Why are discussions about Halo happening on Twitter and not here?

In another thread (https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/halo-mcc-august-update-response/543574/4) a user asked a clarifying question about the lack of spartan points that had been mentioned in the update. A helpful user responded that 343 had posted a response on Twitter.

Why is the clarification on this point a post from 343 on Twitter?
We shouldn’t have to go to Twitter to get/give feedback.
Why wasn’t the announcement updated to provide clarity?

Do we waste our time posting here, when instead the official channel of communication should be Twitter?

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I’ve heard this place is “too sensitive” compared to other sites.

Not to mention, there isn’t exactly a lot to talk about and Ik I’m almost done with the Yappening event, I’ll take about a month off and not change my thoughts, especially when just now we have weapon variants that were basically ported from the campaign.

As for older games, I’m not too worried about refreshing my memory on Combat Evolved for example, but I don’t buy into the nostalgia that most of the fanbase has with it.

Was Anniversary perfect? No. They could’ve just made a brand new multiplayer experience and leave the Anniversary maps for Reach, but that’s what OXM said in their review. I’m not sure what I would say about it now, with or without Reach involved because I tune out of a lot of multiplayer discussions unless they’re offline and centered around what does work about the first 3 games and what doesn’t work instead of character-assassinating 343 based on nothing.

On that note, I’ve refrained from talking about the show and recently watched it. It’s not what the usual suspects claim, but as an AU, I have a gut feeling they’re going to play it TOO safe and have all of the character drama done in one season, which is a little weird, especially when Reach was considered one of the best games and yet has customization that REQUIRES grinding unreasonably and a campaign that is more guilty of ruining the canon than the show could ever have.

Too many people aren’t on the fence like they should be, and I shouldn’t have to be asked “Whose side are you on?” all darn day.

1 Like