Why are Gravity Volumes in fixed sizes only?

Gravity Volumes, as revealed in today’s Impact trailer, are little boxes you can set on the map that change the gravity properties of Spartans and Vehicles within them, and that’s AWESOME, but I can’t figure out why on earth they only come in two fixed sizes, 5x5 and 10x10 squares.

What if I want to place one gigantic volume to cover an entire map? Or a tiny one to create an elevator? Or a round one to neatly fill a circular space, like the low gravity room in Condemned? Can’t do it. What an illogical and disappointing departure from how easy it is to create every other area volume in the game, like kill zones, hills, trait zones, etc,

player trait zones can change gravity as well and you can completely customize the size and shape of those.

They don’t work like Halo Reach where you can make volumes the size of the map?

I thought those sizes are just quick presets so you don’t have to do that manually everytime.

> player trait zones can change gravity as well and you can completely customize the size and shape of those.

True, but that only lets you alter player gravity, it doesn’t affect vehicles or the physics of other objects.

> Gravity Volumes, as revealed in today’s Impact trailer, are little boxes you can set on the map that change the gravity properties of Spartans and Vehicles within them, and that’s AWESOME, but I can’t figure out why on earth they only come in two fixed sizes, 5x5 and 10x10 squares.
>
> What if I want to place one gigantic volume to cover an entire map? Or a tiny one to create an elevator? Or a round one to neatly fill a circular space, like the low gravity room in Condemned? Can’t do it. What an illogical and disappointing departure from how easy it is to create every other area volume in the game, like kill zones, hills, trait zones, etc,

you can adjust the sizes those are just presets.

> > Gravity Volumes, as revealed in today’s Impact trailer, are little boxes you can set on the map that change the gravity properties of Spartans and Vehicles within them, and that’s AWESOME, but I can’t figure out why on earth they only come in two fixed sizes, 5x5 and 10x10 squares.
> >
> > What if I want to place one gigantic volume to cover an entire map? Or a tiny one to create an elevator? Or a round one to neatly fill a circular space, like the low gravity room in Condemned? Can’t do it. What an illogical and disappointing departure from how easy it is to create every other area volume in the game, like kill zones, hills, trait zones, etc,
>
> you can adjust the sizes those are just presets.

I hope you’re correct, but where did you see/read that? I only saw the preset block volumes available in the Impact video.