Why am i punished for being good?

Ultimately we want to level up the season pass to customize our Spartans more; So if more customization was available early in the game, would you be happier?

1 Like

Agreed! Love the gameplay and am optimistic of beneficial changes.

1 Like

dude this is my fvcking life. 75% of games forced to carry bottom fraggers. Man it’s just so tiresome after so many games and so many years.

While leveling my battlepass isnt the sole reason i play, its the reason ive been logging on and grinding 6-7 hours a day, and when its so monstrously slow as it is, i lose my want to play the game all together
Ranked is nowhere near a show of skill when the system is as barebones and broken as it is, ive lost many games and never deranked and high tier lobbys are still filled with leavers and people without two braincells to rub together

1 Like

Ya… the language they are using is super confusing. It feels like most of the weekly challenges should be relabeled as dailies, as it usually only takes a match or two to get most weeklies done. But on the other end of the spectrum, the capstone challenges they are handing out are the only real “weekly” challenges in the game, in the since that it will take about a week to get them done with reasonable play time.

Things like “play 4 ranked games” are a good weekly challenge. It takes a decent amount of time and shouldn’t really be that much of a time commitment, where “win 1 quickplay game” should clearly be a daily. I really don’t think that there is a major issue with the system that they have in place, and that it is just the way that they roll them out slowly and stack multiple of the same thing. I feel like half of my weekly challenges are the exact same “play X amount of Y games” those suck. Especially when you just got done playing 4 games of CTF to get to your final game of Oddball, only for the game to immediately tell you to play 4 games of CTF.

If all weeklies were available from the start of the week, it would significantly reduce the frustration with the system.

TLDR: They should move some weeklies over to dailies, and have them repeat daily. All weeklies should be available from the start of the week. It would solve most of the issues with the system that is in place.

EDIT: and in this “new” system that I just thought up they could still sell challenge swaps for certain things that people just don’t want to do. I know that if I got a challenge to play 3 games of Strongholds I would immediately reroll. I literally never want to play Strongholds again. I hate it. They could and should still tie the ultimate reward behind completing all weekly challenges.

1 Like

I understand things will be fixed, but not only do we not know when, but we have to deal with the problems until then.
My anger mainly forms from the fact that 343 knows what players want after years of data gathering and crafting the almost perfect mcc system, yet we somehow get this travesty and now have to wait for 343 to fix yet another thing.
I thought after halo 5 things would have been figured out

3 Likes

I know it’s confusing to me that they had a perfect system to follow in MCC and they just went in a completely different direction hopefully in the future the game becomes more like the MCC and I would actually like to see the MCC stay relevant maybe add Halo 5 to the MCC in the future and then if another Halo game comes out after Halo infinite add Halo infinite to the MCC as well

Halo 5 is way too big for mcc unfortunately
Would be like a 250 gig game

I know but you never know they might reduce its file size in the future I mean they really could by just removing the req system completely and giving it the same as the rest of the games in MCC

1 Like

they could easily fix this. the medals seem to be of a rarity, so to keep in line with how they’re doing the progression system… have kills be 1 xp, have common medals be 5-10 xp, and have mythic medals be 50 since they require the highest of skills. still grindy, as 343 likes, but still rewarding

1 Like

Yeah pretty much all the reasons I can think of. I feel like they wanted to bridge the gap for progression for people who play little.and often and those that bang out long playing sessions.

Technically by doing a fair portion of the weekly challenges a week (1-3 hours) you could get the battle pass done by the end of the season.

The alternative is making it too long so people can’t do that or making it too short because the ones without the cap can bash it out really quick. If people want to then why not but also I get that it might put people off due to the “unlock drought”.

1 Like

I want my ODST stuff and there’s no reason why they can’t give us actual dailies in their current system without uprooting it all. I feel that’s a reasonable compromise for the time being.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d be up for stuff in the dailies. Make the weekly a bigger item and the daily a smaller one.

They still can hold over the cooler stuff to sell in the store to keep people spending!

2 Likes

Same. I completed week 1 and 2’s challenges really quickly and now I’m stuck for XP until the new challenges come out. We need daily challenges once we complete the weekly

3 Likes

C’mon, before the 50XP per match it was 100XP for two and such, so to call it a fix is really stretching it… it’s like getting half your monthly salary two times a month.
And let’s just cater to the current model, there’s really no excuse to not at least double the XP earned per match after completing all the weekly challenges. A purple-rare semi-scuffed core-locked armor coating isn’t enough to compensate for the lack of progress after completing a set of obscure weekly challenges.

The previous 50xp fix was only marginally better than what we had. Just as the new fix might only be marginally better than that, but at least everyone who plays daily will get a level per day now.

The other time I made a post talking about this topic … The progression system does not reward you for WINNING, it rewards you for PARTICIPATING, it’s crazy.
It is more profitable to do nothing for the opposing team to win so that the game ends quickly than to strive to win.

Well they do have to design a game taking into account most type of players and their available time/skill to invest. For unlocking stuff this will mostly take account the lowest time/skill ratio to prevent FOMO. For ranked its the other way around; playing better/more places you higher then others can achieve.

You are apparently a part of the luxurious 5% that has plenty of both time & skill so I would suggest just picking up additional games if you enjoy yourself the most with a progressional carrot on a stick or grind ranked.

1 Like

Hmmm I am taking a bet that most don’t know how to use double xps proply, I’m 35 lvl on the progression and I’ve only played it for 2 weeks and I haven’t bought anything only a battle pass and a set with the knives and that’s it

And it’ll eventually get better gotta wait till next Tuesday

1 Like