why 343 add nameplates,recon,customchallenges back

this is something that bugs me why was nameplates and recon taken away, they were tied to bungie.com but what was stopping them from just putting them back in, i don’t think it was anything halo belonged to microsoft,bungie just made the game, and i’m pretty sure halo.bungie.com is a Microsoft domain because silver light and a bunch of other of Microsoft stuff was on there

and if you say the nameplates are exclusively tied to the stats halo.bungie.net stats well 343 has halo 2 stats on their site so the halo 2,3,and odst nameplates so some of data can be repurposed into

its probably too late ask this at this point for this but is it so hard to patch this back in the game

and custom challenges were under 343’s control so they could probably add back easily

> 2533274878478766;1:
> this is something that bugs me why was nameplates and recon taken away, they were tied to bungie.com but what was stopping them from just putting them back in

At some point you need to stop supporting legacy features and as a company that wanted to push forward with new products, it becomes harder and harder to keep resources available to handle very old projects. Eventually it comes to a point when it’s a security risk

> 2533274878478766;1:
> its probably too late ask this at this point for this but is it so hard to patch this back in the game

Likely yes. You need people familiar enough with the software to make the updates, potentially the relevant environments to locally build and test and somewhere to deploy to. That’s a lot of resources, and as I mentioned above potential security risks for running outdated software, for something that people just don’t really use any more.

The nameplate stuff was originally tied to Bungie’s website, but that’s not necessarily something they would have needed or wanted to pass to 343. It’s also possible that at the time 343 didn’t want to take on that extra work.

> 2533274878478766;1:
> and custom challenges were under 343’s control so they could probably add back easily

These were discusontinue for a reason and wqon’t be coming back I’m afraid

> 2533274813317074;2:
> > 2533274878478766;1:
> > this is something that bugs me why was nameplates and recon taken away, they were tied to bungie.com but what was stopping them from just putting them back in
>
> At some point you need to stop supporting legacy features and as a company that wanted to push forward with new products, it becomes harder and harder to keep resources available to handle very old projects. Eventually it comes to a point when it’s a security risk
>
>
> > 2533274878478766;1:
> > its probably too late ask this at this point for this but is it so hard to patch this back in the game
>
> Likely yes. You need people familiar enough with the software to make the updates, potentially the relevant environments to locally build and test and somewhere to deploy to. That’s a lot of resources, and as I mentioned above potential security risks for running outdated software, for something that people just don’t really use any more.
>
> The nameplate stuff was originally tied to Bungie’s website, but that’s not necessarily something they would have needed or wanted to pass to 343. It’s also possible that at the time 343 didn’t want to take on that extra work.
>
>
> > 2533274878478766;1:
> > and custom challenges were under 343’s control so they could probably add back easily
>
> These were discusontinue for a reason and wqon’t be coming back I’m afraid

“new projects” never go well for 343, maintaining legacy games to a high standard would have them on a much higher pedistool in the halo community

I understand your frustration as far as nameplates go. I deserve to put at least one of the nameplates on my Reach account, I cry myself to sleep sometimes thinking about it.

I was able to change my one last time before 343 took over I have the 7th columns on my halo reach

> 2533274860654383;5:
> I was able to change my one last time before 343 took over I have the 7th columns on my halo reach

i have odst on my old old old account, its the longest but not one i like,shame i was 11 then and didnt have any computer skill at all, i dont even know how i got to bungie.net at all, i even didnt get eternal flames because i couldnt understand how to login to xbox live on mobile.While it would be amazing to re-enable nameplates i dont think 343 received the code from bungie since it was all on the bungie site/in their app which is still fully controlled by bungie.
Recon was also on bungie.net, enabling 343.net or whatever wouldnt bring that back.
Besides, all the halo code on bungie.net was prolly deleted years ago.

> 2535465773016902;6:
> > 2533274860654383;5:
> > I was able to change my one last time before 343 took over I have the 7th columns on my halo reach
>
> i have odst on my old old old account, its the longest but not one i like,shame i was 11 then and didnt have any computer skill at all, i dont even know how i got to bungie.net at all, i even didnt get eternal flames because i couldnt understand how to login to xbox live on mobile.While it would be amazing to re-enable nameplates i dont think 343 received the code from bungie since it was all on the bungie site/in their app which is still fully controlled by bungie.
> Recon was also on bungie.net, enabling 343.net or whatever wouldnt bring that back.
> Besides, all the halo code on bungie.net was prolly deleted years ago.

I wish they would bring it back or do an updated version,I was kind of disappointed that they didn’t give a special emblem for beating the halo 5 campaign legendary solo

> 2533274860654383;7:
> > 2535465773016902;6:
> > > 2533274860654383;5:
> > > I was able to change my one last time before 343 took over I have the 7th columns on my halo reach
> >
> > i have odst on my old old old account, its the longest but not one i like,shame i was 11 then and didnt have any computer skill at all, i dont even know how i got to bungie.net at all, i even didnt get eternal flames because i couldnt understand how to login to xbox live on mobile.While it would be amazing to re-enable nameplates i dont think 343 received the code from bungie since it was all on the bungie site/in their app which is still fully controlled by bungie.
> > Recon was also on bungie.net, enabling 343.net or whatever wouldnt bring that back.
> > Besides, all the halo code on bungie.net was prolly deleted years ago.
>
> I wish they would bring it back or do an updated version,I was kind of disappointed that they didn’t give a special emblem for beating the halo 5 campaign legendary solo

halo 5 took like 30 mins to complete,its not worthy of an achievment

> 2535465773016902;8:
> > 2533274860654383;7:
> > > 2535465773016902;6:
> > > > 2533274860654383;5:
> > > > I was able to change my one last time before 343 took over I have the 7th columns on my halo reach
> > >
> > > i have odst on my old old old account, its the longest but not one i like,shame i was 11 then and didnt have any computer skill at all, i dont even know how i got to bungie.net at all, i even didnt get eternal flames because i couldnt understand how to login to xbox live on mobile.While it would be amazing to re-enable nameplates i dont think 343 received the code from bungie since it was all on the bungie site/in their app which is still fully controlled by bungie.
> > > Recon was also on bungie.net, enabling 343.net or whatever wouldnt bring that back.
> > > Besides, all the halo code on bungie.net was prolly deleted years ago.
> >
> > I wish they would bring it back or do an updated version,I was kind of disappointed that they didn’t give a special emblem for beating the halo 5 campaign legendary solo
>
> halo 5 took like 30 mins to complete,its not worthy of an achievment

The only trouble I had was the breaking,and that was the warden’s fight