Why anvil?

Who is this person? What legacy did he/she left behind. Is this a new character in the lore or an already existing one? Why is the update named after this person? What does this person have to do with Sanghelios and the Hunter, with Reach, and with the cartographers (i.e forge)?

Actually, in my opinion is more of a reference to the fact that forge mode is coming to PC. My reasoning for this is that an anvil is a necessary tool in a forge.

Its from lore

Anvil is a program in which the unsc and sos work together in joint operations. It’s the “trophy” that we got from the events following H3. The Needler Hog, hybrid scopes, and Heroskrill are also things that come from the Anvil Program. We’re expecting more hybrid things.

Halo online exist completely as wargames simulation for the program.

Actually it could be a reference to the Ship Anvil

I thought it was just the forge symbol.
The Dnend Legion

It’s a refrence to the ANVIL initiative where elites and Spartans train together on ANVIL station in wargames simulations. It’s also the reason we have hybrid weapons and the needle hog.

Forge on PC.

The real question is why was the first update called “Battle of Shadow and Light”.

I just thought its because theres a giant Anvil logo for Forge and thats the “big thing” this update

So let me get this straight. Anvil is a program created after halo 5 for sos and unsc spartans to train together in wargames simulations. That’s the reason why in this update we have a hunter canon and two Sanghelios maps?

its because forge is going to PC

> 2533274879407634;6:
> It’s a refrence to the ANVIL initiative where elites and Spartans train together on ANVIL station in wargames simulations. It’s also the reason we have hybrid weapons and the needle hog.

There’s a low chance of elites being in this update, but at least the title opens up the possibility, right?

> 2533274970658419;7:
> Forge on PC.
>
> The real question is why was the first update called “Battle of Shadow and Light”.

BtB = Battle
Shinobi = Shadow
Light rifle variants = Light

The forge symbol is a hammer and anvil. We already had Hammerstorm so Hammer’s legacy seems a bit redundant. Also its worth mentioning the predecessor of forge was anvil in Marathon. It seems like a fitting title for the update and probably doesn’t have much to do with EU lore much.

> 2533274974695300;9:
> So let me get this straight. Anvil is a program created after halo 5 for sos and unsc spartans to train together in wargames simulations. That’s the reason why in this update we have a hunter canon and two Sanghelios maps?

Anvil was created as a joint program after Halo 3 to be exact. The main highlight of this update is forge on pc.

> 2533274857915830;2:
> Actually, in my opinion is more of a reference to the fact that forge mode is coming to PC. My reasoning for this is that an anvil is a necessary tool in a forge.

Yes

anvil isn’t a person…its a tool used by blacksmiths to bend and work metal…probably referring to the forge release on pc.

Are you seriously going to complain about the update now? The update hasn’t dropped yet!

It’s because of the fact that this is the second huge Forge update; with Prefabs, the Content Browser, and Forge for PC releasing all at once on top of new content for forge (it’s a given). It could be a reference to the ANVIL Initiative and Anvil Station as well given all the Covie stuff coming but it’s mostly the forge stuff.

http://www.halopedia.org/Anvil_Station

ANVIL is a UNSC station where Spartan-IVs and Sanghelli train together in War Games under the ANVIL initiative.

Anvil’s Legacy is a reference to forge’s legacy. The Anvil is the forge symbol.