Why 343? (Infection got 343-ified)

Let’s skip the bs rant and just cover some key points:

• Assault Rifle starts (although they gave a decent reason)
  • POWER WEAPONS ON THE MAP
  • Infected are partially invisible
  • POWER WEAPONS IN INFECTION
  • Infected have thrusters
  • They put power weapons in Infection…
  • Last man standing gets infinite ammo and faster reloads (Oh Joy I can’t wait to see how many unfrigs there will be)

What is this?
We waited 6 months for this?

Who needs courage when you have… A gun. With infinite ammo and fast reload to destroy all of the bad man zombies.

I don’t see an issue with any of that. Wait until you play it to judge.

> 2533274895508405;1:
> Let’s skip the bs rant and just cover some key points:
> - Assault Rifle starts (although they gave a decent reason)
> - POWER WEAPONS ON THE MAP
> - Infected are partially invisible
> - POWER WEAPONS IN INFECTION
> - Infected have thrusters
> - They put power weapons in Infection…
> - Last man standing gets infinite ammo and faster reloads (Oh Joy I can’t wait to see how many unfrigs there will be)
>
> What is this?
> We waited 6 months for this?

git gud kid

> 2533274902478287;4:
> > 2533274895508405;1:
> > Let’s skip the bs rant and just cover some key points:
> > - Assault Rifle starts (although they gave a decent reason)
> > - POWER WEAPONS ON THE MAP
> > - Infected are partially invisible
> > - POWER WEAPONS IN INFECTION
> > - Infected have thrusters
> > - They put power weapons in Infection…
> > - Last man standing gets infinite ammo and faster reloads (Oh Joy I can’t wait to see how many unfrigs there will be)
> >
> > What is this?
> > We waited 6 months for this?
>
>
> git gud kid

Xddddddddddd woe you bamboozled mi

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274795538024;3:
> I don’t see an issue with any of that. Wait until you play it to judge.

Le 343 fanboy

Pretty sure they only made the alpha zombie partially cloaked because they tended to get wrecked in past infection modes.

> 2533274895508405;6:
> > 2533274795538024;3:
> > I don’t see an issue with any of that. Wait until you play it to judge.
>
>
> Le 343 fanboy

Yes of course anyone that disagrees with you is a “fanboy”. Is that really the only defense of your post you have?

I agree that power weapons is an issue

We’ve had one teaser of the gameplay.
They said they’d be watching on feedback about the mode from the community when it releases.
This new version is kind of a mix between Alpha Zombies and Hivemind.

It’s one gametype.
Play customs with friends and change the rules.
Or play the matchmade one and enjoy having the gametype back.

They finally give us one of things the community wanted, and they changed it for balancing, and now everyone is going haywire.
They will add more to infection. They know it’s a popular gametype in Halo.
They’ve said on multiple occasions that they will be adding community maps and new gametypes over time.

> 2535424465548988;9:
> I agree that power weapons is an issue

I’ll take a shotgun over a sniper or rocket in infection.

Power weapons in the map again? AR starts with power weapons are why I hated Hivemind and the other flood variants so much. Whoever got the SAW/shotgun would win so if you spawned too far away you were screwed. Infinite ammo while being the last man standing is awful too. It’d be bad on it’s own but then you throw power weapons into the mix and you have a horrible mess. Why even bother with infection if you’re going to mess it up so badly? No one asked for this extra garbage. Give us shotgun and pistol starts without invisible flood, flying flood, and infinite ammo.

> 2533274795538024;3:
> I don’t see an issue with any of that. Wait until you play it to judge.

Neither do I

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

Got a bit of spare time today… Just gonna park this deckchair here and watch the fall out :smiling_imp:

> 2535425925511684;12:
> Power weapons in the map again? AR starts with power weapons are why I hated Hivemind and the other flood variants so much. Whoever got the SAW/shotgun would win so if you spawned too far away you were screwed. Infinite ammo while being the last man standing is awful too. It’d be bad on it’s own but then you throw power weapons into the mix and you have a horrible mess. Why even bother with infection if you’re going to mess it up so badly? No one asked for this extra garbage. Give us shotgun and pistol starts without invisible flood, flying flood, and infinite ammo.

Stop with the nostalgia crap. Oh no I can’t use the OP pistol to kill infected. They said that it made the games boring where players would just stay back and not move around the map. In each Halo that had infected/zombies people would not go far from where they would spawn, unless it was to trek to the one good hiding spot where they would stay and one shot infected players across the map. Do you remember how unbearable it was for people who had to play Green Team on Foundation in Halo 2? It was basically taking a brick and beating your head in. It was terrible for zombies, what made it fun was when people had to use their shotguns. Now don’t get me wrong playing as humans with pistols is great, but like I said previously its unbearable for the infected/zombie/green players.

The last man standing traits are nothing to get worked about, because at the end of the round there are 11-1 players. The Last Man might fend off a few waves but will fall just like everyone else.

343 is trying to make a game mode that is fun for both Humans and Infected, in every other title of Halo when I was infected I found it mostly unbearable to play because people would just hold up in a corner and one shot me, without being anywhere near them. If you want to play pistol, shotgun spawn then wait for the people to play in customs or even better go play a different Halo Title.

> 2533274895508405;1:
> - Assault Rifle starts (although they gave a decent reason)
> - POWER WEAPONS ON THE MAP
> - Infected are partially invisible
> - POWER WEAPONS IN INFECTION
> - They put power weapons in Infection…
> - Last man standing gets infinite ammo and faster reloads (Oh Joy I can’t wait to see how many unfrigs there will be)
>
> What is this?
> We waited 6 months for this?

Only the alphas are partially invisible which can be turned off

> 2533274895508405;1:

I don’t see how that is a problem. Everyone compares this Infection to the one from reach but reach also had increased infected movement with evade. Thrusters = New Evade.

Can someone please link me to where this information was released?

I don’t see an issue here. The only problem I see is someone too blinded by nostalgia to give a potentially amazing game mode a chance. Seriously, people like you will just never be satisfied. “Give us infection” We get infection. “BUT YOU DIDN’T DO IT RIGHT!” Smh…

> 2533274895508405;1:
> - Assault Rifle starts (although they gave a reason)
> - power weapons on the map to mix things up a bit for both infected and uninfected (teamwork to take them down)
> - Alpha Zombies are partially invisible when moving slowly
> - Infected have thrusters to give them half a chance at dodging the power weapons
> - Last man standing gets infinite ammo but no overshield
>
> What is this?
> one of the many game modes