Why are people vetoing DMR starts?

Seriously!

I remember on Halo 3 EVERYONE vetoed for BRs.

Why does no one like DMR starts on Reach?

Usually because they suck with it.

> Usually because they suck with it.

DMR starts are what make this game tolerable.

> > Usually because they suck with it.
>
> DMR starts are what make this game tolerable.

I agree, but anything tolerable in this game (DMRs, Zealot, slayer pro) is always vetoed.

Because “Duty Calls” only has so much replay value.

> Because “Duty Calls” only has so much replay value.

But constant AR spam + melee trading on Asylum and Crapdown is just drowning in replay value.

> > Because “Duty Calls” only has so much replay value.
>
> But constant AR spam + melee trading on Asylum and Crapdown is just drowning in replay value.

So is DMR spamming, though the AR does have the benefit that at least it involves the melee to diversify combat, which naturally affords it some greater replay value than the King of Boring.

See the formula: 1<2

> Seriously!
>
> I remember on Halo 3 EVERYONE vetoed for BRs.
>
> Why does no one like DMR starts on Reach?

Because the BR was a more enjoyable weapon even if it wasn’t as noob friendly as the DMR.

Better, more balanced maps take priority over a more powerful and versatile starting weapon. If there is a choice between DMR starts on, say, Swordbase ( a map I dislike) and AR starts on a map like Asylum (map I like), I will always choose the balanced map. Most people seem to share that view, considering how often people vote for ARs.

I like the DMR, but it has too much range for anything less than 5v5.
thats why i veto those sometimes. just depends on the map.

For the same reason they bother playing the game in the first place, to have fun. If they don’t consider DMR starts fun then they won’t vote for it. I personally don’t care about starts because I can be just as effective at long range with a pistol as a DMR and Assault rifles and DMRs are almost equally effective at short range.

> > > Because “Duty Calls” only has so much replay value.
> >
> > But constant AR spam + melee trading on Asylum and Crapdown is just drowning in replay value.
>
> So is DMR spamming, though the AR does have the benefit that at least it involves the melee to diversify combat, which naturally affords it some greater replay value than the King of Boring.
>
> See the formula: 1<2

You can use the DMR at any range; the AR is purely close range. See the formula: 3>1.

i’d rather play a good map than DMR starts.

especially considering shooting better with a DMR doesnt always net you a kill against someone shooting worse. when its pistol vs pistol the person who shoots better wins 99.999999999% of the time. spam with the pistol? fall flat on your face at almost every single range.

In games with DMR starts, there is little reason to pick up any other (non-power) weapon and so weapon variety in such games is very low. People blame the DMR for this and call it “overpowered”, and hence they veto DMR starts.

The problem isn’t that the DMR is overpowered. It’s that nearly all of the niche weapons in this game suck and are worthless beyond measure. They’re underpowered in their niches, and those niches aren’t even that useful anyway. But it’s easier for people to blame one weapon – the DMR – than it is for them to blame nearly all of the others. So they do blame that one weapon, and they vote accordingly.

> In games with DMR starts, there is little reason to pick up any other (non-power) weapon and so weapon variety in such games is very low. People blame the DMR for this and call it “overpowered”, and hence they veto DMR starts.
>
> The problem isn’t that the DMR is overpowered. It’s that nearly all of the niche weapons in this game suck and are worthless beyond measure. They’re underpowered in their niches, and those niches aren’t even that useful anyway. But it’s easier for people to blame one weapon – the DMR – than it is for them to blame nearly all of the others. So they do blame that one weapon, and they vote accordingly.

I don’t get that argument, though. In AR starts, all people still pick up are power weapons, but now, they just have to look for a DMR off spawn.

> Usually because they suck with it.

Nah. I just like using the Magnum. DMR/Mag across the board would be okay, though.

Because I either didn’t like the map, or I like another game type better, duh!

I mostly vote based on maps. I would much rather play AR starts on a decent map than DMR starts on a -Yoink- map.

Plus, I like a little variety. Playing nothing but DMR starts gets boring.