Why a brute plasma rifle?

How does the Brute plasma rifle have anything to do with halo reach? It wasn’t even in the game! I’m honestly tired of these lame updates. I rather pay for DLC and get GOOD content!

Why not? Does infection have anything to do with Reach? You’re looking way to far into this.

The content updates don’t always have to do with the name specifically.

For example, Ghosts of Meridian. Not everything in that update was Meridian themed.

As for why the Brute plasma rifle? From a gameplay standpoint, it would be more differentiated from the storm rifle by color AND power. As for the marketing reason, a lot of stuff this year is brute-themed, undoubtedly due to the approaching Halo Wars 2 that seems brute-focused.

As much as I love red I would have much rather preferred the regular plasma rifle. Since the brute one was only in H2 and odst. Plus the original plasma rifle would have brought more nastolgia.

Just enjoy the FREE update and stop complaining

> 2533274879407634;4:
> As much as I love red I would have much rather preferred the regular plasma rifle. Since the brute one was only in H2 and odst. Plus the original plasma rifle would have brought more nastolgia.

I wonder if we will get a regular variant?

Because we wanted the Plasma Rifle back. In fact, we’ve been asking since they first announced its absence in Halo 4.

> 2535421453885007;6:
> > 2533274879407634;4:
> > As much as I love red I would have much rather preferred the regular plasma rifle. Since the brute one was only in H2 and odst. Plus the original plasma rifle would have brought more nastolgia.
>
>
> I wonder if we will get a regular variant?

Probably not but at least it’s A plasma rifle that’s much better than no plasma rifle at all

> 2533274859620752;7:
> Because we wanted the Plasma Rifle back. In fact, we’ve been asking since they first announced its absence in Halo 4.

We’ve also been asking for elites but we haven’t gotten that yet sadly

I agree but it’s new content

Because its a good weapon, because people asked for it.

> 2533274974033696;3:
> The content updates don’t always have to do with the name specifically.
>
> For example, Ghosts of Meridian. Not everything in that update was Meridian themed.
>
> As for why the Brute plasma rifle? From a gameplay standpoint, it would be more differentiated from the storm rifle by color AND power. As for the marketing reason, a lot of stuff this year is brute-themed, undoubtedly due to the approaching Halo Wars 2 that seems brute-focused.

this also makes a lot of sense

> 2533274879407634;9:
> > 2533274859620752;7:
> > Because we wanted the Plasma Rifle back. In fact, we’ve been asking since they first announced its absence in Halo 4.
>
>
> We’ve also been asking for elites but we haven’t gotten that yet sadly

And probably never will. The amount of balance that needs to go into making Elites work, as well as all the extra assets just isn’t worth it.

> 2533274813061580;12:
> > 2533274879407634;9:
> > > 2533274859620752;7:
> > > Because we wanted the Plasma Rifle back. In fact, we’ve been asking since they first announced its absence in Halo 4.
> >
> >
> > We’ve also been asking for elites but we haven’t gotten that yet sadly
>
>
> And probably never will. The amount of balance that needs to go into making Elites work, as well as all the extra assets just isn’t worth it.

Ahhhhhh… We will it’s just a matter of when. It wasn’t really a problem in H3 because they just bent their knees till they were spartan height. But they don’t do that in H5… Anyway back on topic, I still would much rather have the original plasma rifle since it was in every game until reach while the brute version was only in two games.

maybe the OG plasma rifle will be a common and the brute plasma rifle is the uncommon, so perhaps we can see a rare, ultra rare legendary or mythic? who knows, only time will tell

> 2533274879407634;9:
> > 2533274859620752;7:
> > Because we wanted the Plasma Rifle back. In fact, we’ve been asking since they first announced its absence in Halo 4.
>
>
> We’ve also been asking for elites but we haven’t gotten that yet sadly

It don’t think we’ll see playable Elites come to Halo 5: Guardians, but I am seriously hoping that we get them in the next Halo game.

> 2533274971565732;14:
> maybe the OG plasma rifle will be a common and the brute plasma rifle is the uncommon, so perhaps we can see a rare, ultra rare legendary or mythic? who knows, only time will tell

I was actually thinking that maybe the Elite Plasma Rifle could be the tier 2 Plasma Rifle because it doesn’t overheat as quickly.