Who's exited for Halo 2 Anniversary?

An anniversary edition of Halo 2 has been confirmed, denied, and confirmed again. So the Halo community can’t be entirely sure if it’s going to happen or not. But who would like to see an updated Halo 2, and what do you want 343 to do with it?

I for one, would love to see Halo 2 in glorious HD graphics. I love what they did with CE Anniversary and I think they should implement those same changes. A graphical update, new weapon sounds, new environment sounds, but the same Halo 2 combat and gameplay that we know and love. I don’t feel like the ability to switch back and forth between good and terrible graphics is a necessity this time around, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Also, they better not touch the voice acting. They didn’t last time, but who knows how carried away they’ll get with “improving”. Michelle Rodriguez and David Cross give the game so much character as the marines following you through the campaign and the experience really wouldn’t be the same without them and the rest of the cast.

And would you guys like to see a resurrection of Halo 2’s online multiplayer? Or would updated versions of classic maps (played on Halo 4/5’s multiplayer engine) be enough? Opinions, thoughts?

Halo 2’s campaign in HD with Halo 2 maps for Halo 5 that don’t play like the originals at all.

No thanks.

Now if the multiplayer was the same, perhaps.

A rep from 343i recently (several weeks before Halo 4’s release) said that a Halo 2 remake was NOT in the works. Haven’t heard anything since then. Who knows?

> A rep from 343i recently (several weeks before Halo 4’s release) said that a Halo 2 remake was NOT in the works. Haven’t heard anything since then. Who knows?

Because every company reveals what they are working on two years before a release.

before Halo 5 or after?

I wouldn’t buy it, if its $60. $30 though…I’m game.

It would definitely be on the next console considering it was released in 2004. So it will most likely be in 2014. I started in halo 3 and missed the peak of H2 MM. And I found the campaign hard to follow. So maybe a remake would bring the game justice to me.

wait…what? Is it confirmed or not?

> It would definitely be on the next console considering it was released in 2004. So it will most likely be in 2014. I started in halo 3 and missed the peak of H2 MM. And I found the campaign hard to follow. So maybe a remake would bring the game justice to me.

good point, itll prolly come out 2014.

also they said they might do halo wars 2…

Also, they confirmed they’re making the next call of duty. They denied Battlefield 7, but later confirmed it again.

See, I can say stuff too.

Source or it didn’t happen.

> I wouldn’t buy it, if its $60. $30 though…I’m game.

I would pay 200 if it was exactly the same… hell I would pay just to turn the old Halo 2 servers back on.

I think they may be scheming one for the Xbox 720, buuuuttt…

I certainly haven’t exited yet.

They should NOT do it like they did with Combat Evolved. Sure, the campaign was exactly the same and it was great playing it with the amazing HD graphics. The multiplayer though, was nothing like Halo CE. It had the Reach engine and it’s impossible to make the game the same as it was back in the day. If they make a Halo 2 anniversary edition, the multiplayer will be nothing like Halo 2, no matter how hard they try.

They just need to release Halo 2 in HD, and open up the servers. It saves them time, they won’t have to change a thing. It’s a win win situation.

It would be nice to have all halo 2 mm maps in remake and not like in halo cea where they just remake few maps

Not interested at all. Too much will probably change. If they kept the graphics and gameplay, I’d get it happily.

A remake will probably be the only chance I’ll have at playing H2. Can’t find the game in my home town. I’ve seen the cut scenes and heard all the nostalgia I need to know it’s epic. All I think they really need to do to the game is update the graphics to HD. leave everything else alone and it should be a great remake. From what I’ve heard the game is better than perfect and if it isn’t broke then don’t try to fix it.

> A remake will probably be the only chance I’ll have at playing H2. Can’t find the game in my home town. I’ve seen the cut scenes and heard all the nostalgia I need to know it’s epic. All I think they really need to do to the game is update the graphics to HD. leave everything else alone and it should be a great remake. From what I’ve heard the game is better than perfect and if it isn’t broke then don’t try to fix it.

There’s always the internet…Amazon has copies.

Just ordered myself a copy of H2 PC. Can’t be bothered with XBC after reading reviews.

I agree with the others. Turn on Halo 2 servers. Nothing more. The graphics are fine, the maps are plenty and it plays fun.

Super jumps and sword cancelling, i don’t care, either way.

I just want the Halo fun back!

I dream about looking out into the center of High Charity in glorious this(or next)-gen HD.