Whole EU loby US severs

Playing against 4 eu pros first game it was a US server than we got an EU one after someone please explain

343i have removed region lock which basically means they have screwed the game up with high latency games for thousands of players around the world for the benefit of other players being able to find games when they otherwise weren’t able to find any at all particularly in off-peak hours. It really is a brain dead decision for 343i to do this and is most likely done to appease the streamers that have apparently been publicly vocal about not finding games.

haha ya, many of those streamers laggin now. Need to put it back, until Theres a better solution, this is working for no one basically. and those who can get no games need to accept it until further notice or get a refund from 343i. because this makes people not play. we were/are growing when the game was working. as it is now its not recommendable.

So me lagging recently isnt all my internets fault

You say you got put in a US server, then an EU server, which is obviously a lie because there’s no way to know what server you’re in

> 2535427449854650;5:
> You say you got put in a US server, then an EU server, which is obviously a lie because there’s no way to know what server you’re in

maybe they talked to eachothers, if it was a scrim. and the one lagging knows that he must be playing on a server far from him.

So they switched region lock off now? This explains two things. One: I’ve started running into Americans again. Two: The amount of malarky deaths has gone through the roof again. Damn, latency is dreadful and I feel for 343 on this one - they just can’t win.

> 2535427449854650;5:
> You say you got put in a US server, then an EU server, which is obviously a lie because there’s no way to know what server you’re in

there are several 3rd party solutions to monitor what servers you’re connecting to…

> 2533274801973487;8:
> > 2535427449854650;5:
> > You say you got put in a US server, then an EU server, which is obviously a lie because there’s no way to know what server you’re in
>
>
> there are several 3rd party solutions to monitor what servers you’re connecting to…

This is right there are ways to find out what servers you are playing on here’s what I got on Friday. (I am in the EU)
1 game on EU north
7 games on US south
3 games on US east
1 games on US north
2 games on US central

> 2535409992662604;9:
> > 2533274801973487;8:
> > > 2535427449854650;5:
> > > You say you got put in a US server, then an EU server, which is obviously a lie because there’s no way to know what server you’re in
> >
> >
> > there are several 3rd party solutions to monitor what servers you’re connecting to…
>
>
> This is right there are ways to find out what servers you are playing on here’s what I got on Friday. (I am in the EU)
> 1 game on EU north
> 7 games on US south
> 3 games on US east
> 1 games on US north
> 2 games on US central

sounds fun…
I can’t wait for the Gears 4 beta to start…

I’ve not had an increase in latency lag is just the same as it was before

if any thing the games are more fun cause US players tend to be on the mic more and I can have some one who actaully speaks english. I’ve never even heard any one from the UK on the mic yet

> 2601632999026533;7:
> So they switched region lock off now? This explains two things. One: I’ve started running into Americans again. Two: The amount of malarky deaths has gone through the roof again. Damn, latency is dreadful and I feel for 343 on this one - they just can’t win.

  1. Correct. All UK/EU players will now find themselves connecting to US servers and playing high latency games against US players.
  2. Correct. This is because of high latency caused by connecting to US servers and playing against US players (FYI: US players have openly admitted that they find getting kills much easier again when they come against UK players, where as some complain that UK/EU players teleport all over the place).

…and finally…

3: Incorrect: 343i can win by employing an experienced and knowledgeable network and development that is capable of implementing a solution that will provide players with the option to search by fast ping (ie regional server) or fast search time (ie any server). This doesn’t have to be a black/white situation with region lock on/off…its just that they seem incapable or just too lazy to provide a reasonable solution.

> 2533274962122285;11:
> I’ve not had an increase in latency lag is just the same as it was before
>
> if any thing the games are more fun cause US players tend to be on the mic more and I can have some one who actaully speaks english. I’ve never even heard any one from the UK on the mic yet

I’ve just checked your service record…if you’re from the UK then go and play some Arena games (other than BTB) and tell me that you can’t tell the difference or spot issues with latency.

> 2533274962122285;11:
> I’ve not had an increase in latency lag is just the same as it was before
>
> if any thing the games are more fun cause US players tend to be on the mic more and I can have some one who actaully speaks english. I’ve never even heard any one from the UK on the mic yet

if you get put on an US server latency cannot be the same. its just not possible. unless you have been on US server all along or had a bad connection to a closer server.

also you have had 2 wins in the last 10 games i know this happens, but are you sure you havent been lagging, you seem to have some great stats.