Why all the Hate on Halo?

Since I’ve joined this online community, I’ve noticed a surprising amount of people hating on just about every aspect of Halo 4, and frankly, I just don’t get it.

Everyone talks about how all the armors are Yoink, but I think they’re great. Sure some of them are a bit weird, but there are plenty to choose from.

The Armor mods/tac. packages/Support Upgrades: Why are people complaining that they ruin gameplay, it’s not like they grant users with invincibility, or infinite ammo.

The game modes could be organized better, but with the wide variety there is, everyone can find one for themselves. Overall, Halo 4 has a few things to improve on, but it’s still a great game, and we really should be thankful for the things 343 did right

> Since I’ve joined this online community, I’ve noticed a surprising amount of people hating on just about every aspect of Halo 4, and frankly, I just don’t get it.
>
> Everyone talks about how all the armors are Yoink, but I think they’re great. Sure some of them are a bit weird, but there are plenty to choose from.
>
> The Armor mods/tac. packages/Support Upgrades: Why are people complaining that they ruin gameplay, it’s not like they grant users with invincibility, or infinite ammo.
>
> The game modes could be organized better, but with the wide variety there is, everyone can find one for themselves. Overall, Halo 4 has a few things to improve on, but it’s still a great game, and we really should be thankful for the things 343 did right

1. The internet is a silly place
    2.Yes, some of them are a bit weird, and they dont look very great, at least in my opinion, due to them being so shiny. What kind of war armor is shiny all the time?

2. Halo has always been about equal starts, and even a slightest thing that is against that ruins the flow of the game. And that is what the Armor mods and abilities do

3. Im not saying Halo 4 is a bad game, but 343I did some major mistakes, and i believe that they will improve.

all the hate is from massive changes that no one wanted. if this had come out and legendary slayer was the default slayer option, there wouldnt be nearly as much hate for the game.

We realize that the perks do not grant invincibility, but when we need a perk to pick up grenades, something is wrong.

People express their opinions on here, it just so happens that most people that come here have a negative opinion about the game. You like the game, and see the positives, that’s great and I’m happy you see the game that way, but everyone has their own opinion and they continue to express it. Although it’s inconvenient that most people on here share a negative outlook towards the game, that’s just the way it is. I say inconvenient because everybody hopes for a positive response, which Halo 4 didn’t receive (not saying it deserved a positive response or not, but just pointing out what happened here). They don’t like the changes made to this game.

For me, personally, I’m neutral towards everything that’s happened to this game. Would I like going back to the Halo 3 version? sure. Would I like it if they continued with the theme presented in Halo Reach and Halo 4? sure. As long as I’m having fun, that’s all that matters to me, and every halo has delivered so far.

> We realize that the perks do not grant invincibility, but when we need a perk to pick up grenades, something is wrong.

I think the people over on the Legendary Slayer threads Yoinking about grenade spam disagree.

> > We realize that the perks do not grant invincibility, but when we need a perk to pick up grenades, something is wrong.
>
> I think the people over on the Legendary Slayer threads Yoinking about grenade spam disagree.

has halo been gone so long that they dont remember grenade spam? jeez its as halo as the br.

> > I think the people over on the Legendary Slayer threads Yoinking about grenade spam disagree.
>
> has halo been gone so long that they dont remember grenade spam? jeez its as halo as the br.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Resupply allows multiple people to pick up grenades from the same corpse. This would mean that there are more grenades in play at certain times when Resupply is enabled for all players than if grenades were just dropped.

I used to dislike that as well, then I realized it prevents massive grenade spam

> > > I think the people over on the Legendary Slayer threads Yoinking about grenade spam disagree.
> >
> > has halo been gone so long that they dont remember grenade spam? jeez its as halo as the br.
>
> I could be wrong, but I <mark>believe that Resupply allows multiple people to pick up grenades from the same corpse</mark>. This would mean that there are more grenades in play at certain times when Resupply is enabled for all players than if grenades were just dropped.

i was not aware of this. if this is true i would concur. i thought it goes to whoever got them first only.

can anyone else confirm this?

> > > I think the people over on the Legendary Slayer threads Yoinking about grenade spam disagree.
> >
> > has halo been gone so long that they dont remember grenade spam? jeez its as halo as the br.
>
> I could be wrong, but I believe that Resupply allows multiple people to pick up grenades from the same corpse. This would mean that there are more grenades in play at certain times when Resupply is enabled for all players than if grenades were just dropped.

If that’s true, wow.
How about we pick up a random grenade from a corpse. First person to run over it, gets it.
Anyways, the armors are pretty cool, except for pioneer. That’s the only one I have any beef with.

> all the hate is from massive changes that no one wanted. if this had come out and legendary slayer was the default slayer option, there wouldnt be nearly as much hate for the game.

^^This

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post inappropriate comments.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I get the feeling a lot of the haters are the same people who believe in Creationism; they ignore the facts staring them in the face. The haters ignore the evolutions of every past Halo games and insist their opinion is the one true way. They’re afraid to try new things, or trying new thing and not liking them, insist that no new things be tried ever again.

>

dont bring religion into this.

> >
>
> dont bring religion into this.

We really don’t need to go there.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post inappropriate comments.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> >
>
> dont bring religion into this.

A bash against religion was not my intent, merely calling into question the interpretation of facts over beliefs. It’s not so much religion as the way one claims they’re right and everyone else is wrong. It’s all opinion in the end, and keeping a closed mind isn’t helping yourself or anyone else.

> > > I get the feeling a lot of the haters are the same people who believe in creationism. The haters ignore the evolutions of every past Halo games and insist their way is the one true way. They’re afraid to try new things, or trying new thing and not liking them, insist that no new things be tried ever again.
> >
> > dont bring religion into this.
>
> It’s all opinion in the end, and keeping a closed mind isn’t helping yourself or anyone else.

see how you can say that without ever using religion?

please dont do it again.

>

It’s just a very touchy subject for some people.

That’s just our community for you, they SAY they hate everything but secretly LOVE the game and play it daily. It’s just the fun thing to do, rant and complain about the game you adore.

> That’s just our community for you, they SAY they hate everything but secretly LOVE the game and play it daily. It’s just the fun thing to do, rant and complain about the game you adore.

unfortunately, a day will come when everyone says they are going back to halo 4 for how much better it is than halo 5.

i will weep on this day.