Who would you rather play as in Halo 5?

I’d rather play as MC, but I wouldn’t mind playing as Locke for the majority of the campaign if it serves to humanize the chief.

Too early to say for me.

I’m definitely interested in playing as both. I picked MC though.

> 2535411125532250;2:
> I’d rather play as MC, but I wouldn’t mind playing as Locke for the majority of the campaign if it serves to humanize the chief.

I dont understand this whole wanting the chief to be humanized thing. I like thatt he s2s are nearly emotionless killing machines. If 343 makes the chief cry, I wont buy anymore games from them.

> 2533274826534201;5:
> > 2535411125532250;2:
> > I’d rather play as MC, but I wouldn’t mind playing as Locke for the majority of the campaign if it serves to humanize the chief.
>
>
> I dont understand this whole wanting the chief to be humanized thing. I like thatt he s2s are nearly emotionless killing machines. If 343 makes the chief cry, I wont buy anymore games from them.

It doesn’t make for a long-lasting character. Sure, it was great in the first trilogy, but two whole trilogies of Master Chief killing everything while barely speaking gets old fast.

The Arbiter

No arbiter option?

> 2533274804597910;4:
> I’m definitely interested in playing as both. I picked MC though.

Agreed I love chief and i want keep fallowing his story, That being said i am very excited to see what they do with Locke

The whole thing about humanizing Chief isn’t what most people think it is.

Frank O Connor specifically stated that Chief won’t be human in Halo 5. He won’t act “weak” like he did at the end of Halo 4. He won’t have that much personality.

Chief is great at putting his emotions to the side and letting his actions speak out in front of people. He’s the “don’t think. Just do it” type guy. The more pain Chief feels, the more he’s willing to fight back. Rather than cower and runaway.

What many have gathered is that in Halo 5, Chief WILL have character development. It’s just not in a way that involves making him human. Instead it’s the EXACT opposite. He’s going to act even MORE of an unstoppable machine.

After Cortana’s death, Chief has been taking actions more often without having a second thought. He’s been more reckless and unyielding. Which goes back to my 3rd paragraph.

So in Halo 5, he will be even more of an emotionless killing machine. The character development part comes in when we find out that his actions end up destroying him. We will either be in Chief’s shoes and witness it. Or we will be Locke and watch as Chief is ultimately damaging himself. This was also hinted in Escalation.

It respects the character as well as having good character development.

> 2533274844258015;8:
> No arbiter option?

I meant as a primary protagonist, sorry for the confusion.

I think that this would be a better question:
Who would you rather play as in Halo 5, Arby or MC?
Personally, I think I would like to play as Arby. Don’t get me wrong, I love MC, but we haven’t played as Arby as much as we have played as MC.

Hey guys. I’m in agreement with the majority of you. I’d rather Chief be the primary protagonist, but I’d like to see Locke and the Arbiter as companion/co op characters. Thanks for the feedback!

> 2533274844258015;8:
> No arbiter option?

I meant as a primary protagonist, sorry for the confusion. But I do believe the Arbiter will be playable in some way.

> 2535445384929064;12:
> I think that this would be a better question:
> Who would you rather play as in Halo 5, Arby or MC?

I meant as a primary protagonist, so if chief’s not there will Locke replace him as the main protagonist ? But I’m sure Arbiter will be playable in some way. Thanks for the feedback though.

> 2533274949216347;10:
> The whole thing about humanizing Chief isn’t what most people think it is.
>
> Frank O Connor specifically stated that Chief won’t be human in Halo 5. He won’t act “weak” like he did at the end of Halo 4. He won’t have that much personality.
>
> Chief is great at putting his emotions to the side and letting his actions speak out in front of people. He’s the “don’t think. Just do it” type guy. The more pain Chief feels, the more he’s willing to fight back. Rather than cower and runaway.
>
> What many have gathered is that in Halo 5, Chief WILL have character development. It’s just not in a way that involves making him human. Instead it’s the EXACT opposite. He’s going to act even MORE of an unstoppable machine.
>
> After Cortana’s death, Chief has been taking actions more often without having a second thought. He’s been more reckless and unyielding. Which goes back to my 3rd paragraph.
>
> So in Halo 5, he will be even more of an emotionless killing machine. The character development part comes in when we find out that his actions end up destroying him. We will either be in Chief’s shoes and witness it. Or we will be Locke and watch as Chief is ultimately damaging himself. This was also hinted in Escalation.
>
> It respects the character as well as having good character development.

Very true.

Chief of my own spartan.

Halo 2 was my first Halo game, and the Arbiter missions were my favorite missions in the game. Halo Reach was the second Halo game I ever played, and is still perhaps my favorite (overall) Halo game. I thoroughly enjoyed ODST as well.

It really doesn’t matter to me. I don’t need to play as the master chief to enjoy Halo. Chief is perhaps the most-charismatic character, but there is a lot of characters like that in Halo, and he’s still by no means the strongest; he’s no better at killing aliens than the rest of Blue Team.

I’d rather play as Locke to get a new perspective on the story. Kinda tired of Chief to be honest, way more interesting stories to tell out there.

Obviously both, but I voted Locke for two reasons. One, it’ll give us a valuable new perspective on the story, and two, because I want to Ground Pound a horde of grunts.

> 2533274932540799;20:
> Obviously both, but I voted Locke for two reasons. One, it’ll give us a valuable new perspective on the story, and two, because I want to Ground Pound a horde of grunts.

Who says the Chief can’t Ground Pound?