who would win in a 1 v 1 fight

cpt keyes or cpt del rio

Captain Keyes is defiant to the end and Captain Del rio always brings his ships home when the battle isn’t even finished yet.

Keyes. He’s more than a captain than Del Rio can ever be.

I have never seen Del Rio firing. Keyes seems like a good shot shooting all those infection forms…

So my bet is on Keyes. Besides, Del Rio is a bully that panicked when the Chief disobeyed him.

Keyes. Dude is willing to fight and understood what he is going into when he signed up for the job.

Del Rio would rather run. Which finally bit him in the bum when the Didact “followed” him and broke the Cole Protocol.

Undetermined, we’ve never seen Del Rio fight, but if Keyes was in Del Rios place on Requiem and stayed to fight the Ur-Didact that would of been suicide, so Del Rio did the right thing

Keyes has the CE Pistol.

/thread.

The Cole Protocol proved useless after Earth was discovered in Halo 2. But still served it’s use even when Earth was discovered since the other colonies were still needed to be protected.

So, it ceased to exist by the time the Human-Covenant war was over. Del Rio was forced to step down when the Didact attacked Earth and seeing it would have been prevented had he listened to Chief.

> Keyes. Dude is willing to fight and understood what he is going into when he signed up for the job.
>
>
> Del Rio would rather run. Which finally bit him in the bum when the Didact “followed” him and broke the Cole Protocol.

You know I love how people look at Del Rio in negative light

Let’s look at Del Rios situation

Trapped inside a Forerunner World

Captain of Humanities most powerful ship which is just as good as a supercarrier

Surrounded by Covenant ships and the Ur-Didacts ship, much more powerful than anything they’ve fought so it would destroy Infinity with ease and with Covenant ships hitting Infinity from all angles, it would go down quickly

A real breathing -Yoinking!- Forerunner who just so happens to be the general of the Forerunner military

We know how the last two first contact scenarios went with the Covenant and Flood, Humanity nearly destroyed

Infinity is all the Humans have really

Has 17,000 other people, civilan and military to lookout for

I still remember my first reaction of Del Rio yelling at the top of his lungs to the Chief.

“Master Chief, as the player, I order you to stomp Del Rio!”

My other question on Del Rio’s idiocy, he yells at the tallest and strongest person, who can punch a grunt in one hit that they die, is bigger than a normal person, and can take so much damage and still keep going.

The best part Chief said was “No, sir.” That shows how awesome he is.

> I still remember my first reaction of Del Rio yelling at the top of his lungs to the Chief.
>
> “Master Chief, as the player, I order you to stomp Del Rio!”
>
> My other question on Del Rio’s idiocy, he yells at the tallest and strongest person, who can punch a grunt in one hit that they die, is bigger than a normal person, and can take so much damage and still keep going.
>
> The best part Chief said was “No, sir.” That shows how awesome he is.

I think the reason Del rio was against the Chief is because he probably thought he was the all powerful one because he has control over humanities most powerful ship.

Btw you have to agree that Mark Rolston’s performance as Del rio was great right?

> I still remember my first reaction of Del Rio yelling at the top of his lungs to the Chief.
>
> “Master Chief, as the player, I order you to stomp Del Rio!”
>
> My other question on Del Rio’s idiocy, he yells at the tallest and strongest person, who can punch a grunt in one hit that they die, is bigger than a normal person, and can take so much damage and still keep going.
>
> The best part Chief said was “No, sir.” That shows how awesome he is.

Commanding officers tend to yell at soldiers who disobey direct orders. Del Rio wasn’t just yelling at Chief for no reason, Cortana showed clear signs of rampancy and was a danger to the Infinity. Legally, he had every right to take her and shut her down as per UNSC protocol.

Seriously, that whole scene is such an overrated mess.

> I still remember my first reaction of Del Rio yelling at the top of his lungs to the Chief.
>
> “Master Chief, as the player, I order you to stomp Del Rio!”
>
> My other question on Del Rio’s idiocy, <mark>he yells at the tallest and strongest person, who can punch a grunt in one hit that they die</mark>, is bigger than a normal person, and can take so much damage and still keep going.
>
> The best part Chief said was “No, sir.” That shows how awesome he is.

Chief wouldn’t hit a superior office

Chief was disobeying orders, Cortana shown them how far she had descended into rampancy, Del Rio was following protocol, Chief went against that

> > I still remember my first reaction of Del Rio yelling at the top of his lungs to the Chief.
> >
> > “Master Chief, as the player, I order you to stomp Del Rio!”
> >
> > My other question on Del Rio’s idiocy, he yells at the tallest and strongest person, who can punch a grunt in one hit that they die, is bigger than a normal person, and can take so much damage and still keep going.
> >
> > The best part Chief said was “No, sir.” That shows how awesome he is.
>
> Commanding officers tend to yell at soldiers who disobey direct orders. Del Rio wasn’t just yelling at Chief for no reason, Cortana showed clear signs of rampancy and was a danger to the Infinity. Legally, he had every right to take her and shut her down as per UNSC protocol.
>
> <mark>Seriously, that whole scene is such an overrated mess.</mark>

Elaborate.

> I think the reason Del rio was against the Chief is because he probably thought he was the all powerful one because he has control over humanities most powerful ship.
>
> Btw you have to agree that Mark Rolston’s performance as Del rio was great right?

Indeed his performance was. But I still hate Del Rio.

> > Keyes. Dude is willing to fight and understood what he is going into when he signed up for the job.
> >
> >
> > Del Rio would rather run. Which finally bit him in the bum when the Didact “followed” him and broke the Cole Protocol.
>
> You know I love how people look at Del Rio in negative light
>
> Let’s look at Del Rios situation
>
> Trapped inside a Forerunner World
>
> Captain of Humanities most powerful ship which is just as good as a supercarrier
>
> Surrounded by Covenant ships and the Ur-Didacts ship, much more powerful than anything they’ve fought so it would destroy Infinity with ease and with Covenant ships hitting Infinity from all angles, it would go down quickly
>
> A real breathing -Yoinking!- Forerunner who just so happens to be the general of the Forerunner military
>
> We know how the last two first contact scenarios went with the Covenant and Flood, Humanity nearly destroyed
>
> Infinity is all the Humans have really
>
> Has 17,000 other people, civilan and military to lookout for

Just looking at it from a Higher ups’ PoV: They had aliens, and it turned out that they want to wipe them off the galactic map.

Then we had another set of aliens and they too also wanted to wipe them off the face of the galactic map, except this time, they don’t care if there is a shiny artifact on it.

Del Rio technically couldn’t win. Even if the war is over, I would believe that the learned that you can’t bring friends over as they tend to break things, regardless of how big or shiny the ship you have.

> > > Keyes. Dude is willing to fight and understood what he is going into when he signed up for the job.
> > >
> > >
> > > Del Rio would rather run. Which finally bit him in the bum when the Didact “followed” him and broke the Cole Protocol.
> >
> > You know I love how people look at Del Rio in negative light
> >
> > Let’s look at Del Rios situation
> >
> > Trapped inside a Forerunner World
> >
> > Captain of Humanities most powerful ship which is just as good as a supercarrier
> >
> > Surrounded by Covenant ships and the Ur-Didacts ship, much more powerful than anything they’ve fought so it would destroy Infinity with ease and with Covenant ships hitting Infinity from all angles, it would go down quickly
> >
> > A real breathing -Yoinking!- Forerunner who just so happens to be the general of the Forerunner military
> >
> > We know how the last two first contact scenarios went with the Covenant and Flood, Humanity nearly destroyed
> >
> > Infinity is all the Humans have really
> >
> > Has 17,000 other people, civilan and military to lookout for
>
> Just looking at it from a Higher ups’ PoV: <mark>They had aliens, and it turned out that they want to wipe them off the galactic map.</mark>
>
>
> Then we had another set of aliens and they too also wanted to wipe them off the face of the galactic map, except this time, they don’t care if there is a shiny artifact on it.
>
>
>
> Del Rio technically couldn’t win. Even if the war is over, I would believe that the learned that you can’t bring friends over as they tend to break things, regardless of how big or shiny the ship you have.

Which the Covenant Remnant still want to do

I don’t understand your analogy, Del Rio tends to bring ships back in one piece

> > > I still remember my first reaction of Del Rio yelling at the top of his lungs to the Chief.
> > >
> > > “Master Chief, as the player, I order you to stomp Del Rio!”
> > >
> > > My other question on Del Rio’s idiocy, he yells at the tallest and strongest person, who can punch a grunt in one hit that they die, is bigger than a normal person, and can take so much damage and still keep going.
> > >
> > > The best part Chief said was “No, sir.” That shows how awesome he is.
> >
> > Commanding officers tend to yell at soldiers who disobey direct orders. Del Rio wasn’t just yelling at Chief for no reason, Cortana showed clear signs of rampancy and was a danger to the Infinity. Legally, he had every right to take her and shut her down as per UNSC protocol.
> >
> > <mark>Seriously, that whole scene is such an overrated mess.</mark>
>
> Elaborate.

Well people use it to show how Chief is such a badass and how Del Rio is such an -Yoink-, but I feel it has very little impact. Del Rio was made to be a throw-away character who only exists to make Chief look good. It’s not hard to be defiant to a jerk. Now if Del Rio had been calm and collected and logical, I think that scene would have a bigger impact.

After all, can we really blame Del Rio for being iffy about working with a Spartan who had been missing for 5 years just showing on a mysterious Forerunner planet with a defective AI who probably just tried to explain what some Forerunner ghost lady told him about the Didact and ancient humanity?

I can’t.

Keyes has a CE magnum, and even though he doesn’t keep it loaded, he can still beat delrio to death.

Yeah. It’s nice to know Keyes gives us an unloaded pistol. But I can go with that. I don’t need bullets.