Why 343i's CSR excuse doesn't cut it

So like many of you, I’m disappointed that CSR isn’t going to be in-game. It was probably the single most crucial aspect that would have brought players back in the the Halo franchise. And the waypoint-only CSR isn’t going to do the job.

I agree. Frankie just seems mad that he couldn’t get a 50. I couldn’t either. I still had fun. I didn’t resort to boosting. I played boosters all the time. In all reality they are still just halo players. We need player rating + 1-50

I find it just a little bit…interesting how they can release a TU to put the “X” Marker back in game and makes the back-end changes of weapons possible, but say that UI limitations make it impossible to add Visible CSR. Now I didn’t design the game, but this is just raises a few questions, does it not?

> I find it just a little bit…interesting how they can release a TU to put the “X” Marker back in game and makes the back-end changes of weapons possible, but say that UI limitations make it impossible to add Visible CSR. Now I didn’t design the game, but this is just raises a few questions, does it not?

Yeah, I’m not buying it. And even if there were 'problem’s, they should just wipe the entire UI. I don’t think anyone likes Halo 4’s UI over the past Halo games.

343i needs to understand that this issue is not going away. Since BS Angel responded that CSR would not be in-game there has been little to no response from 343i on the multitude of forum posts about this issue. A large majority of the community has stated that they don’t want a Waypoint-only CSR, yet 343i has continued as though the that’s what we wanted. They can call it whatever they want but what 343i is proposing now is not an acceptable compromise.

343i, if you don’t want to do an in-game CSR then just say so. No one is asking for a miracle, just a little honesty. Honesty will go a long way with the community.

The players ruined it. They didn’t want to put in in the game because of what the players do with it. There was apparently enough uproar that they did what we’re getting. I for one will give it a shot and hope they’ve learned a lesson from this and that a visible ranking system will be present in Halo 5 from launch day. I’m not going to hold my breath though.