Why Are People So Against Re-Mixes?

Why?
It makes no sense
They play completely differently.
Why are people so against them?
They play different, and are different.
Yes, they look similar.
But they play so differently.
If riptide had a railgun and camo, yes I wouldn’t be happy.
But it’s a beam rifle and a fuel rod…
So why are you people so against them?

You may find people have already started this : 1 &

Because its a lazy way of making “new” maps and they don’t really express new environments. It makes it look like 343 doesn’t care about Halo.

> 2535464077691593;3:
> Because its a lazy way of making “new” maps and they don’t really express new environments. It makes it look like 343 doesn’t care about Halo.

You don’t need new in quotations because the maps are genuinely new…
Fathom doesn’t play like Riptide.
You can see they are similar, but they don’t play the same.
Truth and Regret don’t play the same, however look similar.
Empire and Eden play differently, but look similar.
Plasma caster is different to a sniper, hydra and rocket launcher.
Energy sword, plasma caster and active camo are different to a fuel rod and an oversheild…
They are different maps.

> 2535464077691593;3:
> Because its a lazy way of making “new” maps and they don’t really express new environments. It makes it look like 343 doesn’t care about Halo.

If they didn’t care about Halo they probably wouldn’t have given out the maps for free in the first place.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, and the majority of the responses I got were “It’s lazy” and nothing else. But I did get a few responses that helped me understand why people don’t like remixes, like this one:

> XACSlayerX wrote:
> To be honest I think what upsets people the most isn’t even the fact the maps are remixed, it’s the fact that every -Yoinking!- map in this game is nothing more than a series of corridors, ramps, and ledges, and the remixes just rearrange said corridors ramps and ledges, it’s the maps in general that are the problem, the frustration that comes with the remixes stems from the fact that halo 5s maps all follow the same design philosophy so we know in advance we are not getting any kind of fresh new experience with remixes, just a different arrangement of the same thing and a slightly different coat of paint

Sigh, I would argue that most people don’t have an issue with remixes, at least in theory. The issue is that with one exception remixes and forge maps are all the community has gotten(even the one original map was seen well before launch). This is on top of a game already padded out with remixes and forge maps and it is no wonder people are going to get frustrated.

Remixes, ideally, should be something used as a stop gap in between more significant content drops with brand new maps. Except that is not what 343 is doing, the current plan seems to keep remixing maps until they run out of maps to remix. It doesn’t matter how “different” each map may be, players are still going to be seeing a lot of the same structures, callouts, and pathways they have already seen before. While they may not be 1:1 copies of each other, they definitely share enough DNA for people to notice.

At the end of the day it just feels cheap. The expectation going from paid DLC to “Free” content(funded by microtransactions) was that the quality of the content wouldn’t change, only the business model. Unfortunately the quality of content has dropped as remixes are inherently less resource intensive than a brand new map(or arguably even a remake built from the ground up in the new engine).

Long story short, the remixes themselves are not a problem, it is how they have been used(and abused).