Why all the hate towards 343i and Halo 4?

The title says it all, I honestly don’t see why all these anti 343i feelings exist. Personally I found halo 4 to be the best in the series, the campaign was spectacular, Spartan ops is an amazing addition to the storyline (Which for me is the most important aspect of the game) and the online multiplayer is absolutely amazingly fun to play. So tell me community, why is it that every time I log into these forums I see about five topics which go along the lines of “HALO 4 IS RUINED Y U DO THIS 343” “WE TRUSTED YOU 343 AND YOU RUINED IT” seriously, I mean how did they ruin it? Since when did adding an excellent storyline, great gameplay and a host of new features constitute ruining a game?

Now I know I’m going to receive a lot of hate for this topic but I genuinely wish to know why so many of you don’t like Halo 4. It seems to me like most of you just don’t like the multiplayer and that founds your entire opinion on the game. Personally the multiplayer is a secondary aspect for me, and a good solid campaign is the most important aspect, like it was for Halo CE which had no online multiplayer at all. To me it seems too many people are obsessed with making halo into a multiplayer focused game similar to COD which has (mostly) the same recycled campaign every game and same (Aside from a few features) multiplayer engine every time. I don’t want to see Halos rich storyline and vast canon base be lost in pursuit of “a more competitive online gaming experience”.

TLDR: I thought halo 4 was awesome, why do you think otherwise.

Intelligent discussion only please, take your flamewars elsewhere

As much as I like the game, and am one of the “343i Defense squads”, these threads are just as bad as the Halo 4 sucks threads.

Because it’s not Halo anymore.

'Cause they consider themselves pros! And a pro can’t depend of luck, much less lose against a lucky player. The manliest kind of guys ever!

An ordnance drop helped the enemy team win? Oh my God! This game is broken! So totally done with Halo!

Suffice to say, Halo is serious business and map control. All they want is to get the best weapons and vehicles so that the enemy team has no chance to win. 343i solved that problem, and now the world is ending. I kinda feel bad for them.

Oh noes, that creepy guy from yesterday is going to make me another thread.

> Because it’s not Halo anymore.

> Because it’s not Halo anymore.

Elaborate on how it is no longer halo please, we still play as a Spartan supersoldier in a suit of Mjolnir armor to defend the UNSC. We still fight an alien threat, and forerunner technology is still prevalent in the storyline. Everything here points towards Halo 4 being a halo game.

> As much as I like the game, and am one of the “343i Defense squads”, these threads are just as bad as the Halo 4 sucks threads.

Considering I’m asking for intelligent discussion, and not inciting a flame war by aggressively accusing the developers of ruining the game how is this thread as bad as the Halo 4 sucks threads.

Halo has so many small things, changes in this is problematic for a lot.

343i and Halo 4 has changed the small things. Not all, but a lot.
Also, nerdrage.

> Halo has so many small things, changes in this is problematic for a lot.
>
> 343i and Halo 4 has changed the small things. Not all, but a lot.
> Also, nerdrage.

Thats the thing though, very few things particularly in campaign were changed aside from armor abilities and the ability to sprint, which for gods sake we should have had since halo 2, John 117 is a -Yoink- supersoldier, the fact he couldn’t sprint was maddening.

It seems most people are forming their opinion off of MLG’s opinion of the game, which I’m sorry, means jack to me.

Hey, anyone remembers that Halo 3 MLG tournament when a team’s XBox 360 got a RROD and lost the match thanks to that? Good times, I really laughed at those guys for being MLGs.

Don’t get me wrong, I love MLG for the population it has brought gaming, I just hate what it has done to healthy friendly competition online, everyone has to be “Pro” now. But I digress I don’t want this to become an anti-MLG thread, my original question stands, can people explain why they don’y like halo 4

People hate the ordnance drops and how it can change the whole match. In other words, luck is an important factor in Halo 4, and people dislike that. I don’t see why, I’ve lost against people who managed to get a good weapon, and I still enjoy the game.

But I honestly can’t take them seriously. They claim that they are done with Halo, you check their service record the next day, and what do you know, they played Halo 4 again.

Because it’s the newest one.

Cause they put the last nail in the coffin for Halo.

> Cause they put the last nail in the coffin for Halo.

And how did they do that? Come on at least provide some reasoning for your opinion. I see nothing in Halo 4 which even remotely hammers a nail into a coffin for halo. Campaign: Great, Spartan Ops : Great Online multiplayer: Great. So seriously what gives?

i wish there was a visible ranking system with great maps and no camo and boltshot

Well for me it is several factors.

1. Loadouts, im sorry for to the people who like these but they have no place what so ever. They limit what a play can do, in by that i mean you setup one loadout to deal with a specific thing and once you encounter something that is not what that loadout is meant for you have to change loadouts. Whereas previously you could just pick up a new weapon and be ready for it. Not to mention perks (which again just remove features.) Like not being able to pickup grenades without a perk, or they just give unfair advantages. Being able to use radar while scoped in (what was once a risk v reward thing is no longer the case) or to the one perk that lets you get more ammo in power weapons. Also to an extent discourages teamwork, what is the point of working as a team to help get a weapon you need to take down a banshee (lets say pp.) when everyone can spawn with one. And finally encourages camping whats the point of going out into the map to get that precision rifle when you spawn with it and dont have to move a muscle.

2)Sprint, was never needed in halo. You know why? Because we used to always be sprinting. Base player speed was always high, but they lowered it and had to make maps bigger to compensate for sprint.

1. Random global ordnance and ordnance, discourages map movement and teamwork. There is now no longer a reason to move as a team to get power weapons. Why? Either you can call in one at your it drops randomly on the map no predicting it. Again this one also encourages camping, pretty self explanatory.

2. aa’s, good concept poorly executed both in reach and halo 4. No one should be able to spawn with pv, ac, or jp. JP ruins the flow of the map, pv gives you a view of the entire enemy team, and ac is well ac that should be a map pickup. Would be fine if you were not able to spawn with them and they were map pickups.

5)Dynamic spawning, the moment you set foot into the enemies base the spawn in a different spot. Nothing else needs to be said about this one.

1. Instant spawn, really should not have to say why for this one but i will. No punishment for death what so ever. Discourages teamwork and promotes lone wolfs. I mean why would you need teamwork its not like getting killed anymore puts your team a man down.

7)JIP, nice concept currently horribly broken.

Just what i could come with off the top of my head, if i think of more ill post.

It’s because of the lack of things that have been in previous games. I.E. ranking system, campaign theater, more custom game option, etc. What makes me angry are all of the unfulfilled promises that 343i told us. We were told that we would get a classic playlist at launch, and that it would be “the most customizable Halo yet.” So far none of those things have even come close to happening.

If you’re sick of all the hate threads (like me) just post a thread that says ‘good job 343’ or something like that. I personally think it’s a great game. I don’t think all the ‘haters’ want to see halo be turned into COD though because i’ve seen a lot of posts where people are saying halo has to much COD features in it and thats why they don’t like it. Also don’t forget that almost every halo game has had a few people flaming it and bungie. Look on the bright side though, at least this isn’t the bioware forums where almost EVERYONE DEMANDED a different ending as if they own the game i’m fairly sure the people that complain about halo 4 are about 10% (or a small percentage like that) and not the majority of halo 4 players.

Here is the thing about Forums. They are used as way for the community to submit issues that come up in the game with constructive criticism. It is also an excellent area for trolls to live and thrive.

I personally love playing Halo 4. I am not blind however to the fact that tweaks need to be made to certain aspects of the game. Overall though I will play Halo 4 over any current FPS out, especially CoD.

> > Cause they put the last nail in the coffin for Halo.
>
> And how did they do that? Come on at least provide some reasoning for your opinion. I see nothing in Halo 4 which even remotely hammers a nail into a coffin for halo. Campaign: Great, Spartan Ops : Great Online multiplayer: Great. So seriously what gives?

Forge: Broken, Custom Games: Broken. You forgot those two. Campaign was average. Spartan Ops doesn’t fill the shoes of Firefight. And good lord, Multiplayer is a mess.

Look, I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the population charts don’t agree with you, friend. Nor does MLG. Halo is dying.