Why are Anniversary gametypes outside the Anniversary Classic playlist

Why are Anniversary gametypes outside the Anniversary Classic playlist?

I want to play Reach, not a 2001 wannabe. Those who want slow and overpowered magnums have a whole playlist for themselves, so why should players that want to play Reach be forced to switch between settings so much?

Yes, I want Armor Abilities. Yes, I want vanilla Slayer DMRs. I hope 343 fixes the current playlists, since they’re really messed up right now.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

Different opinion =/= Troll

You just need to see all the gametypes available in a single playlist to see what I’m talking about. We have AA’s here, 85% Bloom here, 3sk magnums over here, 4sk magnums over there, default new maps, fixed “classic” maps, jump height modifications, 1 grenade, 2 grenades, Slayer, Anniv Slayer, KotH, Flags, etc. etc.

All this in a single playlist.

> Why are Anniversary gametypes outside the Anniversary Classic playlist?
>
> I want to play Reach, not a 2001 wannabe. Those who want slow and overpowered magnums have a whole playlist for themselves, so why should players that want to play Reach be forced to switch between settings so much?
>
> Yes, I want Armor Abilities. Yes, I want vanilla Slayer DMRs. I hope 343 fixes the current playlists, since they’re really messed up right now.

I agree with this. Completely. I cant believe nobody else is complaining about this. I guess it boils down to the lack of people playing this game. Maybe 343 just wants to make it seem like more people bought the game, or maybe the netcode doesnt work with under a certain number of players per playlist?

Nevertheless, no halfway decent player will ever appreciate having to adjust to a new gameplay-formula every time a game starts. Its all muscle memory and reflexes that make the best stand out, and that gets messed up when the engine changes.

I vote change. And make an invasion playlist with breakneck and breakpoint plz.

Yeah. Being able to practice and perfect a certain playstyle is what keeps me getting back for more.

One of the reasons I loved the Premium Slayer playlist was because of the new maps and being able to practice my Slayer skills in them.

Slayer on new maps. Always. Now that is what I call fun.

> Yeah. Being able to practice and perfect a certain playstyle is what keeps me getting back for more.
>
> One of the reasons I loved the Premium Slayer playlist was because of the new maps and being able to practice my Slayer skills in them.
>
> Slayer on new maps. Always. Now that is what I call fun.

the classic playlists are not great either

but the maps are great so for now just gotta play customs

I don’t like the fact they implemented the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary multiplayer into Reach’s engine. Map remakes would’ve been fine, but things get broken when they’re changed. Halo: Reach wasn’t broken, I believe it is now, but it wasn’t before.

> I don’t like the fact they implemented the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary multiplayer into Reach’s engine. Map remakes would’ve been fine, but things get broken when they’re changed. Halo: Reach wasn’t broken, I believe it is now, but it wasn’t before.

Broken or not, I personally would really like to play vanilla Reach on the new maps on a consistent basis.

I’m neutral over 85% bloom or melee bleedthrough, but I’d really like a vanilla Slayer playlist.

PRO TIP: Go play in the DLC playlist aka Premium Battle, it’s all Reach gameplay 24/7. After all this is a Halo game so it will have a playlist for any type of player.

I love my 3sk Magnum, but I agree. No point in having the same gametype in 2 playlists, especially since that is all anyone votes for in Annv. Squad, anyway.

while I don’t agree with your opinion, I do agree that the playlists are severely -Yoinked!- up.

Yeah, those who enjoy the 3sk magnum already have a special playlist where they spawn with it 100% of the time.

Why do we need those gametypes elsewhere?