Why are people leaving?

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

As we can see the population keeps dropping, now under 70k. My question is why everyone stops playing halo 4? i personally dont like the game as much as i thought i would, but to see the population below 70k for a big franchise as Halo is pretty scary. Is there no hope left at all?

No ranks.

> No ranks.

In a nutshell.

There’s no replayability if you can reach the highest rank in hardly any time at all, and having nothing to do once you get there.

people can’t handle change it seems

Halo stopped being a market leader and became a market follower.

No ranks = me not interested in game.

> Halo stopped being a market leader and became a market follower.

This. The market for arena shooters, which Halo CE originally was, is dying. Nobody wants arena shooters anymore, they prefer games which you can pickup and play without needing to practice to get good at. Which is where CoD excels at.

I enjoy watching the population fall.

> > Halo stopped being a market leader and became a market follower.
>
> This. The market for arena shooters, which Halo CE originally was, is dying. Nobody wants arena shooters anymore, they prefer games which you can pickup and play without needing to practice to get good at. Which is where CoD excels at.

So does this mean that halo will cease to exist soon? Because if the population keeps dropping, i dont see how microsoft can make profit of the next two games (I’m assuming people will not fall for the “Halo 5 will be more ‘halo’ than Halo4” crap).

No playable Grunts, that is all.

The Grunt Overlord is forever undefeated.

> people can’t handle change it seems

that change is going to be halos downfall.

> > > Halo stopped being a market leader and became a market follower.
> >
> > This. The market for arena shooters, which Halo CE originally was, is dying. Nobody wants arena shooters anymore, they prefer games which you can pickup and play without needing to practice to get good at. Which is where CoD excels at.
>
> So does this mean that halo will cease to exist soon? Because if the population keeps dropping, i dont see how microsoft can make profit of the next two games (I’m assuming people will not fall for the “Halo 5 will be more ‘halo’ than Halo4” crap).

Honestly? Yes. Halo will die. Microsoft will probably try to milk Halo to Halo 6, so they can complete the Reclaimer trilogy but after that? It’ll probably be the end for the Chief. As for spinoffs, who knows, they may try a CoD style game set in the Halo universe but who knows. If we’re lucky, the whole CoD style games will die off and another style of game will become popular that Halo can capitalise on and we may get some other Halo games but don’t hold your breath. After all it’s known that a halo game without the Chief doesn’t sell anywhere near as well as games with him, just look at ODST and Halo Wars, bot great games but neglected by many members of the community because they “are not true Halo games”.

> > people can’t handle change it seems
>
> that change is going to be halos downfall.

If they wanted to change the core game mechanics so much they should have just named the game Halo: Infinity, then people might not have set their expectations so high.

Maybe because there is a lot more to life than playing video games 7 days a week.

No balance. I hate randomness, it kills competitiveness.

Imagine a football game where if a team scored a touchdown, not only did they get the points for that td, but they now get 3 extra players on the field for their next possession. That’s basically what Halo 4 is.

Also the feel of the game has changed due to default sprint. You would be hard pressed to give me one legitimate reason as to why sprint is beneficial to Halo other than to give the generic “all the other game’s have it, therefor Halo needs it” or “it makes it feel more modern” Both of those are ridiculous arguments that hold no merit.

Sprint was added for the sake of appealing to all of the other “Modern shooter” gamers.

Halo doesn’t need sprint, it kills some mid-range battles due to the fact people just run away now, it limits your readiness because as you’re sprinting you can’t shoot which means if someone who isn’t sprinting runs into you they’re going to have an advantage over you.

I also think it feels weird in this game, even compared to Reach’s Sprint AA. Sometimes to me it feels like when you’re sprinting and you try to change directions quickly you feel like your slipping and sliding, which is annoying.

Most of all, Sprint kills small maps, absolutely kills them. That’s the reason why 343i launched Halo 4 with so many large maps, they had to because of Sprint. Had sprint not been involved we’d likely have a decent mix of both large and small maps.

I’m telling you right now that the new Majestic map pack is going to frustrate people. There will be small 4v4 maps, but they will not be classics like in Halo 2/3 because they are not going to play as smoothly as though maps due to sprint.

TL;DR: Sprint is bad, it is killing Halo and it needs to go.

I also enjoy watching the population fall

I left because vehicle combat is dead.

Motivation, where are in H4?
Closed games, where are?
Where is the Halo essence?
What is H4? A guy hidden with boltshot? A camo sniper? Games starting 5vs1?
When i get +30 others get -10 -10 -10… And its only funny for a BK.
I can play it a few but never a long time, is bored.

> people can’t handle change it seems

Yeah, especially bad change.