Why am I getting matched with full teams?

Why do I keep getting matched with teams? Does the full party matching only work when they are all in party chat? Does it count if they’re all together in game chat? It could just be coincidence that they all have mics and got matched up together, but I highly doubt that. I was so excited for Team Throwdown, but I’m so disapointed because of the players. Some games I destroy lesser skilled players who all quit 1 minute into the game (boring), then I get matched up with a full team of players who destroys my lesser skilled, random team. 9/10 of my games have quitters. CSR should have been here at the start.

Going into a team list as a random and wondering why you get random results? Maybe be less random.

> Going into a team list as a random and wondering why you get random results? Maybe be less random.

Searching as a random… Expect shenanigans. Halo Matchmaking lesson #1

Unless there’s some sort of trick that full parties can use to match randoms that very few people have heard of, you’re matching randoms with mics.

maybe they all started searching solo and found each other over a number of games and stayed (and continue to search) together because they all have mics?

How will CSR help? That’s just making a number visible, but it will still use Trueskill in the background to find your matches like it’s doing now.

> Why do I keep getting matched with teams? Does the full party matching only work when they are all in party chat? Does it count if they’re all together in game chat? It could just be coincidence that they all have mics and got matched up together, but I highly doubt that. I was so excited for Team Throwdown, but I’m so disapointed because of the players. Some games I destroy lesser skilled players who all quit 1 minute into the game (boring), then I get matched up with a full team of players who destroys my lesser skilled, random team. 9/10 of my games have quitters. CSR should have been here at the start.

I’ve gone into games solo and gotten matched with people who all have mics and we end up dominating. Sometimes it’ll happen even without mics. Other times i’ll go in with a team of 3, we’ll get 1 random and only get matched against teams or 4, and usually it’s pretty close. Maybe you’re just getting matched against good randoms?

Edit: Just had 2 games where I got matched against full teams while solo. Wtf gives.

been happening to me too, It is definitely full or mostly full teams because I check their friends list.

> How will CSR help? That’s just making a number visible, but it will still use Trueskill in the background to find your matches like it’s doing now.

I figured that it would match people properly, so there would be less quitters. People quit when they’re being destroyed and that won’t happen as much if we’re matched evenly. I also imagine having penalties to your CSR for quitting, but I don’t think anyone is going to care about their CSR (besides hardcore players) enough to stay in the game if they’re getting dominated.

I think the problem with the Trueskill is that is does a average check on the party as individuals and gets a average number.That and it probably doesn’t know how to match up a party with a party.So its matching up of players is pretty random.Though if a really good random player has the equivalent trueskill of the average of a party, they would get matched up with the party.Could be something else or i may be close.I never really looked into how the trueskill matches players.It was just be speculating which is practically guessing lol.

I find it infuriating when my full team gets broken up in matchmaking and scattered across teams of randoms. What’s the point of teaming up if we’re only going to be split? JiP should he disabled while they fix it, but I know better than to expect that.

The matchmaking system finds an average of the room and tries to balance the teams using that number.

I.E, if you search with friends of whom you know first hand are far less skilled than you lets say they are a TrueSkill 15, and you are a TrueSkill of 45, the game will attempt to find players of 25-35 for the enemy team. Therefore, while you could easily outskill these players, your poor teammates get dumped on because the enemy players are 10 Skill levels higher then them because the Matchmaking system attempted to average it out. This applies to searching as a random, this is also why if you have a high Skill you will very rarely be given a decent player and will be expected to carry the nibs.

HOWEVER, this is NOT CALL OF DUTY.
You cant kill and entire team with one clip like you can in Call of Duty, therefore you should not be expected to carry a team to victory, its simply not possible as your lesser skilled players bleed your team to the death limit.

This system is wildly unbalanced and punishes good players by dumping nuubs on their team, effectively ruining both their W/L and K/D on a game by game basis. This is why I want CSR to be visibile so I can actually see this garbage going on.

But my theory is, the real reason the CSR has been delayed to April is because they are tinkering with the Matchmaking system as a whole so we wont ever get to see this garbage matchmaking system in numeric form.