Who wants to see combat in the ocean?

In Halo 4 who wants to see combat combat in the water like unsc ships and stuff like that discuss!

What’s the point of fighting in the ocean when you have spaceships?

It would be pretty cool. I am betting the bungie’s new ip will introduce some sort of water vehicle combat because they have been working on there water tech for so long. But in halo 4 who knows? maybe bungie will lend 343i some water tech advice??

k i’d like to see it in forge and MM instead of campaign, but who’s to say that it’s impossble? If you mean in the backround, yes that would be kind of cool. Plus, ships are technically canon. Ther are carrirers on longshore and ‘wet’ navy assets mentioned in Reach.

I don’t think I’d like to see it, unless it’s something like storming a ship, like in Modern Warfare. That said, I couldn’t really see that making sense in a Halo game as Master Chief, so no. I don’t think it would be very fun.

> What’s the point of fighting in the ocean when you have spaceships?

Yeah and plus I don’t think the Covenant have a “water” Navy.

But it would still be a good idea.

I would really like to see that! Didnt Bungie show some early footage for boat gameplay in Reach at Pax 2010? it looked awesome, I hope they do so for Halo 4.

Um, as far as riding in a boat, and shooting at enemies, that sounds good, but swimming, no, this isn’t crysis or half life, the Chief can’t swim wearing that armor, the Chief’s armor was built for ground and space combat, not water combat.

Now, if there was some under water rooms like in Halo 2, that’d be cool, as long as the fish don’t go through walls, and there are some parts that are under water that the Chief has to walk through.

That would be a fresh new idea, maybe on a ship! not a space ship but one that floats on water, actually heck lets have it start on water and rush into space!!!

Ehhh…I guess I wouldn’t mind seeing some sea action.

I’d like to see a map (maybe part of a forge world type map) thats under water. Maybe inspired by delta halo (the level) or is it Regret i cant remember.

3 water map ideas:

An important forerunner structure built right in the middle of the ocean that controls the water, acting sort of like the moon. It could look like a large tower structure with something weird at the top, but you will be fighting down by the water where the controls are, and when you activate and deactivate the tower by a button, larger waves will form, slowing players in boats down or you can settle the water, making them faster and having less of a chance of crashing and drowning.

A UNSC Naval base called “The Blue Whale” Which has a top part above water, most underwater, and you can actually see things in the ocean, like the ocean floor, and fish. And maybe a UNSC ship docking that you can get onto as well. It would be pretty big.

A remake of Long Shore that is larger and you can go on the water this time, maybe add something in that large interior on the map we couldn’t get into before. And if they want it to be bigger, be able to make it to the other area in the distance you can see and connect the two by a plain old bridge like the one in the halo 2 campaign level.

No,only in multiplayer.

I’d rather see more space combat. But I think an ocean level would be cool is if you were exploring some Forerunner artifact buried beneath an ocean. Vehicle combat probably would be hard to integrate though

me

Id say maybe in a few levels in campaign. Stealth maybe, where you gotta use a speed boat of some kind to get somewhere. And in forge. You know, for fun custom games and stuff.

> > What’s the point of fighting in the ocean when you have spaceships?
>
> Yeah and plus I don’t think the Covenant have a “water” Navy.
>
> But it would still be a good idea.

Well than its an advantage for the UNSC…
Why not have Longsword fighters and pelicans launch from the Ocean
Or have Ocean craft blowing holes in Carriers from the sea.

It all adds to ground defense in the end.

> In Halo 4 who wants to see combat combat in the water like unsc ships and stuff like that discuss!

If they can make it fun.

What’s with the ocean and boats all of a sudden? Personally, I would rather fight on land with a Warthog then go in a boat and assault aquatic grunts (Halo 4 = No Purple). Although, as someone mentioned I wouldn’t mind rappelling (Halo style) on a ship/structure. Although, I don’t want drivable watercraft for any species.

> What’s with the ocean and boats all of a sudden? Personally, I would rather fight on land with a Warthog then go in a boat and assault aquatic grunts (Halo 4 = No Purple). Although, as someone mentioned I wouldn’t mind rappelling (Halo style) on a ship/structure. Although, I don’t want drivable watercraft for any species.

There was a post further back about some of the left out content Bungie had a comic con in 2007
They showed the water craft there and this has been alive ever since.
Cant remember what post it was.

The only reason i can agree with this is that in Halo 3 one of the latest map packs that came with the ODST disk had, what looked like to me, sea fearing carriers on it.
At the moment the name of the map escapes me.