Who wants to be in a Halo Reach Machinima?

My Clan leader has recently come up with the idea of a Machinima. This is our first, so any helpful tips are appreciated.

We are also in need of competent body and voice actors. By competent, I mean anyone who can reliably show up when we are shooting and will follow the directions of the director. We’d prefer anyone over the age of 12, but we will possibly accept you if you are younger than that, so long as you follow directions. And keep in mind, a good indication of competance is grammer. If you can be serious in this forum, chances are you can be serious in the machinima, and vice versa.

-We are in need of a good cameraman for our films.

-We are in need of someone with good computer editing software.

We currently have eight people (not all of which are voice actors), so there is plenty of oppurtunity for people to join.

Our shooting schedules will be something along the line of a couple hours per week. Nothing too time consuming.

All in all, anyone who has ever thought of being in a Machinima feel free to leave a comment or question.

Can I ask what his idea is? I do not want him to do ANYTHING RELATED TO WHAT I’M DOING IN MY MACHINIMA!

Also nice gamertag, and good luck.

Yellow mate i would be happy to be in it and if your not used to keeping track i will do it even if im not in it and i will give you all firewalls so you don’t get hacked i work for micrsoft so yea and i don’t goof around just let me know and ill be thar k latz bud

> Can I ask what his idea is? I do not want him to do ANYTHING RELATED TO WHAT I’M DOING IN MY MACHINIMA!
>
> Also nice gamertag, and good luck.

The story isn’t apart of the Halo universe, so chances are we’re doing different things.

And thanks about my GT. Good luck to you, as well.

> Yellow mate i would be happy to be in it and if your not used to keeping track i will do it even if im not in it and i will give you all firewalls so you don’t get hacked i work for micrsoft so yea and i don’t goof around just let me know and ill be thar k latz bud

Thank you for offering assistance with firewalls, but that isn’t necessary. As for being an actor, I’d have to have a bit more assurance as to whether or not your capable. Your post didn’t excatly scream “I’m a professional.”

And even if you were joking with the misspells, which I’m sure you were, I’d like to keep a somewhat serious tone on this, so I can determine whether or not you’d be reliable.

I would like to help in ether body acting or voice acting.I would like to know the ways you record the voice, the characters personalities, and filming times before i commit to this

> I would like to help in ether body acting or voice acting.I would like to know the ways you record the voice, the characters personalities, and filming times before i commit to this

We record voice using the audacity program. The only reason we use it is becaue it is free. If you have something else, its up to you. We are still recruiting people, so right now we are just looking for people who say “yes” to acting. Like I said earlier, the filming times will be short and not many a week, so no real committment.

Nice GT by the way. And I can give you the personalities as soon as you are ready to join. The personalities are pretty diverse, though, so we could probably find someone for you.

i may volunteer but i gotta check my schedule. I trying to get my machinima up and running.

Hey there. I’d love to help in any way I can, but I may need to know a little more before I agree to anything.

I would love to help, depends on what i shall do.

> i may volunteer but i gotta check my schedule. I trying to get my machinima up and running.

Sounds good. If the Machinima your working on is your first, this could be good practice. We might even be able to help you with your Machinima. Be sure to tell me if you are actually going to join though.

> Hey there. I’d love to help in any way I can, but I may need to know a little more before I agree to anything.

Thanks. Tell me what you need to know.

> I would love to help, depends on what i shall do.

We currently have about three main character roles, but we still need several people for the vague soldiers and enemies. Everyone is important.

> > i may volunteer but i gotta check my schedule. I trying to get my machinima up and running.
>
> Sounds good. If the Machinima your working on is your first, this could be good practice. We might even be able to help you with your Machinima. Be sure to tell me if you are actually going to join though.

Its actually my first. I could use some assistance.

> > > i may volunteer but i gotta check my schedule. I trying to get my machinima up and running.
> >
> > Sounds good. If the Machinima your working on is your first, this could be good practice. We might even be able to help you with your Machinima. Be sure to tell me if you are actually going to join though.
>
> Its actually my first. I could use some assistance.

Like I said, we are still recruiting people so we don’t have much to offer in the way of people. We might be able to help with story development and writing if you wanted. But anyways, if you’re pretty sure about joining, send me a messeage on Xbox Live.

hey there. ive been in the mood to help out with a machinima lately. so if you need actors id like to help. and anything else you need help with as well. im 18 btw.

I normally don’t give advice or anything like that for making machinimas because everyone has their own way of doing things. Some people may skip a certain step in the process or add in numerous steps in the place of what normally would be a single one. But there is one thing that I’ve learned over the years doing machinima, and that’s to plan the hell out of everything. Plan out costumes, plan out where you’re characters will move and what they’ll be doing on their way there, plan out a second plan just in case you can’t seem to get enough puppeteers, etc. It’s a pain, but it helps make filming sessions move along smoothly. On top of that, it cuts down on possible issues you might face during filming. Pre-production is your friend.

Also, if you’re still looking for a cameraman, I might be willing to help out, but I would like to know more about the project’s storyline, tone, and what not beforehand. Then I would have an idea of if I could do something interesting with it.

Im 13 and I can help with the people acting and could probably do voice and I can help set up maps. I have a pretty open schedule and can get on almost every night. I just want to be able to help on a few machinanias ( sorry if I spelled that wrong) because I want to do a series with my friends so I really need experence. Please send me a reply to my messages on the xbox because I dont get on waypoint often enough to soee if you sent me a reply. My gamertag is Viniestmage6.

Yeah sorry for “yelling” earlier, and I forgot to say yes I would like to help you guys out. Can you send a plot/ script of what you guys are doing?

> > > > i may volunteer but i gotta check my schedule. I trying to get my machinima up and running.
> > >
> > > Sounds good. If the Machinima your working on is your first, this could be good practice. We might even be able to help you with your Machinima. Be sure to tell me if you are actually going to join though.
> >
> > Its actually my first. I could use some assistance.
>
> Like I said, we are still recruiting people so we don’t have much to offer in the way of people. We might be able to help with story development and writing if you wanted. But anyways, if you’re pretty sure about joining, send me a messeage on Xbox Live.

Sorry for the late response. Ill send you a msg through xbox.