Why are people doing this in Spartan Ops ?

Destroying the turrets in the first mission this week.

What’s up with that? What is so important about them that everyone must destroy them?

People destroy them? What?!

They’re really handy for “the defense”.

I swear that the majority of the time when I grab a turret, I’m met with a grenade in the face by teammates purposely.

I’m guessing it’s to screw up the No Easy Way Out achievement for people who haven’t unlocked it yet.

Just played with someone who honestly thought he had to destroy every vehicle I was getting in. -.-
Where the -Yoink- is booting when you need it?!

> Just played with someone who honestly thought he had to destroy every vehicle I was getting in. -.-
> Where the -Yoink!- is booting when you need it?!

I played with a guy who run over me 11 times with a ghost ‘-’

I run into people all the time who will blow up your turret or vehicle just b/c you got to it first when they wanted it. On hunting trip it was getting really bad with the turret on the face of the base. It got to the point where once someone did that to me I would run the map grabbing all the turrets breaking them off and shooting them into the air (or blowing them up in the shades case)and then proceeding to snatch up the ordinance drops just to fire them off in the air.

I was in a mission on complex once where I blew up a guys ghost b/c he had no clue how to drive it without team killing constantly. He spent the rest of the game trying to splatter me with ghosts and mongooses. He didn’t seem to get that I have radar and a jump button. He probably got me 2 times compared to the many many vehicles I blew up right out from under him.

I only blow up the morons who kill the wraiths I’ve worked so hard on being able to use.

Yeah I don’t get the whole purposely destroying vehicles or running over your teammates thing…

It does nothing but waste everyone’s time. I just want to finish the damn mission as quickly as I can for XP yet these clowns like to play games.

I have a theory that it’s because Spartan Ops promotes selfish gameplay rather than working as a team. If what you care about is Experience and commendation you don’t want your team mates to be able to get more kills than you. So if they get to a power vehicle or a turret just blow it up and level the playing field. It’s -Yoink-, but that’s the mindset of some people.

It’s not as though hampering your team mates performance will lower your chances of winning… not with unlimited lives.

I just dont understand 343’s “they can’t betray with guns, but can still splatter” system in general. I wonder who screwd the betrayal system there.

Just like with who had the genius idea to let teammate destroy your vehicle. Lol, in the first Parg Vol mission, more of my tanks were destroyed by -Yoink- bag teammates than the enemy.

i see a lot of red and green armored spartans on here… maybe because it’s the Christmas season?

> I have a theory that it’s because Spartan Ops promotes selfish gameplay rather than working as a team. If what you care about is Experience and commendation you don’t want your team mates to be able to get more kills than you. So if they get to a power vehicle or a turret just blow it up and level the playing field. It’s Yoink!, but that’s the mindset of some people.
>
> It’s not as though hampering your team mates performance will lower your chances of winning… not with unlimited lives.

But that’s the part I don’t get, because you don’t get more XP for having more kills than someone else. At the end of the match, everyone gets the same amount of XP. It’s based off the time it took your team to complete the mission.

So these people that screw over others to get more kills do not benifit at all.

When it comes to the entire team killing aspect of halo 4.
At first i was Like YEAAAAAA no more -Yoink!-
Now i have discovered a worse fate. Teams where 1 guy sit’s in Valhalla base waiting for sniper spawn for the entire game. Does nothing to help team win. Just stands there. Waiting.

If he fails to get sniper he just waits more.
If he get’s it, it turns out he’s worst sniper ever.
At least before some one would betray him at least once or twice a game for being a nooblet. Now he just sit’s there.

Simple explanation for all of these behaviors: people will do whatever’s in their own best interest. Everyone has their own agenda, and will put that above anyone else’s. It would be nice to assume that because you go into a team game that other random people have a team mentality, but that’s a false assumption.

If they want to get the most kills (even when that doesn’t matter), they’ll be a jerk and destroy your turret. If they want to try and up their weapons commendation, they’ll camp by a spot.

Best advice? Don’t worry about it and enjoy the game.

> But that’s the part I don’t get, because you don’t get more XP for having more kills than someone else. At the end of the match, everyone gets the same amount of XP. It’s based off the time it took your team to complete the mission.
>
> So these people that screw over others to get more kills do not benifit at all.

But over the long run you do through the commendation bonus for kills of each type of enemy and vehicle destruction.

I was playing on exile and a dude on the scorpion splattered me twice I got suicide both of the times

He din’t even got betrayel

People are immature and with no form of consequences they are going to do as they please in order to get some sort of sick happiness out of purposely making strangers mad.

Instead tracking how many grunts you kill 343 should have had a counter on how many team vehicles you’ve destroyed or splatters. Get to many and you’re booted.

> Simple explanation for all of these behaviors: people will do whatever’s in their own best interest. Everyone has their own agenda, and will put that above anyone else’s. It would be nice to assume that because you go into a team game that other random people have a team mentality, but that’s a false assumption.
>
> If they want to get the most kills (even when that doesn’t matter), they’ll be a jerk and destroy your turret. If they want to try and up their weapons commendation, they’ll camp by a spot.
>
> Best advice? Don’t worry about it and enjoy the game.

I usually do well in my spops matches. I enjoyed alot of firefight on reach, and just like there, nothing can stop most players from being utterly destroyed by my hands. Griefing, crap talking, afkers, anyone not willing to work towards moving the game forward falls by the wayside. I try and play with buddies whenever possible to limit the amount of silliness that some players feel necessary. If thats the game they want to play then so be it. Some games are awesome when everyone is wanting to blow stuff up and work as a unit. Not so awesome when not.

Just solo them, i never played firefight in a group in Halo 4, mostly because it was a game of fuel rod crap… In spartan ops i just solo it in legendary, it is pretty ez and no pain in the butt teammates giving you a hard time that should be helping you…