Why am I getting matched up with Americans?

I’m Australian and I cannot find a game with other Australians even with over 300k people online…

How do I make it so I don’t get laggy connections over seas like in Reach and Halo 3? Please help, as the lag is unplayable.

Because we rock!

OT: Is there a ‘local’ or ‘connection’ setting in matchmaking like there was with Reach?

There’s no way to choose to search for best connection. We really need an option to only play with other Aussies/people from the same country.

I’m in the US and about 1 out of 4 games is pretty laggy. I think in general they are still having server issues, probably translates over to region matching as well

I agree, The lack of a custom search for good connection is ridicules.
Please add this must needed feature back in 343i.

Thanks.

Wait, so there is no option? did they honestly take good connection choice out of the game…?

is that why im getting such horrible lag from the lag compensation? overseas peeps joining american lobbys?

> Wait, so there is no option? did they honestly take good connection choice out of the game…?

Yep. Sucks right?

Halo 4 definetly needs a local search option! i can’t believe im getting matched up with people half way around the world from me its a disgrace and a step back from every other halo matchmaking.

Don’t understand why they removed local/good connection search. Last time I checked, there was more than one country in the world. Not everything revolves around you Americans (even though that’s what you actually believe).

True dat bruz 343 needs to add sum local search pronto to me any my homies can get sum decicent connections, fix yo -Yoink- cuz

> Halo 4 definetly needs a local search option! i can’t believe im getting matched up with people half way around the world from me its a disgrace and a step back from every other halo matchmaking.

This

Where have you been? Aussies/NZealanders have been making thread after thread complaining about this over the last few days.

> Where have you been? Aussies/NZealanders have been making thread after thread complaining about this over the last few days.

I haven’t seen it, is there any info for a hot fix?

i strongly agree with my fellow australian gamers, i am constantly getting put in american conection games and it is terrible … TTYL xoxoxoxo

this kan ye guy knows what hes talkin’ bout, kan ye for pres/ gamer of the year

> i strongly agree with my fellow australian gamers, i am constantly getting put in american conection games and it is terrible … TTYL xoxoxoxo

Hopefully they fix it soon :frowning:

> I’m Australian and I cannot find a game with other Australians even with over 300k people online…
>
> How do I make it so I don’t get laggy connections over seas like in Reach and Halo 3? Please help, as the lag is unplayable.

> I’m Australian and I cannot find a game with other Australians even with over 300k people online…
>
> How do I make it so I don’t get laggy connections over seas like in Reach and Halo 3? Please help, as the lag is unplayable.

> i strongly agree with my fellow australian gamers, i am constantly getting put in american conection games and it is terrible … TTYL xoxoxoxo

> > Wait, so there is no option? did they honestly take good connection choice out of the game…?
>
> Yep. Sucks right?

Yep… so irate!