Who's the enemy?

What will be the primary enemy we’ll be facing in Halo 4? It’s said We’ll fight an “Ancient Evil” but that could mean a number of things. Like the Flood, perhaps Forerunner, maybe even a human civilization. Because what could be more evil than humanity itself, know what I mean? What are your thoughts on this?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

I’m expecting something new, but who knows, I could be wrong.

> I’m expecting something new, but who knows, I could be wrong.

Something fresh would be neat.

I’m hoping for something completley new. A whole new faction to fight.

The Timeless One, Medicant Bias, The Didact, The Flood, who knows?

We’re fighting…EVERYONE. Precursors, Flood, ONI.

Well…no idea. Chief agaisnt Everyone Else would be awesome though.

You know, I’m going to stop trying to figure this out. As of now, there are so many possible enemies that we’ll be fighting that I can’t wrap my head around the idea.

Forerunners
Precursors
Elites
Venezians/Insurrectionalists
Brutes
Newly formed Covenant
ONI itself
Flood
A Totally Different Species
Certain rebellious Forerunners

The possibilities are endless.

I’m pretty sure that it’s going to be the timeless one.

hopefully not the flood nor a “reunited” Covenant

> You know, I’m going to stop trying to figure this out. As of now, there are so many possible enemies that we’ll be fighting that I can’t wrap my head around the idea.
>
> Forerunners
> Precursors
> Elites
> Venezians/Insurrectionalists
> Brutes
> Newly formed Covenant
> ONI itself
> Flood
> A Totally Different Species
> <mark>Certain rebellious Forerunners</mark>
>
> The possibilities are endless.

There are none of those…

My vote? Precursors, at least to some extent anyway

in the trailer i saw a robot or something… kind of looked like a scarab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF4AQ6t2kOo
I think that is relevant.

On topic: I’m going with the Precursors for now.

some friendly or evil covenant better be in halo 4 or halo 5 if not halo will never be as good in my eyes

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

hello… this is my first post :D!

okay well I was thinking the same thing of who the enemy was and was doing some research on halo and found out there was one last surviving precursor who might be like the main enemy because if you looked at the concept art video, at the end there was an image of like a precursor which fits the description… I kinda canceled out forerunner from being the enemy as they wanted to protect humans and thought they were “specialz”

my moneys on the alien civilization that crashed on the halo ring (that was shown in the CEA terminals)

> Because what could be more evil than humanity itself,

Maybe the ones who created the humans in the first place(The precursors):wink:

But I believe that we will meet some new “human-looking” creatures in Halo4, maybe forerunners or ancient humans(Not necessarily hostile). Because that crashed ship in CEA Terminal 5 looks very similar to the ones shown at the second last image in the halo 4 artwork trailer. The ships shown there seems to be taking off from an halo ring with volcanic activity(maybe installation 03?), and some human-looking creatures are overlooking the takeoff. Maybe it is an group of surviving forerunners or ancient humans? In terminal 8, 343GS speculates in what would happened if just one of the rings didn’t fire.
Maybe one ring was hijacked by some rebellion forerunners or some secret surviving ancient humans, and that’s why the flood survived the rings, and some ancient creatures were able to crash on installation 04 in terminal 5?

If the enemy is the timeless one then we will have only one creature for the whole trilogy.