it is?

I like a lot of aspects of their design but you are right, they tend to stand around and deal out tons of damage while they pretty much ignore your fire.

I don’t know what is going on but overall, I feel like Halo 5’s AI and enemy design is a lot worse than in previous games, especially less responsive.

> 2533274879407634;3:
> > 2533274975021613;2:
> > > 2533274810001991;1:
> > > why remove so many other good features?
> >
> >
> > Because 343.
>
>
> Pretty much the answer to everything wrong with halo.
>
> Edit: Lol look what I just found.

Be honest, was that you? :wink:

I really want to know why so many cool things about the Knights especially were just dropped.

I thought the Watcher detaching from the Knight to support was a really cool concept and perhaps it happened too often in Halo 4 but it was cool and it forced the player to re-focus their attention.

Edit: My fingers are too big for my phone keyboard.

> 2533274810001991;6:
> > 2533274879407634;3:
> > > 2533274975021613;2:
> > > > 2533274810001991;1:
> > > > why remove so many other good features?
> > >
> > >
> > > Because 343.
> >
> >
> > Pretty much the answer to everything wrong with halo.
> >
> > Edit: Lol look what I just found.
>
>
> Be honest, was that you? :wink:
>
> I really want to know why so many cool things about the Knights especially were just dropped.
>
> I thought the Watcher detaching from the Knight to support was a really cool concept and perhaps it happened too often in Halo 4 but it was cool and it forced the player to re-focus their attention.
>
> Edit: My fingers are too big for my phone keyboard.

No that wasn’t me. I just googled because 343.

You honestly make me laugh Skate!

I particularly miss the Knight Lancer’s that could teleport towards you in a series of staggered jumps, that would have been a perfect mechanic to keep in Halo 5 with the inclusion of baseline thrusters.

Does anyone have any clue why so much was dropped after Halo 4? Most of its criticism was centred on Multiplayer, not Campaign. I can’t see why so many cool ideas went out the window.

We don’t need any prometheans to teleport more, they are already hard enough as it is.

> 2533274909329991;9:
> We don’t need any prometheans to teleport more, they are already hard enough as it is.

I disagree, I thought it was done tastefully in Halo 4, whereas in Halo 5, Soldiers teleport constantly and they take way too long to finish teleporting which just slows down gameplay and makes it frustrating. It’s like Armour Lock with free movement.

Also, I don’t find Prometheans to be hard at all, as I mentioned above, I think they are just tedious now.

> 2533274810001991;10:
> > 2533274909329991;9:
> > We don’t need any prometheans to teleport more, they are already hard enough as it is.
>
>
> I disagree, I thought it was done tastefully in Halo 4, whereas in Halo 5, Soldiers teleport constantly and they take way too long to finish teleporting which just slows down gameplay and makes it frustrating. It’s like Armour Lock with free movement.
>
> Also, I don’t find Prometheans to be hard at all, as I mentioned above, I think they are just tedious now.

We have to be careful what we ask 343 for, you ask for an inch they give a mile. promeatheans in firefight will spawn behind you instantly and get one shot kills. Now, you basically sounding the horns because you want more of that? Fine by me because it is the irritating promethean spawns that caused me to stop playing as much and even further to refuse paying another dime on REQ bundles, if it gets worse, that surely won’t bring me back. Wait,actually I wish they would make the prometheans spawn hundreds behind your back constantly and never allow you a chance to even breath, will you beg for mercy then? or do you want more headache from those pesky prometheans? Hey 343, come hear, they are begging for more promethean headaches!

I just feel like prometheans aren’t satisfying to kill, takes ages and sure. you get a nice burn effect when they die but it’s still not as fun to headshot a grunt.

> 2533274909329991;11:
> > 2533274810001991;10:
> > > 2533274909329991;9:
> > > We don’t need any prometheans to teleport more, they are already hard enough as it is.
> >
> >
> > I disagree, I thought it was done tastefully in Halo 4, whereas in Halo 5, Soldiers teleport constantly and they take way too long to finish teleporting which just slows down gameplay and makes it frustrating. It’s like Armour Lock with free movement.
> >
> > Also, I don’t find Prometheans to be hard at all, as I mentioned above, I think they are just tedious now.
>
>
> We have to be careful what we ask 343 for, you ask for an inch they give a mile. promeatheans in firefight will spawn behind you instantly and get one shot kills. Now, you basically sounding the horns because you want more of that? Fine by me because it is the irritating promethean spawns that caused me to stop playing as much and even further to refuse paying another dime on REQ bundles, if it gets worse, that surely won’t bring me back. Wait,actually I wish they would make the prometheans spawn hundreds behind your back constantly and never allow you a chance to even breath, will you beg for mercy then? or do you want more headache from those pesky prometheans? Hey 343, come hear, they are begging for more promethean headaches!

I’m not talking about spawning, that’s a design fault, I mean when Knights used to teleport every now and then in Halo 4 during combat. If it was a rare chance it could really test your ability to adapt and I believe that the more interesting types of situations that you have to deal with, the more engaging the gameplay will be.

Imagine only fighting Soldiers all day (not too different from how it is now lol).

> 2533274811831911;12:
> I just feel like prometheans aren’t satisfying to kill, takes ages and sure. you get a nice burn effect when they die but it’s still not as fun to headshot a grunt.

Probably has a lot to do with how comical Grunts are, not to mention their audio and hilarious ragdoll physics.

I have speculated that the Soldiers were designed specifically not to use physics to save on processing but that could just be me.