Why are my Aim Acceleration posts getting deleted?

I would think 343 would like suggestions on what to tweak in the title update, but apparently I am breaking some kind of secret forum code with these posts. In both topics I very politely pointed out my suggestion that an option should be added with the update to allow players to toggle aim acceleration off.

Aim Acceleration?

“In Halo 3 Bungie implemented a feature called Aim Acceleration. Meaning that it takes sometime before you reach full looking speed. It was implemented to help new players to aim, so their Crosshair doesn’t go all over the screen. To see what I’m talking about simply push your Right Stick to the right and notice how it accelerates to full speed after sometime.” - Lorch

It’s what makes Halo 3 and Halo Reach feel clunky compared to Halo 1 and Halo 2. Essentially your look sensitivity is never constant like you would think.

Yeah, this is a pretty dumb feature. Anything that makes the game feel clunky or that is like a crutch is pretty unfortunate. New players can learn just fine through practice and asking questions, we don’t need to dumb down good games to make them more appealing, it does just the opposite. I’m sure 343 knows this though because they definitely seem to have a lot of professionals who care about and respect Halo as much as us fans.

I suggest upping your sensitivity. Aim-Accel is barely noticeable at all at 8 and up. AND aim-accel helps with high sensitivity because little inputs get little results and big inputs get nearly, if not instant results. I can twitch full left, then full right and be instantly back at original position. If I am not quick on the stick, I don’t return to neutral.

PS: It wasn’t for newer players, it was for players who play on a high sensitivity. Well that and because of latency and reticle magnetism being what they are, aim-acceleration also prevents the reticle from being overcorrected when those situations arise. Skipping players and no aim-accel can make for less than happy XBL times. Halo2 didn’t need aim-acceleration because you didn’t have actually aim directly at the enemy.

> I would think 343 would like suggestions on what to tweak in the title update, but apparently I am breaking some kind of secret forum code with these posts. In both topics I very politely pointed out my suggestion that an option should be added with the update to allow players to toggle aim acceleration off.

Chances are your posts have not been deleted they have gotten merged. See question #6.
Link

Here is your post at the bottom of this thread about the TU.
Link