Who's Excited for a Classic Playlist!?

After ske7ch’s announcement last week of a classic playlist being incoming, I am so excited and pumped for it. I love Halo 5 and it’s mechanics, but I would like to play a stripped-down, simplified, classic version of matchmaking in Halo 5. Definitely looking forward to it’s release, hopefully in the next update. What are all your thoughts?

I can’t wait myself as I have always been of the opinion that less is more with Halo. It’s such a great game in its purest form. I’m wondering if this will be ranked or social tho.

I’ll be playing it nonstop. It’ll be interesting to see. I know it’s a bit early to know, but is it going to be a weekend playlist or a permanent playlist?

I’m hoping this will reignite some feeling of passion for Halo 5 in me, but I’m not holding my breath. It may be too little too late. It may be a classic playlist but if it doesn’t have classic game types it’ll be pointless. We need to have Assault, one bomb, multi bomb, CTF classic, one flag, neutral flag, KotH, crazy King, 3 plots, territories. It also needs to have classic rules no gun use carrying flag or bomb. If these aren’t included in the playlist then the playlist is pointless.

> 2812739231567241;4:
> I’m hoping this will reignite some feeling of passion for Halo 5 in me, but I’m not holding my breath. It may be too little too late. It may be a classic playlist but if it doesn’t have classic game types it’ll be pointless. We need to have Assault, one bomb, multi bomb, CTF classic, one flag, neutral flag, KotH, crazy King, 3 plots, territories. It also needs to have classic rules no gun use carrying flag or bomb. If these aren’t included in the playlist then the playlist is pointless.

You actually make a really good point and cause me to also hold off on my excitement now… but for the opposite reasons I guess.

If there isn’t a classic playlist with strictly slayer only I will be extremely disappointed and would probably never really play it.

I’m excited for it. I hope they make different versions of it like a Halo CE version, Halo 2 version, or even a Halo 3 version. I hope they make those types of variations.

I’m excited as well, but it’ll take some time for me to adapt to it

> 2533274913913392;1:
> After ske7ch’s announcement last week of a classic playlist being incoming, I am so excited and pumped for it. I love Halo 5 and it’s mechanics, but I would like to play a stripped-down, simplified, classic version of matchmaking in Halo 5. Definitely looking forward to it’s release, hopefully in the next update. What are all your thoughts?

> 2812739231567241;4:
> I’m hoping this will reignite some feeling of passion for Halo 5 in me, but I’m not holding my breath. It may be too little too late. It may be a classic playlist but if it doesn’t have classic game types it’ll be pointless. We need to have Assault, one bomb, multi bomb, CTF classic, one flag, neutral flag, KotH, crazy King, 3 plots, territories. It also needs to have classic rules no gun use carrying flag or bomb. If these aren’t included in the playlist then the playlist is pointless.

> 2535409489305717;6:
> I’m excited for it. I hope they make different versions of it like a Halo CE version, Halo 2 version, or even a Halo 3 version. I hope they make those types of variations.

I hate to rain on your parade but I hope you realize that a classic playlist in halo 5 will feel absolutely NOTHING like any of the previous Halos. To do that they would have to rework the code, rebalance the weapons, change maps a bit, and do a whole lot of extra work, which I doubt they’ll do when they won’t put playable elites in the game.

I’d keep my hopes extremely low, especially seeing as when they made the Halo 4 classic playlist it included sprint. A classic playlist is more than just no abilities or sprint, and when it comes out, you’ll realize just how different it is.

> 2533274797328974;2:
> I can’t wait myself as I have always been of the opinion that less is more with Halo. It’s such a great game in its purest form. I’m wondering if this will be ranked or social tho.

I am definitely hoping it will be ranked. I wouldn’t mind the breakout playlist being replaced…

> 2533274939961451;3:
> I’ll be playing it nonstop. It’ll be interesting to see. I know it’s a bit early to know, but is it going to be a weekend playlist or a permanent playlist?

Don’t know yet but hopefully permanent.

> 2535406272231884;8:
> I hate to rain on your parade but I hope you realize that a classic playlist in halo 5 will feel absolutely NOTHING like any of the previous Halos. To do that they would have to rework the code, rebalance the weapons, change maps a bit, and do a whole lot of extra work, which I doubt they’ll do when they won’t put playable elites in the game.
>
> I’d keep my hopes extremely low, especially seeing as when they made the Halo 4 classic playlist it included sprint. A classic playlist is more than just no abilities or sprint, and when it comes out, you’ll realize just how different it is.

What are you expecting dude? Each Halo has played differently than the others. Halo 2 was extremely different than CE, 3 was quite different than 2, etc. Which one are you hoping it will play like? Exactly like Halo 3? That’s unrealistic. Id just like to see it retain that classic vibe and spirit, no sprint or abilities. I’m not expecting it to feel exactly like Halo 1, 2, or 3. Its a playlist. A playlist paying homage to the old games. Its not gonna be an entirely new game like 2A.

I’m excited for any playlist you know?

yeah sounds awesome

Ok well I hate to dampen everyone’s excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I’m covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It’ll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it’s Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible). I’ll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week.

> 2780570662795584;12:
> Ok well I hate to dampen everyone’s excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I’m covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It’ll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it’s Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible). I’ll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week.

Oh, but thanks for the update man!

> 2780570662795584;12:
> Ok well I hate to dampen everyone’s excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I’m covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It’ll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it’s Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible). I’ll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week.

Isn’t the CE pistol in Halo 5 more powerful than the original? Okay I haven’t played Halo 5 yet but it seems to have faster animations at the very least. Still, it’s good that there’s going to be an anniversary playlist celebrating 15 years of Halo!

> 2535442569875751;14:
> > 2780570662795584;12:
> > Ok well I hate to dampen everyone’s excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I’m covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It’ll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it’s Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible). I’ll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week.
>
>
> Isn’t the CE pistol in Halo 5 more powerful than the original? Okay I haven’t played Halo 5 yet but it seems to have faster animations at the very least. Still, it’s good that there’s going to be an anniversary playlist celebrating 15 years of Halo!

More powerful yes, faster melees, reloads, I think the ammo capacity though decreased by 1 clip I think. Oh yeah no projectile speed, just hits can.

> 2535442569875751;14:
> > 2780570662795584;12:
> > Ok well I hate to dampen everyone’s excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I’m covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It’ll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it’s Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible). I’ll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week.
>
>
> Isn’t the CE pistol in Halo 5 more powerful than the original? Okay I haven’t played Halo 5 yet but it seems to have faster animations at the very least. Still, it’s good that there’s going to be an anniversary playlist celebrating 15 years of Halo!

Here’s a comparison video. Description says that ROF, damage, and scope magnification is same, and that Halo 5’s animations are faster.

> 2535437652903765;16:
> > 2535442569875751;14:
> > > 2780570662795584;12:
> > > Ok well I hate to dampen everyone’s excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I’m covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It’ll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it’s Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a ‘classic’ gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc…) but I’m not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it’s technically even possible). I’ll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week.
> >
> >
> > Isn’t the CE pistol in Halo 5 more powerful than the original? Okay I haven’t played Halo 5 yet but it seems to have faster animations at the very least. Still, it’s good that there’s going to be an anniversary playlist celebrating 15 years of Halo!
>
>
> Here’s a comparison video. Description says that ROF, damage, and scope magnification is same, and that Halo 5’s animations are faster.

I actually watched that exact same video before my comment just to make sure I wasn’t remembering incorrectly.

I got a good feeling that the Classic playlist will be included in the next content update along with other goodies (hopefully on Halo’s 15th birthday).

> 2780570662795584;12:

Thanks for the clarification.

However, if it’s not “technically even possible” to make a playlist with sprinting disabled, clamber disabled, etc., even though we can disable that stuff for custom games, then that is some pretty poor playlist creation tools 343 has built for itself.

> 2811398874529013;19:
> > 2780570662795584;12:
>
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> However, if it’s not “technically even possible” to make a playlist with sprinting disabled, clamber disabled, etc., even though we can disable that stuff for custom games, then that is some pretty poor playlist creation tools 343 has built for itself.

I was going to write this exact same thing, but I didn’t want to be rude (in some way) to Ske7ch. But I am right behind you, all of these CAN be turned off in the custom games settings, and health,etc. can also be adjusted to alter weapon effectiveness and speed/jump/gravity can be edited. The real only things that can’t be fixed are aim assist values on weapons.

I think that a classic playlist with no Spartan abilities, while certainly no Halo 2/3, would be fairly close. Since the settings can be adjusted in custom games, I’d be surprised to hear that it is ‘impossible.’ Maps? Forge has got that covered.