Why are people talking about halo 5?

It not coming out anytime soon and next-gen hardware don’t make games better.

So why not talk about improving Halo 4.

Seriously, Halo 4 has been out for SIX MONTHS…

I hate to be so negative but there is little hope for H4.

Mostly because the changes people want for Halo 4 would get the 343 response of, “limitations don’t allow us to do that in a timely manner”, or something else that equates to nope.

Because it doesn’t look like 343i are willing to make any big changes to Halo 4.

Most of the changes the community wants are either impossible, or 343i has “No plans to include them at this time”.

So logically, they want to focus on the next game NOT inheriting the problems of the previous game.

> It not coming out anytime soon and next-gen hardware don’t make games better.
>
> So why not talk about improving Halo 4.

There has been plenty of talk on improving halo 4, look at the millions of threads on the forums if you need proof. Now its up to 343i to read what the community has suggested and make those changes if at all possible. If the changes suggested are not possible for halo 4 (which many of them havent been), then people will start suggesting things for halo 5 so 343i can include the suggestions into the game before the game comes out.

Well they finally got the red X right, I’m really not sure how they got it so wrong in the first place, they said they have to do all sorts of testing etc. but no one noticed it lasted for half a second and was hard to see??? It takes them 2 months to get it wrong and two more months to get it right,

They have a problem going with old Halo 2-3 mechanics, I guess they don’t feel innovative when they duplicate them but really the basics of those games are imo fantastic.

Inevitably they try to listen but insist on adding their spin on things which rarely turns out well. :frowning:

While Halo 4 can be improved, there are many things that only a brand new game and the hype that comes with it can fix (i.e. descoping, weapon armor and game cosmetics, inclusion of new and old gamemodes, better on-disc maps, low population issues, so on so forth).

And to be honest, with how bad 343I messed up on some things, it’s best to just cut their losses and put all their effort into making sure Halo 5 doesn’t repeat the same mistakes.

> It not coming out anytime soon and next-gen hardware don’t make games better.
>
> So why not talk about improving Halo 4.

It’s actually simple OP, Halo 4 MP is so bad it can’t be saved.

Why not talk about both?

> Mostly because the changes people want for Halo 4 would get the 343 response of, “limitations don’t allow us to do that in a timely manner”, or something else that equates to nope.

Or my personal favorite: “Our community forums represent a small, yet vocal minority” type of attitude.

Because of the coding and mechanics of Halo 4, a lot of the things we want out of the game cannot happen until the next game. We have also lost a ton of players from this game who will not come back. Halo 5 will give players a fresh start where we can have a huge community again and see halo have a chance at succeeding again.

> Because of the coding and mechanics of Halo 4, a lot of the things we want out of the game cannot happen until the next game. We have also lost a ton of players from this game who will not come back. Halo 5 will give players a fresh start where we can have a huge community again and see halo have a chance at succeeding again.

Still, 6 years between good Halo games. It sounds really bad, and I really don’t know how many people are going to care to wait that long. 343 really needs to rethink their priorities, with Halo 4’s current rep Halo 5 isn’t going to fly off the shelves, they need to do something to make Halo 4 a lot better or make a multiplayer only game between 4 and 5.

I have faith that Halo 4 can be BETTER, but it still can’t be great. There are things in place that cannot be taken away, and mechanics that are 100% messed up. How about the fact that the railgun shoots blanks half the time? Or maybe the fact that beatdowns and shots don’t register? These are things that can’t be fixed within 4. Halo 5 is the only good way to solve some of these fundamental problems.

It doesn’t look like big/necessary changes are coming to Halo 4. The next best thing that could happen is that they reflect on the feedback and make Halo 5 what Halo 4 should have been, a great Halo sequel of a game.

Personally, with the direction the developers are seemingly going, I’m not excited for Halo 5. People talking or trying to hype the next “Halo” is just going to make me think how Halo 4 is.

Even with better technology, numerous feedback, Halo 5 isn’t guranteed to be a good Halo game.

It’s highly unlikely they’ll make any of the major changes Halo 4 needs for Halo 4. That’s just not how software development works. They can tweak minor stuff, but they aren’t going to do any significant code revisions for Halo 4 at this point.

People are talking about Halo 5 hoping 343 will address a variety of issues in Halo 4 that won’t get addressed in Halo 4.

The problem with the community suggestions is, only about 20% of the changes asked for are even remotely reasonable.

Alot of what is asked for is just downright bitchy half the time.

The people who actually ask for changes that can be made within the confines of the game rules are more likely to see what they want.

The major ones that would actually benefit the game most are:

• Classic Style playlists added

• Custom Game Options added and fixed.

But all the threads that keep asking to “add this” or “remove this” or the relative massive complaining and talking about how much this game sucks have no constructive value and probably just get ignored like they should be.

If you can’t be civil, you shouldn’t expect to be listened to.

Because Halo 4 is doomed. It’s as simple as that.

From a corporate point of view, there isn’t a whole lot of point heavily updating halo 4.

The amount of users playing it online doesn’t really effect the revenue stream, since unless im mistaken, Xbox Live costs don’t go to the game’s manufacturing much (if at all). Just because you aren’t playing h4, doesn’t mean you aren’t paying for XBL.

Halo 4 also lacks micro transactions beyond map packs.

Then you get the other issue, of it being a console game. Harddrive space is more limited, and a ton of forced patches in order to play online can be really annoying to new players.

Add to this there are also issues with its campaign that also require heavy fixing.

Really, they’re just better off marketing halo 5 as fixing everything and showing how this time they got it ‘right’. Everything they’re doing now to fix things is to help repair consumer confidence till then.

> Because it doesn’t look like 343i are willing to make any big changes to Halo 4.
>
> Most of the changes the community wants are either impossible, or 343i has “No plans to include them at this time”.
>
> So logically, they want to focus on the next game NOT inheriting the problems of the previous game.

/\ This :slight_smile: