Who wants to forge firefight maps in Halo: Reach?

Who wants to forge firefight maps in Halo: Reach? Because I do!

I was very disappointed when I found out you couldn’t edit maps in firefight. I would just like to add vehicles or make some other edits of our own on these maps. I am not really thinking about making our own forgeworld map for firefight and I don’t even think its possible. Just think of all the fun you could have playing on some awesome forge edit firefight map. I would love it. Bungie should include a update that allows editing in firefight levels.

P.S. I don’t think you can add like those other civilian vehicles in forge mode (at least on some maps) and that makes me sad.

I think I the single reason as to why we can’t forge FF maps, however awesome it would be. Have you noticed that a lot of Covenant jumps onto stuff like crates, etc? Sure, you say. Now, have you ever noticed them jumped onto a crate or object that has moved from its original position, after a grenade blast or something similar? I bet you haven’t, and that’s because the AI is programmed to interact with the environment as it is, and can’t understand changing in scenery without re-programming the AI for that level.

And no, I don’t think the civilan vehicles are in any MP maps, for some reason.

> I think I the single reason as to why we can’t forge FF maps, however awesome it would be. Have you noticed that a lot of Covenant jumps onto stuff like crates, etc? Sure, you say. Now, have you ever noticed them jumped onto a crate or object that has moved from its original position, after a grenade blast or something similar? I bet you haven’t, and that’s because the AI is programmed to interact with the environment as it is, and can’t understand changing in scenery without re-programming the AI for that level.
>
> And no, I don’t think the civilan vehicles are in any MP maps, for some reason.

I have noticed that the AI brutes will just punch anything out of there way. I’m sure there would be some problems if you made major edits to FF maps but just adding maybe a extra turret or vehicle seems like a fun thing to do and wouldn’t confuse the AI that much. Now I would never include a FF edited map into MM unless it worked well still but FF is all about the fun experience and having only passive grunts in a level and giving yourself a ghost seems like a pretty fun idea. I would also be interested to set up trap spawns and see how the AI react, as well as setting up some cool videos and screen shots.

The idea I had that made me notice that you couldn’t edit FF maps was on Holdout (Last level of campaign) All I want to do is spawn a Semi-Truck on the platform and take a screen shot saying Spoiler “Package here for Captain Keys” While just sitting in the Truck on the platform looking up at the pillar of autumn.

I think it would be cool to be able to make a forge map for FF

I’m hoping for 343’s game that they can make the AI adaptable to changed environments.

You would have to write/create a path finding system for all the enemies or each character wouldn’t know how to interact with the custom environment.

I wan’t to forge some firefight maps,that seems pretty fun.

GT saratogalyric

wait there were AI on custom maps on halo PC