Why 343

I know this happened a very long time ago, but why did 343 change the effect of spartan charging with 4 stacked speed boosts? Early on in Halo 5 when you stacked 4 speed boosts in warzone and you spartan charged you would go flying at ridiculous speeds for such a long distance. Why did 343 change that? It was literally the best part about Halo 5. The effect wasn’t game breaking and it was really fun, so why did they change it? Maybe I’m the only one who stacked speed boosts, but it was a blast. You could do many crazy things by spartan charging with stacked speed boosts, but now doing it is really lame and nothing special happens. Can we bring this to 343’s attention because it didn’t negatively effect the game at all and it was really fun. If 343 brings the ability to do this again, I might go back to Halo 5.

Honestly, they probably thought it was fun too. My guess would be it probably screwed with the server to have to register that and would cause lag.

> 2533274847563380;2:
> Honestly, they probably thought it was fun too. My guess would be it probably screwed with the server to have to register that and would cause lag.

Next best thing is Gavel + Speed Boost AM + triple speed boosts in Turbo though.

It was a one shot kill from 20 meters away, and it was pretty laggy. I bet they knew it was fun, but they needed to balance it.

Balance and Halo 5 are two things that do not go together.

> 2535437497517606;1:
> I know this happened a very long time ago, but why did 343 change the effect of spartan charging with 4 stacked speed boosts? Early on in Halo 5 when you stacked 4 speed boosts in warzone and you spartan charged you would go flying at ridiculous speeds for such a long distance. Why did 343 change that? It was literally the best part about Halo 5. The effect wasn’t game breaking and it was really fun, so why did they change it? Maybe I’m the only one who stacked speed boosts, but it was a blast. You could do many crazy things by spartan charging with stacked speed boosts, but now doing it is really lame and nothing special happens. Can we bring this to 343’s attention because it didn’t negatively effect the game at all and it was really fun. If 343 brings the ability to do this again, I might go back to Halo 5.

To me, it adds incentive to use speed boost. It’s not like the speed boost is near as good as camo or overshield.

I could never control it like some people could. It was like looking at a pinball arcade game. lol

It was getting abused like crazy once the word got out especially with Achilles grinders and spartan charge commendation needers.

Back in my day, Spartan charge with a speed boost was a one-hit kill…

> 2533274925370623;9:
> Back in my day, Spartan charge with a speed boost was a one-hit kill…

Oh god. I forgot about that lol

> 2533274816299345;10:
> > 2533274925370623;9:
> > Back in my day, Spartan charge with a speed boost was a one-hit kill…
>
> Oh god. I forgot about that lol

Yeah it was hilarious, 4 boosts and just charging people XD. Makes sense that they would remove it.

even though it was fun as hell

> 2533274925370623;11:
> > 2533274816299345;10:
> > > 2533274925370623;9:
> > > Back in my day, Spartan charge with a speed boost was a one-hit kill…
> >
> > Oh god. I forgot about that lol
>
> Yeah it was hilarious, 4 boosts and just charging people XD. Makes sense that they would remove it.
> even though it was fun as hell

You can make it not a one hit kill and still have the flying part. I never used it to kill people, I used it to fly around. 343 could have just changed the damage, but instead they unnecessarily changed the flying part.

Probably someone complained enough for them to make a change.

> 2533274805640921;13:
> Probably someone complained enough for them to make a change.

But they won’t listen to the complaints of the majority about how we don’t want a Call of Duty ripoff fanfiction as a Halo game.

> 2535437497517606;14:
> > 2533274805640921;13:
> > Probably someone complained enough for them to make a change.
>
> But they won’t listen to the complaints of the majority about how we don’t want a Call of Duty ripoff fanfiction as a Halo game.

It is widely believed that for some reason 343 seems to take minority complaints more seriously as per Halo Wars 2 but I don’t know.

I never knew about this. But this would seem inhumanly possible

> 2533274866906624;6:
> > 2535437497517606;1:
> > I know this happened a very long time ago, but why did 343 change the effect of spartan charging with 4 stacked speed boosts? Early on in Halo 5 when you stacked 4 speed boosts in warzone and you spartan charged you would go flying at ridiculous speeds for such a long distance. Why did 343 change that? It was literally the best part about Halo 5. The effect wasn’t game breaking and it was really fun, so why did they change it? Maybe I’m the only one who stacked speed boosts, but it was a blast. You could do many crazy things by spartan charging with stacked speed boosts, but now doing it is really lame and nothing special happens. Can we bring this to 343’s attention because it didn’t negatively effect the game at all and it was really fun. If 343 brings the ability to do this again, I might go back to Halo 5.
>
> To me, it adds incentive to use speed boost. It’s not like the speed boost is near as good as camo or overshield.

3 Speed boosts + Gavel?

Yeah, we cant -Yoink!- mushroom anymore :frowning:

> 2535410648744984;17:
> > 2533274866906624;6:
> > > 2535437497517606;1:
> > > I know this happened a very long time ago, but why did 343 change the effect of spartan charging with 4 stacked speed boosts? Early on in Halo 5 when you stacked 4 speed boosts in warzone and you spartan charged you would go flying at ridiculous speeds for such a long distance. Why did 343 change that? It was literally the best part about Halo 5. The effect wasn’t game breaking and it was really fun, so why did they change it? Maybe I’m the only one who stacked speed boosts, but it was a blast. You could do many crazy things by spartan charging with stacked speed boosts, but now doing it is really lame and nothing special happens. Can we bring this to 343’s attention because it didn’t negatively effect the game at all and it was really fun. If 343 brings the ability to do this again, I might go back to Halo 5.
> >
> > To me, it adds incentive to use speed boost. It’s not like the speed boost is near as good as camo or overshield.
>
> 3 Speed boosts + Gavel?

That = overpowered. Playable brutes anyone?

I agree I believe we can zoom around again