why are people so obsessed with locke

Why do people love locke so much he was in one show and people are wanting him to kill Master Chief!

Guessing fans are excited about a new antagonist? I haven’t heard much about people wanting him to kill Chief, though…

He’s a complicated man, no one understands him so he’s lonesome; Jameson Locke.

… I am not sold on Locke. He has to be a purposely bred sleeper agent of some sort… One does not become a ranking officer in ONI by being honest and caring!!!

> 2533274818506825;1:
> Why do people love locke so much he was in one show and people are wanting him to kill Master Chief!

Are you confusing obsession with excitement over a new protagonist that has the potential to take the story in a bold new direction? Because I think you are.

I haven’t heard from anyone who wants Master Chief dead. Locke is taking an important place in halo’s universe as the Arbiter did.

Start looking at some peoples forms some people think he will kill the chief and some are encouraging it

> 2533274818506825;6:
> Start looking at some peoples forms some people think he will kill the chief and some are encouraging it

Surely you are aware that not every Halo fans is automatically a fan of Chief and wouldn’t mind seeing new protagonists have the stage? I certainly fit that bill. But Locke possibly being on a mission to kill the Chief doesn’t mean he should be despised automatically.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274818506825;6:
> > Start looking at some peoples forms some people think he will kill the chief and some are encouraging it
>
>
> Surely you are aware that not every Halo fans is automatically a fan of Chief and wouldn’t mind seeing new protagonists have the stage? I certainly fit that bill. But Locke possibly being on a mission to kill the Chief doesn’t mean he should be despised automatically.

I don’t mind locke trying to kill chief it makes it exiting but don’t people realize that the Master Chief is the main charecter of halo you can’t kill the chief and still have halo thats like killing spiderman and making a spiderman 2

Yes I know not all are fans of Chief and I enjoyed halo 3 odst because I got to see it from someone else’s point of veiw sure it may be exiting to play as locke and try to kill the chief but hoping to kill him off is just wrong

And about new people taking the stage that’s like iron man becoming the main charecter in spiderman

> 2533274818506825;10:
> And about new people taking the stage that’s like iron man becoming the main charecter in spiderman

Well it’s called Halo, not Master Chief. As much as I like Locke I still think Master Chief is he icon of Halo. I don’t want him to die by Locke’s gun, and then see Locke as some sort of hero in Halo 6.

> 2533274974597111;11:
> > 2533274818506825;10:
> > And about new people taking the stage that’s like iron man becoming the main charecter in spiderman
>
>
> Well it’s called Halo, not Master Chief. As much as I like Locke I still think Master Chief is he icon of Halo. I don’t want him to die by Locke’s gun, and then see Locke as some sort of hero in Halo 6.

Okay fine killing Rick from the walking dead and having a walker be the main charecter

People are excited for Locke because he’s a new character. Before him we were mostly playing as Master Chief, and it was pretty straightforward. Fight the Covenant, fight the Flood. Chief was basically a pair of empty boots for the players to fill, and his character wasn’t fleshed out that much in the games until Halo 4. Now that we’ve seen his humanity, we learn that he’s gone AWOL and the UNSC and/or ONI want him back. So, they give this new character, Locke, the task of tracking Chief down, and there are so many possibilities! People have been speculating that he may have to fight Chief, but its also possible that he may befriend him instead and turn on ONI! But before that, he asks the Arbiter for help, and we don’t know what the Arbiter will do when Locke gets to Chief, whether he’ll help Locke or his old friend chief. There’s just so much speculation that people are going crazy, and its all because of this new character, Locke.

> 2533274818506825;12:
> > 2533274974597111;11:
> > > 2533274818506825;10:
> > > And about new people taking the stage that’s like iron man becoming the main charecter in spiderman
> >
> >
> > Well it’s called Halo, not Master Chief. As much as I like Locke I still think Master Chief is he icon of Halo. I don’t want him to die by Locke’s gun, and then see Locke as some sort of hero in Halo 6.
>
>
> Okay fine killing Rick from the walking dead and having a walker be the main charecter

I’d actually be fine with Rick dying and really living up to the threat of anybody being a threat on The Walking Dead.

These are drones… They conform to what is in the face… Locke is 343s way to create more games in the name of halo… Whether u like it or not ask itself y.? Y must Master Chief go to make the games that much more interesting.? The game is based on him in case anyone missed it… Regardless of the missions story line without him it all started with a lagging Master Chief… And will die with him if he does.!! Not to say it won’t be interesting

> 2533274812652989;14:
> > 2533274818506825;12:
> > > 2533274974597111;11:
> > > > 2533274818506825;10:
> > > > And about new people taking the stage that’s like iron man becoming the main charecter in spiderman
> > >
> > >
> > > Well it’s called Halo, not Master Chief. As much as I like Locke I still think Master Chief is he icon of Halo. I don’t want him to die by Locke’s gun, and then see Locke as some sort of hero in Halo 6.
> >
> >
> > Okay fine killing Rick from the walking dead and having a walker be the main charecter
>
>
> I’d actually be fine with Rick dying and really living up to the threat of anybody being a threat on The Walking Dead.

Okay well I’m not really about to discuss the walking dead with you. Without master chief where would the universe be? Oh that’s right destroyed so why do people want to hunt him down for saving the universe multiple times I don’t know but I know master chief will not be killed and somehow if he does die than I’m done with halo

> 2533274818506825;16:
> > 2533274812652989;14:
> > > 2533274818506825;12:
> > > > 2533274974597111;11:
> > > > > 2533274818506825;10:
> > > > > And about new people taking the stage that’s like iron man becoming the main charecter in spiderman
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well it’s called Halo, not Master Chief. As much as I like Locke I still think Master Chief is he icon of Halo. I don’t want him to die by Locke’s gun, and then see Locke as some sort of hero in Halo 6.
> > >
> > >
> > > Okay fine killing Rick from the walking dead and having a walker be the main charecter
> >
> >
> > I’d actually be fine with Rick dying and really living up to the threat of anybody being a threat on The Walking Dead.
>
>
> Okay well I’m not really about to discuss the walking dead with you. Without master chief where would the universe be? Oh that’s right destroyed so why do people want to hunt him down for saving the universe multiple times I don’t know but I know master chief will not be killed and somehow if he does die than I’m done with halo

That’s silly. There’s so much more to Halo than Master Chief. As a previous post elegantly stated: “the game is called ‘Halo’, not ‘Master Chief’”. I don’t want him to die, but I do want the games to move away from him a bit. ODST and Reach are two of my favorite Halo games, and they don’t even include Chief (no, we’re not counting the cry-pod easter egg in Reach). It seems shallow to give up on a wonderful franchise just because they move away from a specific main character.

It’s gotta be that cool Blue visor…

I agree it can be fun to see from others point of view but halo 5 is not going to just be about locke I hope you guys know that

> 2533274818506825;16:
> > 2533274812652989;14:
> > > 2533274818506825;12:
> > > > 2533274974597111;11:
> > > > > 2533274818506825;10:
> > > > > And about new people taking the stage that’s like iron man becoming the main charecter in spiderman
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well it’s called Halo, not Master Chief. As much as I like Locke I still think Master Chief is he icon of Halo. I don’t want him to die by Locke’s gun, and then see Locke as some sort of hero in Halo 6.
> > >
> > >
> > > Okay fine killing Rick from the walking dead and having a walker be the main charecter
> >
> >
> > I’d actually be fine with Rick dying and really living up to the threat of anybody being a threat on The Walking Dead.
>
>
> Okay well I’m not really about to discuss the walking dead with you. Without master chief where would the universe be? Oh that’s right destroyed so why do people want to hunt him down for saving the universe multiple times I don’t know but I know master chief will not be killed and somehow if he does die than I’m done with halo

Chief is a hero, yes, and I doubt he is going to die. Yet given he just up and vanished with telling anybody what he is up to looks suspicious no matter who does that. He would not be the first hero to die after doing remarkable things.