Whoever designed the Halo 4 UI...

I’m sorry 343, but whoever designed the Halo 4 UI needs to really just be removed.

Whoever decided The Pokemon Card Style was better than The Old Style is just… I don’t know.

The Reach/Halo 3 Menu’s were Crisp, Clean, easy to navigate. The Halo 4 Menu’s are Cluttered, and while 343 tried to make everything crisp and clean, became overdone and unappealing.

If it is impossible to change this in Halo 4, I would prefer to see the old menu style return in Halo 5.

I agree, really didn’t like the UI in Halo 4; I got used to it but I thought Reach really had one of the best UI’s of any (complex) game ever. Reach’s UI just worked seamlessly, being able to move over to your name and then see at the same time your Spartan/Elite come into view was really slick, literally thinking outside the box (substitute box for screen and it makes a lil more sense).

I agree with you completely, Halo 5 needs a different, revamped UI.

I liked the Halo 3 menu user interface the best. You didn’t have to back out, and then go to another lobby (And everytime get the question if you would like to leave). It was very fast and at the same time good looking. Halo Reach got the part right where you only had to scroll over a gamertag to see it’s spartan and stats. I think that mixing Halo 3’s fast user interface with the option to just scroll over gamertags would be the most practical.

Yes Halo 4’s does feel cluttered, I really enjoyed Reach’s.

Also to add would be the fact that when you click on a friends name to see their game information, 343 has limited what information you get.

It used to tell you you’re friend and who they were playing with (If they’re on your friends list as well), what playlist, gametype, time remaining, and top score. Right now, you get what playlist, and if it is open or closed.

I liked Reach’s the best because it had cool pictures in the background or forge , firefight and matchmaking etc. Looked really crisp and clear.

Reach’s is the best, IMO.

I think I’m the only person I know who had an easier time with Halo 4’s UI as opposed to previous titles…

I like 4’s for me. Simple to navigate, not too much detail. The only thing I wish I could see is a little more data on my friend’s profiles such as medals, K/D, etc without having to go to way point.

I think the cards look great, but fail to relay to me information about who I am up against, are they try hards? Are they a party of friends? Can I take it easy and relax this game? Will I need my mic? Do I have to use my Tryhard loadout or can I chill and work on that plasma pistol commendation?

The User Interface does little to Interact witih this User… All I see is armor and an SR rank… All of which mean nothing. I’d rather see a win loss ratio… Give me an idea of what I am in for please.

Also, if friends are in a game… The only way to see how long the have left before times up, is to click “join.” I would like that info in “party details” so I can see it without joining.

> Also to add would be the fact that when you click on a friends name to see their game information, 343 has limited what information you get.
>
> It used to tell you you’re friend and who they were playing with (If they’re on your friends list as well), what playlist, gametype, time remaining, and top score. Right now, you get what playlist, and if it is open or closed.

I actually don’t know why they have that feature. It has the same exact information displayed when you highlight a friend’s tag to begin with.

It’s stupid and unnecessarily redundant.

> I actually don’t know why they have that feature. It has the same exact information displayed when you highlight a friend’s tag to begin with.
>
> It’s stupid and unnecessarily redundant.

I know it just helped me with things like “I’m joining these guys, but they’re in Big Team Battle with 12 minutes to go. I can probably get a quick TS game in”

I agree, the UI is a big step back from Reach. Reach’s was so good.

I HATE how sometimes when you’re viewing another players stats it will change to another player without you having done anything.

> I agree, the UI is a big step back from Reach. Reach’s was so good.

I heard it was the same -Yoink- who designed Windows 8.

> I heard it was the same -Yoink!- who designed Windows 8.

Wouldn’t shock me

I hate to agree, but I ahve to. Halo 4’s UI is all around terrible. On the website, post game, menu’s, all of it. Why can’t I just click on my name after a match and see my K/D, most killed, medals and everything else, like 3/reach had. And by the time I get to see all the things I want to see, a new match has started.

It’s a shame. The game itself would be okay if the menu’s and UI wasn’t so -Yoink!- awful. Remember 343, even going from match to match we still spend about 30% of out time in menu’s. At least next time make them easy to navigate.

I loved the Halo 3 layout. Halo 4 on the other hand looks unorganized or too spaced out.

I feel like this was yet another thing they changed just for the sake of change and the game was hurt by it. The classic Halo UI has been a work in progress since Halo 1 that had achieved virtual perfection by Halo 3/Reach. Not a fan of the new one.

> I feel like this was yet another thing they changed just for the sake of change and the game was hurt by it. The classic Halo UI has been a work in progress since Halo 1 that had achieved virtual perfection by Halo 3/Reach. Not a fan of the new one.

Exactly my feeling. It feels like, because they are a new studio, EVERYTHING has to be touched by them so that it’s no longer “Bungie’s Halo”.

And when it backfired, now 343 will get the blame.