Who wants the DMR nerfed?

That damn gun is way to good. I don’t even know why 343 put bloom on it, it doesn’t even do anything. You can spam your shots without consequence and kill in just 5 hits with 14 rounds. It shoots to fast. I keep killing people so much that deserve their kill on me. I feel guilty for using it. Some guy had a SAW and I just knocked him out without problem and he wasn’t even missing. What do you guys think? I know the light rifle is really good zoomed in, but it is harder to shoot with it’s weird reticle. I think the DMR is a tad to strong. Also 343, fix your freaking “join game in progress” system, it makes you guys look like you want people to hate your game.

From what you guys have voted it sound like if the DMR was changed for the worst, the BR would be to good. I think either both guns should be reduced. They make everything else seem not as good. The AR is pretty solid, and it sounds as the carbine is great in the right hands. But IMO, I think the DMR should actually have bloom because the bloom so far doesn’t decrease the accuracy, it’s just aesthetic.

Sir, when you’re holding a beast as -Yoink!- as the DMR in your hands… you… do not… fix it.

It definitely needs some tweaking. I wouldn’t say “Nerf” it though.

I feel like it should be nerfed in its current range. In Reach sometimes I would have to zoom in when my player was farther than mid range, now I don’t even have to scope because the increased range on it.

Yeah i notice that too, DMR beating the BR is blasphemy lol
The Battle Rifle is a 3 shot burst while the DMR is a single shot rifle it should not beat the BR. I started using the DMR too when i realize people where beating me in the kill cams with 3-4 shots. Now im beating them but i Love the BR i don’t want to stop using it.
I hated the DMR on Reach but im happy both BR and DMR are on H4 but agree that is a little too powerful. at least for War Games, in Campaign is great.

buff the carbine

Honestly the Battle Rifle kills in the same number of trigger pulls but people notice the DMR shots more because it’s single shot so makes more of an impact. Doesn’t need nerfing in my opinion.

> buff the carbine

This Yes

DMR Nerf Hell to the yes, i think it either needs to take one more shot than it does to kill or have a slower fire rate.

Just an increased bloom would do it.
It kills quicker and more accurately than the BR, that’s just not right.

Make the BR better at close range.

> > buff the carbine
>
> This Yes
>
> DMR Nerf Hell to the yes, i think it either needs to take one more shot than it does to kill or have a slower fire rate.

I think the Carbine is fine. I actually do the best with that then any other primary rifle

Because making the BR king will make everything better wont it. Nerfing the DMR is an awful idea, they need to tweak, no aim assist at all perhaps? It’s really hard deciding how to tweak the weapons so they are balanced yet different.

I have no issues of the DMR, I am having success with all the weapons so far. It is way way to early to talk about a DMR nerf. I have had no issues as of yet.

The DMR just has a consistency that people are going to gravitate to regardless. Even if you could somehow mathmatically prove the sandbox is perfectly balanced people would likely gravitate towards the DMR regardless.

> I have no issues of the DMR, I am having success with all the weapons so far. It is way way to early to talk about a DMR nerf. I have had no issues as of yet.
>
> The DMR just has a consistency that people are going to gravitate to regardless. Even if you could somehow mathmatically prove the sandbox is perfectly balanced people would likely gravitate towards the DMR regardless.

Indeed. It’s a direct weapon with good range and power. You could use a carbine or BR for better results at shorter range, or the light rifle is you want to sprinkle the game with the tinkle of orange sunshine, but psychologically you’re not going to have quite the same results as with a great bing pounding rod of manly steel clenched between your mighty fists.

All the better the rest of us too. We need more chumps bringing the wrong tools to mid range and CQC. :stuck_out_tongue:

The gun is fine as is. It’s not like the model 1887 from MW2 that was OP.

NO

Make other stuff better. The Carbine and BR are both weaker than their Halo 3 renditions.

No. If it gets tweaked the BR would obviously be overpowered and then people will be complaining about it instead.

I guess you guys don’t know how to use the br on smaller maps. I trash DMR users on haven all the time with the BR. So i’m inclined to think it’s not op.

Dmr makes more sense to use on bigger maps anyway. I honestly think people whine just because they’re getting killed by the dmr and can’t handle it.

> No. If it gets tweaked the BR would obviously be overpowered and then people will be complaining about it instead.

Then both guns should be reduced.

If you actually test them both out they both deal the same amount of damage, apart from the DMR rate of fire is slightly faster (tested this on forge) but the Carbine is faster then the DMR but does less damage, still I have success and fails when I use the BR up against DMR players, I just find that the BR reticle is larger than the DMR thus making the DMR better at long range.