Who wants to migrate to halo 3 and play customs

We can play campaign and customs just like before, the forge maps in reach arent very well thought of, there best forged but just arent fun. Then comes the lack of custom options i expected. Now dont flame me, i just prefer halo 3 more. One problem, hardly any of my freinds play for ONE reason. They simply dont want to because the lack of people. But if enough people play we can convince 343 or bungie to update halo 3. I mean its still ninth most played game on xbox.

I really want an update on bungie favorites, and playlists. There are still lots of people playing halo 3. Gears of War 2 is still being updated and it has half of halo 3’s population. Remember when things like these happened.

ESPECIALLY THE LAST ONE !!!

1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f94Z--PJdc&playnext=1&list=PLA846541BEF8E08C4

2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91wfbl-JsLE

3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z36WDj2PcU

4.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfRiqnWD8c

5.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idP5w7oEq6c

Halo 3 forgers actually had skill, and were smart when making maps. Now, maps are well built but then they lack FUN. When all the luxury comes, we get bored of the maps. They have a lack in good fun. Just like sandbox came, most maps were crap ( FUN wise ).

Dont flame me, Dicuss, if you disagree please do so in a kind way, have a nice day. Halo 3 isnt dead, like i said its 9th most played game on xbox.

I wish i could make a thread like this but instead of halo 3 it would be Halo 2. Nothing compares to halo 2! but i enjoy reach more than halo 3.

I REALLY wish I could make this thread for CE. I would play with you but no longer own three as my cat decided to “play” with it.

> I REALLY wish I could make this thread for CE. I would play with you but no longer own three as my cat decided to “play” with it.

you still can. Ce never had live.halo 2 did but it was removed.

I just wish that it was back in 2007 when Halo 3 was going to be the greatest thing ever sigh I miss that old Halo feeling

> I just wish that it was back in 2007 when Halo 3 was going to be the greatest thing ever sigh I miss that old Halo feeling

Same here…

I just had too much fun on halo 3, and i must admit, i had more hype and was very pleased with halo 3 when it came out. Gosh i just wish people could go back, or i would do anything to relive those awsome times.

You know, more than anything I think I miss the community aspect of Halo. don’t get me wrong, obviously there are more than a small smattering of people playing these games now, but back in the days of CE it felt like Halo was the only thing.

When Halo first launched in 2001 I was a sophomore in high school. Having no other real outside life than the Boys & Girls Club made it easy to simply play this game. That’s all we did. Go to school, go to the club, play basketball, then play Halo once the gym was closed. We had multiple Xbox’s set up and ever day was a LAN party for us. Obviously, we loved it.

Halo 2 came out as did Xbox LIVE. I remember the first, brutal at the time, steps to setting up my account. It was so foreign, and to be honest, Halo 2 was the only robust offering of a game out at the time. I worked at Gamestop for the launch. I remember there were something like 200 people in line to get their copy in Bellevue. But again, being one of the only great titles on LIVE at the time, everyone played it. Which in turn made it really fun.

Halo 3 launched, and with it came the biggest game release of all time. This statement always made me chuckle because in my mind video games were finally becoming a mainstream product rather than a niche market. Obviously it wasn’t a small market, but with the added features in consoles owning one was productive for the family rather than just the gamer in the household. By this point, though, more and more games were coming out that could challenge Halo. Gears of War, Call of Duty, Killzone, Madden, casual games, MMO’s, so on and so forth. Games were evolving, and so too are people’s tastes.

Most games were also pushing towards the online play aspect as well which in turn lowered the market share of the Halo series online. So to tie it back in to community, me and my friends played, but not as often as we used to play Halo 2 online. Not because there was anything wrong with the game, but simply because there was so much more out there.

Ah, and now ODST. I love this game. Really I do. There is so much replay value in it I could never get rid of it. But, it’s lacking something. The community feature. I’m addicted to Firefight. Most of you have no idea how much I love Firefight. But if you’re still reading there’s no shame in me tooting my own horn for a bit. The only problem is that i can’t find other players who share that same passion, and thus ODST hasn’t been given the attention it deserves. Matchmaking support was a huge disappointment.

Now that we’re a few years later, the same changes that have applied for Halo 3, have taken shape in Reach. I absolutely LOVE Reach. There is not one aspect of the gameplay that I would change. That’s right. not Armor Lock, Sprint, or any other Ability or mechanic. Reach has challenged me to evolve my gameplay, and has kept me interested this entire time.

But I haven’t played Reach as much as I thought I would. I’m the guy that camps out, and has to be first in line for any Halo event. But somehow I wasn’t even a Lt. Colonel until about a month ago. How you ask? Simple, life. I’m grown up now. Same with my friends. Some of us have kids, all of us have jobs. Others have moved away or lost a love for their gaming days. Some can’t play for hours on end like we used to. I think that our community is dwindling not because of the games themselves, but because of our priorities.

You may not agree, which is totally fine. I’m merely referencing what I’ve noticed in my personal life. I’ll be the first to admit there are more games out there for me to love now. I enjoy CoD. I enjoy Gears. I’m addicted to games I never thought I would play, like Peggle, and believe it or not our very own community manager bsangel was the one to turn me on to that game. The growth of the gaming industry is what has dwindled the population. That’s not necessarily a negative, just a challenge of sorts.

Halo hasn’t died out, or even started to. I think it’s just being challenged in multiple different aspects of life. What best way to conquer those challenges? Find the people who care as much as you do, and interact with them. My addiction for Reach came back as soon as I became super active on these forums. I went from having one to two people on my Friends List playing Halo to having 10 or so on at any given moment. This is what I need to stay interested. may sound sappy, but I need friends to keep it interesting.

Try it out. It may work for you guys too.

I completely agree with your last paragraph, twinkie

Thank you much, and sorry for the wall o’ text. Figured the opening and closing are the most important paragraphs anyways.

As far as those that want Halo3 play over Reach… honestly I think the best way to show that you prefer 3 over Reach is to play the game you like most, not the game others are playing.

> Others have moved away or lost a love for their gaming days. Some can’t play for hours on end like we used to. I think that our community is dwindling not because of the games themselves, but because of our priorities.

Overall yup. But the other reason CoD is doing so well (aside from being the most casual FPS made to date) is because it has CNN and Network-TV as its 24hr promotion channels.
Not by commercials but by covering the 3 wars and other militaristic events going on. With no TV-series or movie for kids to get sucked into, Halo doesn’t have the same marketing potential as CoD. CoD on the other hand has its mock-universe blasted into our minds on a daily, if not hourly basis… that and as said, it’s a game for the very casual player.

Although I consider myself a poor-playing rookie, H3 is more or less what I am playing at the moment. Im there for anything.

Brad

I realy wish i wouldn’t see threads like this granted this isnt a bad one… I might after I hit the CL but last time halo3 went in was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItOLJ1UOohE

](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItOLJ1UOohE)

And I would hope all the diehard Halo2 players have moved on in life… I know I havn’t lol… The song wraps up my feelings

Bring back Halo 2!!

I Always played CE through a program on the CPU think it was call “connect” strangely enough. Took a while to find games but it worked